Real Bible Prophesy, discussed.

VoteJP

J.P. Cusick
J.P. Cusick, for Maryland Governor 2010

Are you against capital punishment?

Yes, I am against Capital punishment as I do not like the government killing prisoners.

My big reasoning is that we do have huge prisons and being put in prison is sufficient punishment for any crime.

As to the Bible scriptures then the death penalty was given at a time when the alternative of life in prison was not available or not practical but now today the circumstances have improved.

But I would make the exception if we were on a deserted island or lost in a desert or stranded in some way and a violent criminal was amongst us and still an active threat then I would consent to the killing in that scenario as that is to stop the threat, as would otherwise be done if the one was put into prison.

God and justice demands that we stop the violent wrongdoer (and only violent ones), but that does not include taking vengeance when prison can be used instead of an execution.

Jesus said: I will have mercy, and not sacrifice: for I am not come to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance. Matthew 9:13 KJV.

By killing a prisoner then we take away their repentance which makes us wrong in doing the execution.

P.S.

I do know (and believe) about that thing people call God.

Marie

Yes, I am against Capital punishment .

Kind of figured that. It goes to show you don't understand justice. Thats why you cant accept God being just, and punishing law breakers, and you don't feel society should exercises justice either.

A man can repent on death row as easily in a cell.

If someone commits murder they deserve death, but you prefer injustice, that the criminal goes free and be an unjust burden on society, causing us to pay his room and board, meals and clothes so he can lead a life of luxury working out and getting a free education at Jail house U.

Sorry I don't see justice in that. What I see is setting a standard for anyone that doesn't want to be responsible, or is to lazy to work, can trade in their freedom for the for a Free ride on those willing to abide by the law.

Did you forget that you were running for office when you answered this?

G

GettingRipped

I came across this weightloss site, is it legit?

Hey guys! I came accross this Acai Berry site and wanted to know if anyone has dealt with it.
This looks too good to be tru for building muscle but I've read testimonials online where people are using Acai Berry for Weightloss methods. If anyone has any tips please feel free to input.

VoteJP

J.P. Cusick

Kind of figured that. It goes to show you don't understand justice. Thats why you cant accept God being just, and punishing law breakers, and you don't feel society should exercises justice either.

A man can repent on death row as easily in a cell.

If someone commits murder they deserve death, but you prefer injustice, that the criminal goes free and be an unjust burden on society, causing us to pay his room and board, meals and clothes so he can lead a life of luxury working out and getting a free education at Jail house U.

Sorry I don't see justice in that. What I see is setting a standard for anyone that doesn't want to be responsible, or is to lazy to work, can trade in their freedom for the for a Free ride on those willing to abide by the law.

I must say that in this posting you demonstrate one of the most unloving and selfish of perceptions that I have ever seen.

Did you forget that you were running for office when you answered this?

I suppose that too is meant to put some form of fear or intimidation into me while I am not afraid of winning or of losing, and not afraid of voters or of the police, and not afraid of burning in hell and not afraid of the monster that you see God as being, and I preach as I sincerely believe.

Marie

I must say that in this posting you demonstrate one of the most unloving and selfish of perceptions that I have ever seen..

Thank You, Thank you very much.
I suppose that too is meant to put some form of fear or intimidation into me while I am not afraid of winning or of losing, and not afraid of voters or of the police, and not afraid of burning in hell and not afraid of the monster that you see God as being, and I preach as I sincerely believe.

No, nothing was meant by it at all, except that since your running for office, I certainly wouldn't reply in a manner that shows you have no sense of justice especially when the Governor has to pardon people. The folks voting for you probably wouldn't get a warm and fuzzy knowing that your just going to let everyone off.

The point was made that the reason you see god as a tyrant and a monster is that you have no sense of justice. Justice is not letting everyone off. Even if a person comes to Christ in person its just that he serve his sentence and he can have a ministry in prison.

VoteJP

J.P. Cusick

I do not recommend that Church but that book I do highly recommend and it does use Bible references as its source.

See "The United States and Britain in Prophesy" online at the link HERE.

And that link has that book online so it is not a connection to that Church at all.

Bump

VoteJP

J.P. Cusick
Mr Short-Bus.

Albert Schweitzer in the book "The Quest for the Historic Jesus" has explained that when Jesus turned the water into wine, John 2:3-11, that what really happened is that Jesus already had brought the extra and best wine as a surprise, and this is why His mother Mary knew to tell Jesus to bring it out, verses 3-5.

Then Jesus told the servants to fill the empty containers with water as that was the way of purifying or cleaning as said in verse 6. Then it was said to be a miracle because the "ruler of the feast" did not know while the servants did know per verse 9. The servants knew of the wine being provided while the ruler saw it as a miracle.

It is like people that survive an accident or a natural disaster and call it a "miracle" since that is a convenient and pleasing form of explanation.

The point and purpose of such critical interpretations of the Bible text is to show Jesus as a true person in history instead of some mystical and magical creature.

:shortbus:

VoteJP

J.P. Cusick
Mr Short-Bus.

Albert Schweitzer in the book "The Quest for the Historic Jesus" has explained that when Jesus turned the water into wine, John 2:3-11, that what really happened is that Jesus already had brought the extra and best wine as a surprise, and this is why His mother Mary knew to tell Jesus to bring it out, verses 3-5.

Another interesting message from that book is that when Jesus fed the multitudes with 5 loaves of bread and 2 fish, per Mark 6:35-44 linked HERE, then what is really being told is that Jesus being that group leader sets the example of sharing his small amount of food and so then the other people followed His example and they shared their food too, and as such everyone (5,000+) were fed with 12 baskets of food left over.

If Jesus had just magically created food and thereby mystically fed the thousands then there is no real virtue in such an account, but by showing how Jesus set the example that others followed then that brought out the charity and generosity of the other people which then shows the virtue of Christ and the point of His message and the real miracle was to get people to care and to help each other.

The true Gospel message of Christ was to love thy neighbor and love thy enemies and NOT to rely on mystical miracles, reference Acts 11:27-30 link HERE.

PsyOps

Pixelated

Then Jesus told the servants to fill the empty containers with water as that was the way of purifying or cleaning as said in verse 6. Then it was said to be a miracle because the "ruler of the feast" did not know while the servants did know per verse 9. The servants knew of the wine being provided while the ruler saw it as a miracle.

It is like people that survive an accident or a natural disaster and call it a "miracle" since that is a convenient and pleasing form of explanation.

The point and purpose of such critical interpretations of the Bible text is to show Jesus as a true person in history instead of some mystical and magical creature.

So, Jesus and his disciples are nothing but a band of liars and deceivers. Thanks for straightening us all out here JP.

PsyOps

Pixelated
By killing a prisoner then we take away their repentance which makes us wrong in doing the execution.

We don't need repentance since we are ALL saved anyway. What's the point in repentance if we are all saved anyway? So it doesn't matter if someone is put to death; it doesn't matter if someone is killed in a car accident; it doesn't matter if someone is murdered on the streets.

As I've said before, since I am already saved (by your decree) I am working the world through debaucherous sin; without regard for others and with no remorse. You have relieved me of any responsibility, morals, care, or love and given me full acquiescence to sin, sin, sin…

I am saved!!!!!!!

Marie

So, Jesus and his disciples are nothing but a band of liars and deceivers. Thanks for straightening us all out here JP.

JP has a very small god, (The one he created in his own mind) he can speak the world into exsistance but then dosent have the ability to do small miracles. Maybe thats why JP's god cant save him.

PsyOps

Pixelated
JP has a very small god, (The one he created in his own mind) he can speak the world into exsistance but then dosent have the ability to do small miracles. Maybe thats why JP's god cant save him.

Whoa! I'm not willing to take this to the level of deciding whether JP is saved or not. His theories on God (Yahweh) and Christianity lend us reason to believe he is not a Christian; but I'm not willing to assert the status of his salvation.

But there is no doubt he has put God in a nice little neat box to fit what he needs. I think a lot of people do this, but JPC takes it to the extreme.

VoteJP

J.P. Cusick
Mr Short-Bus.

No, we do not call anyone as liars or deceivers because it is only saying that the old text (the Bible) was not written by eye witness accounts, and that many of the writers wrote what they believed as being mystical and magical when that was never true and was not the true intention nor purpose of Christ.

As in the real historical person of Jesus did not want His followers to rely on miracles as He wanted humanity to learn love, hope, faith and charity.

Even today many people see and pronounce miracles when there are no such miracles simply because they want miracles instead of the truth, and it does not make them into liars as it is just another one of the many human failings.

PsyOps

Pixelated
No, we do not call anyone as liars or deceivers because it is only saying that the old text (the Bible) was not written by eye witness accounts, and that many of the writers wrote what they believed as being mystical and magical when that was never true and was not the true intention nor purpose of Christ.

As in the real historical person of Jesus did not want His followers to rely on miracles as He wanted humanity to learn love, hope, faith and charity.

Even today many people see and pronounce miracles when there are no such miracles simply because they want miracles instead of the truth, and it does not make them into liars as it is just another one of the many human failings.

First of all, there is nothing mystical or magical about Jesus performing “miracles”. Jesus – the Son of God – has this ability to do what humans cannot. That is His nature. Because I am unable to turn water into wine, while Jesus is able to, doesn’t make it a magical event. From that standpoint I do not subscribe to the “miracle” mentality.

But here is the $1,000 question for you: Since you want to believe these things have nature explanations (rather super-natural), does Jesus have the ability to perform these “miracles”? Is it within His ability to turn water into wine or raise someone from the dead or create the universe? Or do all of these things have natural explanations and are not the result of God’s power and abilities that are far above our own?

ItalianScallion

Harley Rider
Like your brother, Hussein Obama, you're lying!
AGAIN, I'll ask you: What is your standard of truth based on for making these statements? They are based on NOTHING!
Here's what the standard of all truth says: (2 Peter 1 v 16 & 18):
"We did not follow cleverly invented stories when we told you about the power and coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, but we were eye witnesses of His majesty. We ourselves heard this voice that came from heaven when we were with him on the sacred mountain".
VoteJP said:
...Jesus did not want His followers to rely on miracles as He wanted humanity to learn love, hope, faith and charity. Even today many people see and pronounce miracles when there are no such miracles simply because they want miracles instead of the truth...
John quotes Jesus otherwise: (John 10 v 37):
"Do not believe me unless I do what my Father does. But if I do it, even though you do not believe in me, believe the miracles, that you may know and understand that the Father is in me and I am in the Father".

VoteJP

J.P. Cusick
Mr Short-Bus.

First of all, there is nothing mystical or magical about Jesus performing “miracles”. Jesus – the Son of God – has this ability to do what humans cannot. That is His nature. Because I am unable to turn water into wine, while Jesus is able to, doesn’t make it a magical event. From that standpoint I do not subscribe to the “miracle” mentality.

I can see that you have a deeper faith than many others, so in your own case then you your self can deal more properly with the miracles.

But in this world we have non-believers and skeptics and nay-sayers who see such miracles as being claims of magic and mysticism, and Jesus is flexible enough to reach out to every lost soul of every kind.

So when people do doubt the Gospels based on the miracles then there is no justification to cling to such obstacles that keep and drive the lost sheep away.

The miracles of Jesus do nothing in promoting love or faith, justice, righteous or the Kingdom of God, so the real person of Jesus is not tied to nor reliant on the claims of miracles.

Jesus feeding the multitudes by miracle is a demonstration without true value, whereas Jesus having the miracle of feeding the people through the generosity and charity of the multitudes helping each other is the genuine Gospel of Christ.

And this is not changing the truth but rather it is clarifying the truth to build a better and a stronger faith.

But here is the $1,000 question for you: Since you want to believe these things have nature explanations (rather super-natural), does Jesus have the ability to perform these “miracles”? Is it within His ability to turn water into wine or raise someone from the dead or create the universe? Or do all of these things have natural explanations and are not the result of God’s power and abilities that are far above our own?

It seems that God does NOT have that power, or else there is some other force which limits God's power, because the evidence says not.

As in the great flood then God had to drown the people in order to be rid of them, and Pharaoh had to release the children of Israel before they could exodus, and as in World War II we do not see God striking down Hitler and the Nazis but many of us can see God at the D-Day invasion as God needed the Allied armies to give justice to Hitler.

Even the "big-bang" of the universe shows that God has some peculiar ways of doing things.

So God and Jesus teaches us to live by the dictates of love and charity and justice but NOT to count on miracles that happen like magic.

VoteJP

J.P. Cusick
Mr Short-Bus.

Like your brother, Hussein Obama, you're lying!

I do see our President as my brother and he is my worldly superior.

I surely do not see our President Obama as lying, and I do not lie either.

A person makes a big mistake seeing their own beliefs as the standard by which others are accused of dishonesty.

AGAIN, I'll ask you: What is your standard of truth based on for making these statements? They are based on NOTHING!
Here's what the standard of all truth says: (2 Peter 1 v 16 & 18):
"We did not follow cleverly invented stories when we told you about the power and coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, but we were eye witnesses of His majesty. We ourselves heard this voice that came from heaven when we were with him on the sacred mountain".

I was referring to the Gospels accounts of turning water into wine and feeding the multitudes, and 2 Peter is a separate issue talking about totally different subjects.

It is determined that the Gospel according to Mark were stories taken from the Apostle Peter by his student Mark, but Mark's Gospel was still written after Peter was dead.

John quotes Jesus otherwise: (John 10 v 37):
"Do not believe me unless I do what my Father does. But if I do it, even though you do not believe in me, believe the miracles, that you may know and understand that the Father is in me and I am in the Father".

I do not really say to disbelieve the miracle but rather that the miracle needs to be clarified correctly.

Getting the better provided of the multitudes to help the less fortunate ones was the miracle and not making magical foods.

And saving the marriage feast by providing better wine at the end when they had run out was a type of miracle which was recorded by people that did not know the full truth of the miracle that Jesus brought the wine as a surprise.

Marie

Whoa! I'm not willing to take this to the level of deciding whether JP is saved or not. His theories on God (Yahweh) and Christianity lend us reason to believe he is not a Christian; but I'm not willing to assert the status of his salvation.

But there is no doubt he has put God in a nice little neat box to fit what he needs. I think a lot of people do this, but JPC takes it to the extreme.

I am willing to say that he's not, based both to what he says on here and what he has told me personally. Also there is zero fruit in his life and he disobeys Gods commands. James is both a heretic and a false prophet, something he takes great pride in.

Please pray for him, that someday God will save him!

ItalianScallion

Harley Rider
I do see our President as my brother and he is my worldly superior.
I surely do not see our President Obama as lying, and I do not lie either.
A person makes a big mistake seeing their own beliefs as the standard by which others are accused of dishonesty.
You're both pro muslim and they are the ones who will bring about the end of the world. Thanks to both of you for helping them!
You do lie but you just don't see it.
I agree with your last statement, so, again, what is YOUR standard for judging people's beliefs (for the hundredth time)?
VoteJP said:
I was referring to the Gospels accounts of turning water into wine and feeding the multitudes, and 2 Peter is a separate issue talking about totally different subjects.
A miracle is a miracle. No difference when or where it happened.
VoteJP said:
I do not really say to disbelieve the miracle but rather that the miracle needs to be clarified correctly.
And saving the marriage feast by providing better wine at the end when they had run out was a type of miracle which was recorded by people that did not know the full truth of the miracle that Jesus brought the wine as a surprise.
Again, (GEEZZZ!) what's the standard you use to judge Jesus' work?
And, a surprise? :faint: Who told you that? It surprised the dinner guests, but it proved that Jesus wine was far better than any man's.