[Rant] Every Day...

I see that all the time. 2 Friday's ago at the light there at 4. Once a week minimum at Mattawoman-Beantown. Various other lights.

Favorite one was a guy did that at the light at Mattawoman-Beantown and there was a cop in the turn lane. He made it easy for the guy to pull into the gas station to get his ticket.

gemma_rae

Driving in St mary's is like playing baseball for Yogi Berra, 90% of it is half mental.

Beep, Beep, comin' thru!:shortbus:

SG_Player1974

Nothing tops the MORONS that think the far right hand exit lane on 235 is a means to race up the road and merge into traffic just before the next light.

Even if they dont make it, they always divert behind the PNC bank and/or the Chipotle so they can get ahead by 30-60 seconds.

THOSE PEOPLE ARE THE TRUE DOUCHEBAGS!!!

Driving is so stressful and everyone has a different idea of what "good driving" entails. :jameo: Everyone thinks they are a good driver...

....this is why I hate everyone. :coffee:

BAN ALL INTERSECTIONS...:mad:

Nothing tops the MORONS that think the far right hand exit lane on 235 is a means to race up the road and merge into traffic just before the next light.

Even if they dont make it, they always divert behind the PNC bank and/or the Chipotle so they can get ahead by 30-60 seconds.

THOSE PEOPLE ARE THE TRUE DOUCHEBAGS!!!

:nono: The true douchebags are the ones that beep at you when you are trying to safely pull out of WaWa onto 235 with your toddler in the car. :cds:

I'm going as fast as I can and it is a very stressful spot. :jameo:

THAT is the biggest form of douchebaggary... :coffee:

And that is why I avoid all gas stations.

Beta

Smile!
Ahem...

You had plenty of time to merge over beforehand.

Photo: Massive Douchebags

Stop endangering everyone around you, every day, so you can get home 3 minutes sooner.

That is all.

It sounds like what you're expecting is that the right thru lane on Northbound 235, from First Colony all the way to Route 4 (and beyond), should remain empty. Is that right?

That means between First Colony and Shady Old whatever Rd, there should be very few cars because most everyone should have merged over. Right?

Essentially what you're saying is that about a half mile of the 3rd lane should remain virtually empty during rush hour traffic. Is that right? Your answer should be yes, because that's what your expectation seems to be.

What you're saying is that you demand everyone to be backed up for miles, causing everyone a lengthier time to get home, because you're too terrified to use merge lanes. That's more offensive to me than anything else -- who gave you the right to demand that I take more time to get home?

All 3 lanes should be used to their fullest extent! If only two lanes are "available" at the First Colony light, and they're full (which is usually the case at 4:30), shouldn't people use the rightmost thru lane to make sure as many people as possible make it through the intersection? The more people lined up in the rightmost lane at Rt 4, the more people who make it through that intersection as well!

What I'm saying is, using the rightmost lane ALLEVIATES traffic and helps everyone get home faster. To not use it is absolutely moronic and causes the delays that stagger traffic all the way back to the base. So as a result of your rant, I pledge to start using that lane EVERY DAY, in order to help alleviate traffic and to piss you off, instead of using it maybe once every few weeks.

Cheers! :buddies:

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
I think the best way to alleviate this is for everyone that is traveling north, they should turn left and go through First Colony, then left on Saint Andrews, then right into Wildewood and pass through whichever neighborhoods and get back out onto 235 without even having to use the 235/4 intersection.

glhs837

Power with Control
:nono: The true douchebags are the ones that beep at you when you are trying to safely pull out of WaWa onto 235 with your toddler in the car. :cds:

I'm going as fast as I can and it is a very stressful spot. :jameo:

THAT is the biggest form of douchebaggary... :coffee:

And that is why I avoid all gas stations.

I'm normally pretty tolerant of your CDS stuff, but here I differ. Your toddler being in the car makes no difference ot me, nor should it to you. Your driving technique should be the same.

"As fast as you can" says to me that you are leaving a lot on the table, acceleration-wise, and that sort of tentativeness is what gets people honking. Not me, I never honk outside safety situations, but I know what gets people ticked enough to honk.

Folks should learn what a safe gap is and have the confidence to move out smartly into that gap. That confidence comes from knowledge, both of how long things take to travel a distance, and how fast your vehicle can accelerate. Lacking both or either of those leads to dangerous driving, be it too aggressive, or to tentative.

I'm normally pretty tolerant of your CDS stuff, but here I differ. Your toddler being in the car makes no difference ot me, nor should it to you. Your driving technique should be the same.

"As fast as you can" says to me that you are leaving a lot on the table, acceleration-wise, and that sort of tentativeness is what gets people honking. Not me, I never honk outside safety situations, but I know what gets people ticked enough to honk.

Folks should learn what a safe gap is and have the confidence to move out smartly into that gap. That confidence comes from knowledge, both of how long things take to travel a distance, and how fast your vehicle can accelerate. Lacking both or either of those leads to dangerous driving, be it too aggressive, or to tentative.

K :coffee:

I think the best way to alleviate this is for everyone that is traveling north, they should turn left and go through First Colony, then left on Saint Andrews, then right into Wildewood and pass through whichever neighborhoods and get back out onto 235 without even having to use the 235/4 intersection.

Or, we could just BAN DRIVING :mad:

SG_Player1974

Or......

People could just OBEY TRAFFIC LAWS when they are driving!!!

The FAR right lane(s) on 235, both northbound AND southbound, are for merging into and out of 235. They ARE NOT for passing and/or getting around traffic that people do not feel applies to them.

It boggles the mind how much money MSP or the Sheriff's office could make by watching these lanes between 3-6pm every weekday especially near San Succi and Chancellor's intersections. Apparently, it is a $90 fine for evading a controlled intersection each instance. :evil:

Beta

Smile!

The FAR right lane(s) on 235, both northbound AND southbound, are for merging into and out of 235. They ARE NOT for passing and/or getting around traffic that people do not feel applies to them.

It boggles the mind how much money MSP or the Sheriff's office could make by watching these lanes between 3-6pm every weekday especially near San Succi and Chancellor's intersections. Apparently, it is a $90 fine for evading a controlled intersection each instance. :evil:

:whoosh:

this is about the far right thru lanes, not the merge/turn lanes that are to the right of those.

but I agree, that's a problem too. But check the picture from the OP -- he was clearly angry about people who are obeying the law.

Me too... I would never have to go to Wawa again. :diva:

When I invent magic carpets with autopilot (for people like you) I'm going to make sure they require Wawa gas. :evil:

BernieP

Resident PIA

WRONG WRONG WRONG
The far right "RIGHT TURN LANE" is to get vehicles out of traffice BEFORE they have to slow down.
The idea being you pull over and SLOW DOWN, not slow down and pull over.
Otherwise yuo disrupt the traffic of the highway.
The mistake made is that you assume a yeild or right on red gives you the right of way - at least that's what I got from the OP. "If only people would pull over and let me just roll around the corner..."
WRONG
YOu do not have the right of way when the other road does. Yeild mean yeild, not force the other road to accept you.
This is the problem in the morning with vehicles coming over St. Andrews Church Rd. Most don't stop or even hesitate before making the right onto SB 235, Which causes vehicles in the right lane to stop, in the travel lane, if they want to get into Wa Wa or any other driveway.
If it were not for the concrete island they would travel as far south at 55 MPH or faster in the turn lane.

MMDad

Lem Putt
Actually it sounds as if you don't understand the concept of merging. If a person is already in a lane and you want to enter that lane it is up to that person if they want to slow down to let you in. There is no obligation to let you merge and therein lies the problem. Too many people do not understand this concept and therefore do not know how to merge properly.

Actually, it sounds like you don't understand the concept of tailgating and aggressive driving. If you are following so closely that a car cannot fit between you and the vehicle in front of you, then you are tailgating. If the cop sees you taking action to prevent a lawful merge you could be facing aggressive, negligent, or reckless driving charges. If an accident happens, you could be at fault.

A merge implies that vehicles in both lanes will take action to make the merge happen safely. Being in the center lane first does not grant you unlimited ownership of that lane. If the person in the right lane is following a sign that directs them to merge, they attempt to do so appriopriately including signalling, and you block them then you are in the wrong.

bilbur

Actually, it sounds like you don't understand the concept of tailgating and aggressive driving. If you are following so closely that a car cannot fit between you and the vehicle in front of you, then you are tailgating. If the cop sees you taking action to prevent a lawful merge you could be facing aggressive, negligent, or reckless driving charges. If an accident happens, you could be at fault.

A merge implies that vehicles in both lanes will take action to make the merge happen safely. Being in the center lane first does not grant you unlimited ownership of that lane. If the person in the right lane is following a sign that directs them to merge, they attempt to do so appriopriately including signalling, and you block them then you are in the wrong.

Not true, it is the persons responsibility in the lane that is ending to find a safe place to merge, it is not the responsibility of the person in the continuing travel lane to accommodate the merging car. What you are saying is that you stop in the middle of the beltway to let cars in from merging lanes. No, you continue to drive your speed knowing the person in the car is smart enough to find a safe way to merge without forcing their way into the travel portion of traffic. Does anybody remember their drivers training? I leave 1 to 1.5 car lengths between me and the car in front of me at the speeds we are going through that intersection which is acceptable for traveling but if someone merges between me and the car in front of me with just one care length they are forcing their way in. Why should I have to slow down due to your lack of planning and not merging until the lane ends? This is why everything comes to a stop just after the light and if I am driving in stop and go traffic I can safely get closer than 1 car length. Lastly, being in the center lane does give me ownership of the space my car occupies and a safe distance in front and behind my vehicle.