Proudly Gay and Ordained?

Bustem' Down

Give Peas a Chance
Railroad said:
People often say that the times were different in the Old Testament and that what it says there doesn't apply anymore (some say because Jesus came and changed all that). I've been taught that that's not how it works - God is timeless and so are His words and rules.

But I know people's opinions about these things differ. I'm with 2A 100% on this one. The Bible says, "Judge not lest you yourself be judged," so I'm not going to even attempt to deal with who's going to he11 and who's going to heaven. I know I'm saved, and that's that.
Railroad, That's one of the more intellegent things I've heard here and respect you for that. Too many people like to throw stones first.

K_Jo

Pea Brain
PREMO Member
I don't care what the bible says. Homosexuality is not a choice. Therefore, calling someone a sinner for being born gay is the same as calling someone a sinner for being born ugly.

Railroad

Routinely Derailed
K_Jo said:
I don't care what the bible says. Homosexuality is not a choice. Therefore, calling someone a sinner for being born gay is the same as calling someone a sinner for being born ugly.
:lol: Somebody's got YOU fooled! :lmao: :killingme

Railroad

Routinely Derailed
<TABLE class=tborder cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=6 width="100%" align=center border=0><TBODY id=collapseobj_usercp_reputation><TR><TD class=alt2>http://forums.somd.com/images/reputation/reputation_neg.gif</TD><TD class=alt1Active id=p905355 width="50%">Proudly Gay and Ordained?</TD><TD class=alt2 noWrap>04-17-2005 10:05 AM</TD><TD class=alt1 width="50%">nobody's rules are timeless.</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>You'll find out for certain about that someday, I'm sure.

Last edited:

Railroad

Routinely Derailed
Nickel said:
How would you know wether or not homosexuality is a choice?
Because God created each of us, and He abhors homosexuality, so I 'spect He didn't wire anybody that way. Our weaknesses are often the result of tendencies we're born with (temper, alcoholism, etc.). That doesn't make it okay to yield to them. My weakness is alcohol - I'm wired that way. I can choose not to drink, though.

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser
Railroad said:
Because God created each of us, and He abhors homosexuality, so I 'spect He didn't wire anybody that way.
Ok, so you don't know, you just assume. Just checking. :yay:

K_Jo

Pea Brain
PREMO Member
Railroad said:
Because God created each of us, and He abhors homosexuality, so I 'spect He didn't wire anybody that way. Our weaknesses are often the result of tendencies we're born with (temper, alcoholism, etc.). That doesn't make it okay to yield to them. My weakness is alcohol - I'm wired that way. I can choose not to drink, though.
:lol: Somebody's got YOU fooled! :lmao: :killingme

Railroad

Routinely Derailed
Please understand, I don't hate gay people. They've made their choices, that's their prerogative. But when asked, I tell what I know, and what I know is based on what the Bible says, not what modern society would ask me to believe. What I post on this topic are my opinions as best I can express them, but the REAL opinion is God's, and all I know about that is what's in the Bible.

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser
Railroad said:
Please understand, I don't hate gay people.
I never said that you did. You assume that homosexuals are not born that way, however you go on to say that "our weaknesses are often the result of tendencies we're born with". From that I gather that you believe homosexuals are born with the predisposed attraction to members of their same sex, and what separates the sinners from the non-sinners is the acting out of those tendencies. I don't necessarily disagree, I just think it's ignorant to assume that homosexuality is a choice, when you do not know this is fact.

Railroad

Routinely Derailed
Nickel said:
I never said that you did. You assume that homosexuals are not born that way, however you go on to say that "our weaknesses are often the result of tendencies we're born with". From that I gather that you believe homosexuals are born with the predisposed attraction to members of their same sex, and what separates the sinners from the non-sinners is the acting out of those tendencies. I don't necessarily disagree, I just think it's ignorant to assume that homosexuality is a choice, when you do not know this is fact.
Assuming gays are wired that way (although I think not), and knowing from the Bible that homosexuality is a sin just as many other things are, then we can deduce (not assume) that homosexuality is a sin just like drinking to excess, adultery. etc. The challenge we face as Christians is to recognize these behaviors as counter to what God intends, and be strong enough to resist them (with God's help). So in that challenge there IS a choice, and the choice is to obey God's rules. Therefore one can say that there is a choice.

People need guidance as they make their choices in life, and unfortunately it's either unavailable or not heeded by everybody when they need it the most. Those who get and use the guidance God provides know what choices to make. I have known effeminate men (by mannerisms, build, and speech) that were either celibate or heterosexuals. They were Christians. I've also known masculine women (same set of parameters as for men) who were either celibate or heterosexuals. They also were Christians. I see in them the very noble quality of obeying God's word, regardless of their tendencies.

Railroad

Routinely Derailed
K_Jo said:
:holdingtongueandabandoningthread:
I apologize if I've offended anybody, you in particular, K_Jo, because I respect you a whole lot! You have your opinion and I have mine, and I respect yours, even if I disagree with it.

K_Jo

Pea Brain
PREMO Member
You didn't run me off or offend me. I just happen to have very strong opinions/beliefs that are exactly the opposite of yours and there's no sense in going back and forth about it. I'd much rather mess around in Chit Chat than get all riled up in a forum I know will be nothing but trouble. :lol:

Railroad

Routinely Derailed
K_Jo said:
You didn't run me off or offend me. I just happen to have very strong opinions/beliefs that are exactly the opposite of yours and there's no sense in going back and forth about it. I'd much rather mess around in Chit Chat than get all riled up in a forum I know will be nothing but trouble. :lol:
I'm with ya there!!!!!!!!!! :huggy: