Ruddy Duck review

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Carlos!

So nice to meet you!

The braised short ribs were awesome and made a Breakfast of Champions!

I will be back. :yay:

Beta84

They're out to get us
Great food again last night. You guys have some great bartenders. The beers are pretty good, I couldn't really decide which one I liked the most on the sampler! :jameo:

Bonehead

Great food again last night. You guys have some great bartenders. The beers are pretty good, I couldn't really decide which one I liked the most on the sampler! :jameo:

Yeah I stopped yesterday afternoon and tried the sampler too.....good stuff !!

carlosruddyduck

New Accoustics

Good to know he is willing to listen about the noise level. Food is pretty good. Good review on your part. Can't wait until they really get the brew part down. For my tastes in beer the more hops, flavor etc. the better. Budweiser be damned ! Sorry had to ! Anyway I wish them the best of luck..

Hi everybody!!!

Just wanted to let you know that we have installed sound buffering panels around the entire restaurant and I think is has improved a lot.
But please come back to check us out and let us know what you think.
All Ruddy!!!
Carlos

pilot

Hi everybody!!!

Just wanted to let you know that we have installed sound buffering panels around the entire restaurant and I think is has improved a lot.
But please come back to check us out and let us know what you think.
All Ruddy!!!
Carlos

Great! I'll look forward to trying it soon.

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
Thanks Carlos...

I've been there twice now and the food is wonderful. :yay:

Last time we were out on the patio so noise wasn't a factor but the impending t'storms were. :jameo: Our server made sure we were covered by umbrellas as the pre-cursor storm hit with a bit of rain. Fortunately we were done before the deluge hit. :lol:

Your calamari appetizer is to die for. :drool:

unixpirate

Pitty Party

Last time we were out on the patio so noise wasn't a factor but the impending t'storms were. :jameo: Our server made sure we were covered by umbrellas as the pre-cursor storm hit with a bit of rain. Fortunately we were done before the deluge hit. :lol:

:shock:!

Dye Tied

Garden Variety Gnome

I enjoyed that immensely. :yay: The only time I am up this late with you guys is from the left coast...:cheers:

squidword

It wasn't crowded in there, but there were a good number of tables, and I didn't think the noise level was bad. Seemed normal to me. But with those high ceilings, I can see where it would be an acoustical nightmare when they're packed.

Anyway, there's a fix in the works to correct that.

your right, the food is great, the beers are very good. the sevice was kind of slow but i think the waiter was new, didn't seem very confident, no problem we all have things to learn. the noise level was a little loud, the bar is right there in with the dining area, the ceilings are high so the noise gets trapped. i wouldn't advise it for a large group of people of a first date for dinner anyway, we were there on a saturday night. highly recommended.

Mama_Mia08

The Memphis ribs were very good as well. They're dry (as Memphis ribs should be) so don't be looking for BBQ sauce. And frankly, the meat doesn't need it. It's always a good sign when a chef will send his ribs out naked and they can stand on their own without sauce. Very tender and just a hint of smoke - not overpowering. I got them with french fries and a surprisingly good cole slaw. I wasn't sure what a "pineapple" slaw would be like, but it was quite tasty: tart but not mayonnaise-y, with a pinch of sweet fruity flavor, and good crisp veggies.

This was a great review. You should review more places so I don't make the mistake of ending up at Burt's Diner again thinking they serve breakfast. Where I'm from diner means open 24 hours and breakfast all day. We had at least 6 good ones just in our county. I miss home.

We went to the Ruddy a couple months ago when our family was visiting from out of town. My husband and dad did order memphis ribs forgetting they are dry. They still liked the flavor and the meat fell off the bone. Since it was a Saturday evening it was busy and noisy but that is to be expected due to the ceilings. We loved the atmosphere though and the staff are all friendly and seem to know what they are doing too. The steak and mashed potatoes were fantastic. My parents, who are huge seafood fans, weren't impressed with the crab dip. Although they did like the crab cakes. I LOVED the homemade chip nachos.