Rescued Baby Turtle

M

Mousebaby

Pasofever said:
I dont think it is a slider...its body is too tall..sliders are shorter bodied...give me a good pic I will tell you what it is..

A red earred slider had red ears on the side of the head does he? They are also greenish not brown..let me get some pics..

Ok my bad, they look so much alike, it is a Eastern Painted Turtle. I found this pic of one on a log.

Pasofever

Does my butt look big?
Baby slider

Attachments

• REDEARBABY2.jpg
    REDEARBABY2.jpg
    24.5 KB · Views: 128
  • REDEARBABY4.jpg
    REDEARBABY4.jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 124

Pasofever

Does my butt look big?
Mousebaby said:
Ok my bad, they look so much alike, it is a Eastern Painted Turtle. I found this pic of one on a log.

We need to see better pics of hers..his shell looks taller then that..more rounded..like a land turtle not a water turtle..

Where did you find him...

M

Mousebaby

Pasofever said:
THATS it..bet he is a musk...look at the shape of the shell..more rounded..

Yeah that's what I'm thinkin'. I was confused about the turtles looking so much like sliders though. I always thought they were sliders. :shrug:

I

Inkpen

Mousebaby said:
Its a baby red eared slider! It needs water to live. You need to either release it back into the body of water that is near where your hubby works, or you need to provide it with a good setup. Check the internet to get ideas on what you need. Please hurry in getting what he needs. He needs special diet as he is a worm, fish, basically a meat eater. Hope this helps! :howdy:

Please release it back where you hubby found it.....
It is not a pet...
Want a pet turtle..go buy one at PetCo.....

Thank you.....

M

Mousebaby

Inkpen said:
It is not a pet...

Thank you.....

Um, its not me with the turtle. :shrug:

B

Bronwyn

Pasofever said:
We need to see better pics of hers..his shell looks taller then that..more rounded..like a land turtle not a water turtle..

Where did you find him...

Hubby found him at the METCOM building near gate 3 at PAX

B

Bronwyn

Mousebaby said:
:roflmao: We will find it eventually, this is a musk turtle.

This really looks like the closest picture to me. A co-worker suggested that I take it over to the Marine Museaum (sp).

I

Inkpen

Bronwyn said:
This really looks like the closest picture to me. A co-worker suggested that I take it over to the Marine Museaum (sp).

Marine museum?? They dont have turtles..they do have an aquatic area. but do not rescue turtles.
Put it back where it was found..Please....

PrincessK

Simply Me <3
Keep it as a pet =] Or, you can give it to me. I love turtles :howdy: :howdy:

I had a red eared slider (i think), and his name was Squirt.. He lived in a 10 gallon tank for his beginning of life, than i transfered him into a water trouff outside.. He loved it.. Squirt had an accident & died.. But i did take very good care of him..

SeaPony

I think the most important thing is to find out what kind of turtle he is and decide if you want to put forth the effort and commitment to care for it for a VERY long time.

I keep a rescued Eastern Painted Turtle that I've had for about 8 years now. I love her! She lives in water with dry areas. She only eats under water. Water turtles are dirty, especially mud and musk turtles. If you keep one, you have to have a great filtration system. There's lots of info on the internet. Some of it is actually helpful and true!

I wouln't want to release your baby. There are so many things that eat baby turtles! (Including bigger turtles).

Good luck!

Chain729

CageKicker Extraordinaire
Inkpen said:
It is not a pet...

Thank you.....

I wouldn't buy a herp from PetCo, even as a last resort.

I

Inkpen

SeaPony said:
I think the most important thing is to find out what kind of turtle he is and decide if you want to put forth the effort and commitment to care for it for a VERY long time.

I keep a rescued Eastern Painted Turtle that I've had for about 8 years now. I love her! She lives in water with dry areas. She only eats under water. Water turtles are dirty, especially mud and musk turtles. If you keep one, you have to have a great filtration system. There's lots of info on the internet. Some of it is actually helpful and true!

I wouln't want to release your baby. There are so many things that eat baby turtles! (Including bigger turtles).

Good luck!

OK People....Please understand this fact: It is illegal to keep wild animals as pets. PERIOD.
Unless you have a permit from Department of Natural Resourses, MD to keep it, rehab it, show it, you can not keep it as a pet.

Every wild animal has its own needs and own diet that nature provides a heck of a lot better than you can.

Keeping a wild animal captive, preventing it from being able to live in the wild and to reproduce is cruel.

There are quite a few folks here who will slam me with red...and they will say keep it, raise it.

There are others too who keep what they find because they think they have a right to, or it is cool or that they think they can raise it and make a pet and impress friends.

If you are going to steal, kidnap wildlife..dont advertise the fact, dont post it here, and ask forgiveness after it dies a prisioner of your ego.

Wildlife is wild,....leave it there or get it to a licensed wildlife rehabber.

We are here and are trained to properly care for, rehab with the goal to release all wildife in Maryland.

So quit telling this gal to keep it as a pet, to do this or do that...and Paso...if the turtle had not been taken, nature would have taken its course..
and if being eaten by another animal is that outcome, then the turtle has fullfilled one of its purposes..to be part of the food chain.

Either turn it loose or turn it over to a rehabber before more damage is done to this turtle.

Thank you.....
A licensed Wildlife Rehabber advocating on behalf of all wildlife.