PSA for Rte 235 drivers!!!!

corollinout

That's why I hate driving in St Mary's. If I am turning on 4 north I wait until I am ready to make the turn and get over. If someone is coming up to pass me at that time, sorry for them because I will cut them off. I do the same thing on H.G. Truman to get into the side gate of CRE. I will pass people that use that lane just to get in front of them and slow them down. Learn how to drive and people won't have to stop in the travel lane and wait for an opening in the turn lane.

When I pull out if Foodlion, I put half the front of the truck in that lane so people either have to stop or slow down to go around me. Hey, I thought they were turning into Foodlion from the turn lane.

pelers

That's why I hate driving in St Mary's. If I am turning on 4 north I wait until I am ready to make the turn and get over. If someone is coming up to pass me at that time, sorry for them because I will cut them off. I do the same thing on H.G. Truman to get into the side gate of CRE. I will pass people that use that lane just to get in front of them and slow them down. Learn how to drive and people won't have to stop in the travel lane and wait for an opening in the turn lane.

When I pull out if Foodlion, I put half the front of the truck in that lane so people either have to stop or slow down to go around me. Hey, I thought they were turning into Foodlion from the turn lane.

You sound dangerous. People do get into the turn lane more than immediately prior to their turn so they don't have to slam their brakes on in the traveling lanes. Likewise people use that lane to get up to speed before merging into the travel lanes when they turn out of a business.

glhs837

Power with Control

Proper technique is to get into the decell lane as soon as it's practical/safe to do so. If you are waiting til the last minute, you are part of the congestion problem.

MMDad

Lem Putt
I'm waiting for "the big one" @ 235/4 where the folks that come off the TJ Bridge make the left turn southbound in the far right left turn lane; youknowwha'msayin'; and slice into the right turn lane to get into WaWa.
More than once I've almost had the front end sheared off, or been broadsided.
:headonswivel:

You mean where YOU have a YIELD sign, dumbass? Any idea what YIELD means, dumbass? If you don't YIELD and there's a collision, guess whose fault it is, dumbass?

DEEKAYPEE8569

Are you turning left from the opposite direction to go north on 235?

I'msorrywhuut? No, turning.....well.....right, off of SAC Road onto 235 at the 235/4 light at WaWa. That 'right on red after stop' thing.....proceeding to blend into traffic flow after stopping.
Somone will always make the left from off the bridge, onto 235 and just move over to the right turn lane to get into WaWa; no signal, mirror check, nothin'. Just waiting for "the big one" at that intersection; hoping I am not part of it.

DEEKAYPEE8569

You know that you have the yield sign there, don't you?

Actually dear heart, it's a traffic light. And yeah, I know about "yield" but when the pencil necks just change lanes without checking blind spots OR SIGNALLING.....none of you can tell me that none of you don't have a clue what I'm talking about.

This is a Public Service Announcement.....

To all of you AZZHOLES that continually ride the length of 235 in the turning lane and either try to cut back in at the last second before the next traffic light OR take the route in front of Cedar Point CU or the newly opened parkway behind the PNC bank.... Please stop! I have already seen bicycle riders almost get run over at these intersections 2 times in the last week because you are in such a hurry to get to your "shortcut" so you can get that extra 10-20 seconds ahead of the traffic!

To all of you BLEEDING HEARTS that let these ignorant people back into the traffic lanes. Please STOP! If you continually let this happen, it ensures that these people will not learn their lesson and some day there will be a body on the road and you will wonder if that same person was the one you let in the day before!

THE RIGHT TURN LANE IS ONLY FOR TURNING OFF OF 235 TO ACCESS THE BUSINESSES THAT HAVE THEIR ENTRIES/EXITS THERE AND FOR TURNING ONTO THE ADJACENT CROSSROADS!

It is NOT an extra DRIVING lane! Nor is it a passing lane that is open, only to you, in order to get past the traffic.

Someday the sherrif's office/MSP is going to get wise and park someone at the PNC bank across from San Succi Plaza and at the Chipotle's and start pulling these idiots over!

Thanks for reading this Public Service Announcement! :howdy:

I agree, they are dill holes, but it sounds to me like you are calling for a bit of "tailgate the guy in front of you" to keep them from getting in. If they are actually backing off then I agree, if not, disagree.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Actually dear heart, it's a traffic light. And yeah, I know about "yield" but when the pencil necks just change lanes without checking blind spots OR SIGNALLING.....none of you can tell me that none of you don't have a clue what I'm talking about.

Coming off of St. Andrews to turn right to go south on 235 is not a right turn on red after a stop. It has a Yield sign that you should abide by. If you get hit by a car drifting over, it is your fault.

thurley42

HY;FR

You need your license yanked.

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad

:yeahthat: I hate it people use the right turn lane to turn right :crazy:
They must be punished for their audacity :tantrum:

You mean where YOU have a YIELD sign, dumbass? Any idea what YIELD means, dumbass? If you don't YIELD and there's a collision, guess whose fault it is, dumbass?

It will be the fault of the person who enters a lane that is already occupied

SG_Player1974

I agree, they are dill holes, but it sounds to me like you are calling for a bit of "tailgate the guy in front of you" to keep them from getting in. If they are actually backing off then I agree, if not, disagree.

Im talking about the ones that keep their vehicle stopped, wave their hand, and are hollering "Come on in!"

DEEKAYPEE8569

Coming off of St. Andrews to turn right to go south on 235 is not a right turn on red after a stop. It has a Yield sign that you should abide by.
Oh, but I do. "But you said....." Just forget what you think I said.
If you get hit by a car drifting over, it is your fault.
Not if negligence on behalf of the driver that drifted over into me can be proven; and it will be proven.

MMDad

Lem Putt

You do have a yield sign there, dumbass. That means yield, dumbass. It doesn't mean stick your thumb up your ass and expect the traffic with the right of way to yield to you, dumbass.

MMDad

Lem Putt
It will be the fault of the person who enters a lane that is already occupied

It will be the fault of the person who did not yield. If there's a yield sign and a collision occurs, that is proof that the dumbass did not yield. The person with the right of way does not get a free pass to just hit them, but the fact is that a yield sign means just that - yield.

MMDad

Lem Putt

Easy to understand that you have no clue what YIELD means. Look it up.

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
It will be the fault of the person who did not yield. If there's a yield sign and a collision occurs, that is proof that the dumbass did not yield. The person with the right of way does not get a free pass to just hit them, but the fact is that a yield sign means just that - yield.

Once you're around the corner you're occupying the lane and have the right of way.

I look for right turn signals on the thru lanes when turning right onto 235, if I don't see one I make the turn. If not, you'll sit there forever.