Route 5 South of 4

JLS

I can tell you from experience.. those knock on the doors and them driving me to my mothers house - I was terrified and its the most awful thing in the world.. AWFUL. Prayers to this girls friends & family.. so sad...

I think my 16 year old daughter will be driving my

Land Rover..

NO little car for her.

DEVASTING for her and her family.. and not a phone call, or knock at the door I EVER want to receive. I just can't imagine the pain.

ICit

Jam out with ur clam out
that is the rt. I take home two days a week when Im in our other office... and that would have been right around the time I pass thru that area....

Life is so unpredictable... here one minute gone the next. And may not have even been your fault you are gone.

Prayers to family and friend.... :huggy: so sad

godsbutterfly

Free to Fly
Thoughts & prayers for the 2 drivers who hit her after she was hit from behind. Those people were pulled into the situation. I know I would be horrified and heart-broken if it had been me driving one of those vehicles.

ICit

Jam out with ur clam out
Thoughts & prayers for the 2 drivers who hit her after she was hit from behind. Those people were pulled into the situation. I know I would be horrified and heart-broken if it had been me driving one of those vehicles.

:yeahthat:
thats the main thing I can think of..... I would be a mess!!!

JoeRider

Federalist Live Forever
Maryland Judiciary Case Search

Multiple speeding and driving while suspended cases for Justin A Macrae.

It is interesting that he has a driving with suspended case since his traffics are all less than 10 over expect for the Rt 4 77 in a 55. Looks like he missed his court date court date for 10 over. There might be a repeat of the same charges, so it looks worst than it really is. There was no DWI's. The Second degree assault could indicate a problem and was recorded as stet.

My guess is he was a distracted driver which is reckless but does not meet the condemnation that a DWI person would meet. I am not passing judgment until the final report. Right now, it is just a sad accident.

I pray for everyone involved, especially the family of the girl.

mAlice

professional daydreamer
I am not passing judgment until the final report. Right now, it is just a sad accident.

Short of mechanical failure or a health condition, I can't imagine anything else that would have prevented him from stopping.

JoeRider

Federalist Live Forever
Short of mechanical failure or a health condition, I can't imagine anything else that would have prevented him from stopping.

We have all made mistakes driving and been lucky. You never drove though a yellow light that turn red at the last minute. You never changed lanes and did not see someone in your blind spot. I am amazed that I am not dead yet from all the things I see on the Beltway when I drive to work. I have no clue who this guy is but his driving record does not really show someone who has a reckless pass. He could be the nicest guy in the world and it just in an accident. I know we all want him to be a horrible person that was responsible, but we can't with what information we have. It rips at us all because she was so young. Having lost a close young relative to someones error did not have me blaming that person that made the error. It is an all around sad thing that happened, but that is life at times. It makes you hold on to the ones you love even more.

Wish I had the power to take all the hurt away. I pray for all involved even the driver of the car that hit her's first.

hammishsqueak

We're all mad here.
I know I would be horrified and heart-broken if it had been me driving one of those vehicles.

They are and it's a very sad situation. :frown:

The driver of the white van, Richard, is my coworker's husband. When I spoke with her the other night to check up on her they were both shaken and very upset about the teenager having lost her life. I know it will take them awhile to put this accident out of their minds.

I am too young to have kids of driving age, but I can't imagine the pain her family must be going through. Prayers to everyone involved.....

sexy_mama

We have all made mistakes driving and been lucky. You never drove though a yellow light that turn red at the last minute. You never changed lanes and did not see someone in your blind spot. I am amazed that I am not dead yet from all the things I see on the Beltway when I drive to work. I have no clue who this guy is but his driving record does not really show someone who has a reckless pass. He could be the nicest guy in the world and it just in an accident. I know we all want him to be a horrible person that was responsible, but we can't with what information we have. It rips at us all because she was so young. Having lost a close young relative to someones error did not have me blaming that person that made the error. It is an all around sad thing that happened, but that is life at times. It makes you hold on to the ones you love even more.

Wish I had the power to take all the hurt away. I pray for all involved even the driver of the car that hit her's first.

I feel really bad for all parties involved especially the young girls family. I can't imagine the hurt involved.

I have to agree with the above poster though, without any real information about this guy, I can't make any assumptions. They are called accidents for a reason, we all make mistakes while driving and calling the driver names is really just casting stones.

sexy_mama

Four speeding and two driving while supended tickets within one year says a lot.

Yes, it does. It makes me question things but that doesn't mean that this accident was anything other than an accident unless it is proven otherwise by the authorities.

sb624

Yes, it does. It makes me question things but that doesn't mean that this accident was anything other than an accident unless it is proven otherwise by the authorities.

rear-ending someone, pushing them into the path of another vehicle cannot be called an accident.. an accident is spilling milk, dropping a plate, knocking something over.. not KILLING someone.

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member
rear-ending someone, pushing them into the path of another vehicle cannot be called an accident.. an accident is spilling milk, dropping a plate, knocking something over.. not KILLING someone.
Sorry to inform you, sometimes accidents do end up with someone dead.

JoeRider

Federalist Live Forever
thats fine- but this couldve been avoided. thats what im trying to point out.

It could have? How? Keeping young drivers off the road?

Jury is still out here. May be the case that he was reckless, but so far have not seen anything that is reckless intent. We do not know a thing about this accident. She could have pulled out in front of him or changed lanes. Might not be the case, but only time will tell. Again, prays to the family, friends and all drivers.

JoeRider

Federalist Live Forever
Leonardtown Teen Shelby Wood Killed in Car Accident

Leonardtown Teen Shelby Wood Killed in Car Accident

Updated: Tuesday, 13 Jul 2010, 3:41 PM EDT
Published : Tuesday, 13 Jul 2010, 9:36 AM EDT

LEONARDTOWN, Md. - A 16-year-old Leonardtown, Maryland girl was killed in a car accident Tuesday afternoon.

Shelby Wood was driving her vehicle southbound on Point Lookout Road near St. Andrew's Church Road around 4:00 p.m. when it struck in the rear by another vehicle.

The collision sent Wood's vehicle into the northbound lane of traffic where it was struck a second time.

Wood was transported by ambulance to St. Mary's Hospital where she later died from her injuries.

Speed and alcohol are not believed to be contributing factors at this time.