RockStar Supernova

TWLs wife

LordStanley said:
Boooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
I can believe they picked Luca's over Toby and Dilana..... WTF is that???

That last song they sung with Luca's sucked......

Dilana might have gotten the better deal out ouf that. Gilby is going to help produce a record and she gets to sing with the house band. Sounds better that fronting Supernova.....
I AGREE!!! I'M PISSESD!!!

LordStanley

I know nothing
makes me think that a woman never had a chance. She was better on Stage, a better singer, song writer and just over all performer....

Hell even Storm was better than Lucas

All he is, is looks......

I dont see Supernova lasting long with him fronting them

TWLs wife

LordStanley said:
makes me think that a woman never had a chance. She was better on Stage, a better singer, song writer and just over all performer....

Hell even Storm was better than Lucas

All he is, is looks......

I dont see Supernova lasting long with him fronting them
I was thinking that when they said ( our only boy is the choice). Lucas was the only boy left.

LordStanley

I know nothing
It was tough trying to have a favorite at the end..... Magni, toby and dilana all have what it takes to front that band....

I hope the all have continued success and Luca's falls flat on his face.

K_Jo

Pea Brain
PREMO Member
I only watched a few minutes of the last couple shows, but I think that runner-up chick should have won, and also I wonder how happy Navaro is that he can bang her now?

MJ

Material Girl
PREMO Member
K_Jo said:
I only watched a few minutes of the last couple shows, but I think that runner-up chick should have won, and also I wonder how happy Navaro is that he can bang her now?

I think he's more into the guy with the pink lipstick. :ohwell:

BlackSheep

Thought I saw Tommy slip him the tongue! :barf:
BTW, was it just MY TV or during the show, there was a commercial for the new Survivor season that had Lucas singing interspliced w/the show's preview?? :whistle:
Anywho, Lucas makes me ill-something plain creepy about the dude. :jameo:
What a rip! :moon:
Good luck Dilana! :yay:

Geek

BlackSheep said:
BTW, was it just MY TV or during the show, there was a commercial for the new Survivor season that had Lucas singing interspliced w/the show's preview?? :whistle:

Lucas reminds me of a singer...maybe Stone Temple Pilot :confused: Pearl Jam

oooh Faith No More..He reminds me of that guy.

BlackSheep

Geek said:
Lucas reminds me of a singer...maybe Stone Temple Pilot :confused: Pearl Jam

oooh Faith No More..He reminds me of that guy.
Mike Patton-him I like-Lucas uck!
Has a fake ass sound to his voice-ain't gonna last! :buttkick:

Geek

BlackSheep said:
Mike Patton-him I like-Lucas uck!
Has a fake ass sound to his voice-ain't gonna last! :buttkick:

That's him! I loved their music. I did think the band they had backing the singers was much better than "Supernova"

TWLs wife

BlackSheep said:
Dilana should have won hands down. She didn't win because she doesn't have a D#ck ( sorry for saying it like that). She was robbed. That's bands for you.

Last edited:

LordStanley

I know nothing
BlackSheep said:
What's the deal now-Supernova can't use that name due to being sued by the "real" Supernova? :bigwhoop:

I dont think there is another Band with that name. There is a song with that title and a movie, but no other band.... Dont quote me on that though

Lilypad

LordStanley said:
I dont think there is another Band with that name. There is a song with that title and a movie, but no other band.... Dont quote me on that though
The band from the reality TV show "Rock Star: Supernova" cannot call itself Supernova when it takes its act on the road, a judge has ruled. :tantrum

A Southern California rock band that has called itself Supernova since 1991 and recorded three albums under the name sued CBS, the show's participants and Mark Burnett Productions in June claiming unfair competition and trademark infringement.

United States District Court Judge John A. Houston issued a preliminary injunction Tuesday barring that band from performing, recording or selling music under the Supernova name pending the outcome of the lawsuit.

Attorney John Mizhir, Jr., who represents the original Supernova, characterized the judge's order as "a major victory."

"This is sweet justice," he said in a statement. "The band members have worked hard for the past 17 years to establish the name Supernova and they are entitled to continue to perform without any other parties-large or small- infringing on their rights."

The order will not affect the production, broadcast or promotion of the TV series, said CBS spokesman Phil Gonzales. Gary Hecker, an attorney representing Mark Burnett Productions, told The Associated Press that the order "is not going to affect the band or the tour." HUH?? :shrug:

"The case hasn't been decided on its merits," he said. "Mark Burnett Productions hasn't even begun the evidence collection process that it will be allowed to do." The next hearing on the matter is scheduled for Friday in San Diego.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Burnett productions knew...

...the name was taken; it's a simple and easy part of due diligence. They loved the name, decided to go with it and will argue that the original Supernova was not widely enough known (not seriously using the name) to merit exclusive use. They've planned a number ($), to settle this knowing full well this would happen.