PSA for Rte 235 drivers!!!!

Seems all the excellent drivers are posting on the forums. That would explain why so many bad drivers are on the road. Get off the road and on the forums you idiots!

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
They really need to extend that brick triangle thing in that Food Lion complex, like they have in front of CVS/Kohls on 235. Too many people do use that lane as an extra lane and go 65/70 mph assuming people are not going to be turning into the complex. If they put something there to reenforce the right turn into Food Lion complex, hopefully a few alignments later when they run over the top of the thing like I saw people do in front of CVS/Kohl's right lane only lane, people will get a clue.

:lol: next time you're sitting at a light next to one of those lane ending curbs, check out the amount of damage they sustain

molly_21

:lol: next time you're sitting at a light next to one of those lane ending curbs, check out the amount of damage they sustain

That is my point ;-) Plus I have personally seen people run into then people they were not paying attention................... :)

bohman

Oh, but I do. "But you said....." Just forget what you think I said. Not if negligence on behalf of the driver that drifted over into me can be proven; and it will be proven.

No it won't. You have a yield sign there. I understand that it can be surprising to have someone coming at you there, because it isn't clear that all three lanes of opposing traffic can make a left onto 235 South at that spot. But still - they rolled through a green light and you have a yield sign. It means that they have the right of way, and you don't.

It's a crappy set-up, but legally you'll come out on the losing end of that scenario.

ftcret

I never realized how lucky I am that I only have to saunter up Rt. 5 to the Beltway, to the Toll Road to Ashburn, Va. everyday. Sounds like everyone on here has an extremely dangerous, and frustrating 15 mile commute. Makes my 85 miles seem like a picnic.

Just to let you know Va. drivers as bad as any you will find in SOMD.

Not too sure about VA drivers being as bad - I drive the 90 miles to Reston from Pembrooke developement off Willows, not too bad at 4AM but the fun begins mid/late afternoon about Charlotte Hall and goes downhill fast the deeper I get into St. Marys...

ftcret

Seems all the excellent drivers are posting on the forums. That would explain why so many bad drivers are on the road. Get off the road and on the forums you idiots!

Probably access the forum while driving from their smart phones

DEEKAYPEE8569

No it won't. You have a yield sign there. I understand that it can be surprising to have someone coming at you there, because it isn't clear that all three lanes of opposing traffic can make a left onto 235 South at that spot. But still - they rolled through a green light and you have a yield sign. It means that they have the right of way, and you don't.

It's a crappy set-up, but legally you'll come out on the losing end of that scenario.

You got that right.
Oh yeah, last night I was on my way to pick up some carry out.
I was stopped.....well "yeilding" at the light.Traffic was coming through, so I waited for an opportunity to "blend" into traffic, when from directly behind me, this guy lays on the horn. I hit the emergency flashers, got out of my car and went over to his driver's-side window and taptaptap'ed on it, weapon-free, mind you. He looked at me like I had two heads. He cracked his window about 1/2 an inch and I asked, "Is there a problem? "Are you alright?" "Uuummm, errrr, Uuhhh" was the response.
I guess he didn't expect a Q&A. :shrug:

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
You got that right.
I was stopped.....well "yeilding" at the light.Traffic was coming through, so I waited for an opportunity to "blend" into traffic, when from directly behind me, this guy lays on the horn. I hit the emergency flashers, got out of my car and went over to his driver's-side window and taptaptap'ed on it, weapon-free, mind you. He looked at me like I had two heads. He cracked his window about 1/2 an inch and I asked, "Is there a problem? "Are you alright?" "Uuummm, errrr, Uuhhh" was the response.

Yer so tough. :swoon:

thurley42

HY;FR
You got that right.

So you decided to block traffic and inconvience everyone else around you because you wanted to feel tough?

Attachments

• hB2A5A570.jpg
    hB2A5A570.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 48

MarieB

It's similar to the intersection at Chancellor's Run and 235/Sheetz, but I don't recall if there is a yield sign there.