Rescued Baby Turtle

I

Inkpen

Pete said:
There is a cricket in my laundry room. Can you please come and get it?

Wise up...I am in no mood for people like you who dont want to help..but who have nothing better to do than make crass jokes.

Got a cricket? Pick it up and toss it outside..or eat it with butter ..you are an adult..make an adult choice and deal with it.

I

Inkpen

To my karma giver...Native wild turtles (native to Maryland) can not be kept as pets.

What you buy at the store..fine...but not native Maryland turtles.
Dont believe me? Call DNR in Annapolis and ask them ....

Inkpen said:
OK People....Please understand this fact: It is illegal to keep wild animals as pets. PERIOD.
Unless you have a permit from Department of Natural Resourses, MD to keep it, rehab it, show it, you can not keep it as a pet.

Every wild animal has its own needs and own diet that nature provides a heck of a lot better than you can.

Keeping a wild animal captive, preventing it from being able to live in the wild and to reproduce is cruel.

There are quite a few folks here who will slam me with red...and they will say keep it, raise it.

There are others too who keep what they find because they think they have a right to, or it is cool or that they think they can raise it and make a pet and impress friends.

If you are going to steal, kidnap wildlife..dont advertise the fact, dont post it here, and ask forgiveness after it dies a prisioner of your ego.

Wildlife is wild,....leave it there or get it to a licensed wildlife rehabber.

We are here and are trained to properly care for, rehab with the goal to release all wildife in Maryland.

So quit telling this gal to keep it as a pet, to do this or do that...and Paso...if the turtle had not been taken, nature would have taken its course..
and if being eaten by another animal is that outcome, then the turtle has fullfilled one of its purposes..to be part of the food chain.

Either turn it loose or turn it over to a rehabber before more damage is done to this turtle.

Thank you.....
A licensed Wildlife Rehabber advocating on behalf of all wildlife.
OK, this post made me change my mind. Kill it and make a hair dohickey outta the shell.

Chain729

CageKicker Extraordinaire
Inkpen said:
OK People....Please understand this fact: It is illegal to keep wild animals as pets. PERIOD.

That's not entirely true, otherwise the "turtle races" would be illegal. Yes, I have looked it up. You can possess 1 of the following without a permit, though other than that, if it's native to MD, you're right, it is illegal:

Wood Turtle
Spotted Turtle
Eastern Box Turtle

For the full disclosure, including the minimum size requirement here's the link: http://www.dnr.state.md.us/wildlife/captive.asp

I don't care how you feel. Live and let live- tree hugger or otherwise. But if you're going to give information, especially something that can be easily researched, make sure it's right or at least add a simple "IIRC."

*Disclaimer* The above is in reference to turtles only since this is a turtle thread; eventhough Ink posted about ALL animals. The link does provide for information on other herps. I don't know what the law is for other animals, nor am I going to pretend to. I'm sure it should be relatively easy to find.

Last edited:
C

czygvtwkr

Those DNR bastards would not come and get a squirrel out of my house.

PrincessK

Simply Me <3
HaHa!!!

I dont want a camel toe as a pet, i would like a CARAMEL turtle.. Look, they are cute.. Also the pink bellied sliders are cuties too!

M

Mousebaby

Pasofever said:
:smack: Now I am singing the camel toe song..

OMG! Speaking of camel toes! There was an older woman, in her 50's I'd say, at Panera walking around in jersey nit type material capri's yesterday. She had a camel toe from HELL and would not quit walking back and forth next to my table! I thought I was going to :barf: up my wonderfully delicious sandwich! :jameo:

PrincessK

Simply Me <3
Mousebaby said:
OMG! Speaking of camel toes! There was an older woman, in her 50's I'd say, at Panera walking around in jersey nit type material capri's yesterday. She had a camel toe from HELL and would not quit walking back and forth next to my table! I thought I was going to :barf: up my wonderfully delicious sandwich! :jameo:

Wish i could tell you who it was, my mom did not go to Panera yesterday! lol :lmao:

illfindu2

In memory of Tippy
Chain729 said:
That's not entirely true, otherwise the "turtle races" would be illegal. Yes, I have looked it up. You can possess 1 of the following without a permit, though other than that, if it's native to MD, you're right, it is illegal:

Wood Turtle
Spotted Turtle
Eastern Box Turtle

For the full disclosure, including the minimum size requirement here's the link: http://www.dnr.state.md.us/wildlife/captive.asp

I don't care how you feel. Live and let live- tree hugger or otherwise. But if you're going to give information, especially something that can be easily researched, make sure it's right or at least add a simple "IIRC."

*Disclaimer* The above is in reference to turtles only since this is a turtle thread; eventhough Ink posted about ALL animals. The link does provide for information on other herps. I don't know what the law is for other animals, nor am I going to pretend to. I'm sure it should be relatively easy to find.

WOW! You'd think a wildlife rehaber would know that. . . . :whistle:

Inkpen Karma said:
Hubnter, with a groundhog avatar, Why are you so mean to me and make a joke out of a serious post? Why do you hate wildlife so much and make my job so hard? Please be a bit more supportive. Signed: Inkpen
The groundhog in the picture is dead.
I love wildlife.
A good day in the woods is watching lots of wildlife.
A great day in the woods is taking some of the wildlife home with you for dinner.
Some of my best days of hunting I have not shot anything.
I am not mean to you.
I totally respect what you do.
However, your holier than thou attitude annoys the bejeezus outta me.