RUDDY DUCK Seafood & Alehouse

Vince

We had a good time, food was so so and not cheap.
They were having problems in the kitchen.
Carlos told us that they had two ovens break down.
We sat on the outside deck.
Service was good, view was nice and the company with me was beautiful.
Give it a try.

I don't like to type, DW out.
You mean DidWhat actually got you out of the house and you even took her to dinner???? It's a miracle. :lol:

migtig

aka Mrs. Giant
Can I get my growler refilled here?

When we went, the giant took his growler, but was told that they had no Ruddy Duck Beers, only the regular off the shelf stuff.

He said - how can it be an alehouse if there is no ale? :sniff:

Food was good, service was good. Food leaned more towards a seafood theme than what is at the Solomons Island location. No pizzas.

There were vegetarian options.

Outside and indoor seating.

Beta

Smile!
The RD north of Solomon's has great beer and ok/bad food. Has this been addressed? I've seen many forum comments to this affect yet no changes were made at the RD to improve the food. I usually go to the bar and order apps and pick up food for dinner on the way home. I found that this is common. If the beer quality were to do down I wouldn't even go. The quote best crab cakes in So MD really threw me. Stoney's and Jerry's Place are the best in my book. Please tell me changes were made so I can start having dinner there!

unless something has changed recently, you have terrible taste. Ruddy's crab cake is much better than Stoney's (never had Jerry's but I've never once heard it in the discussion for the crab CAKE but what do I know). And they have great pizza, among other things. I haven't been there for awhile so I can't remember if they did away with that pasta they had initially, but that was really good too. But I guess their "main" entrees aren't that great, so maybe that's all you've bothered having. I temper my expectations for a microbrewery and just order the stuff that makes sense. Never had anything less than a great meal there.

...and it's a shame that we can't get the Growler refilled at the new place. Oh well.

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
...and it's a shame that we can't get the Growler refilled at the new place. Oh well.

NOT saying you can, but the night that Migtig went, we were there, also. They didn't have their beers at that location YET. They have them now, so, perhaps you can refill your Growlers. Since they brew the beers at the other location, and this is a new location, I am guessing (just guessing!) that maybe there are some particular logistics to transporting and storing the beers.

just sayin'

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Ruddy's crab cake is much better than Stoney's

Went to the Pier, which is owned by Stoney's and uses the same recipes, Friday night and that crabcake was terrible. Seriously terrible. It was fishy tasting and mushy. The rockfish bites were overcooked as well. In fact, the last few times I've eaten at Stoney's or the Pier the food was mediocre.

So Ruddy Duck, PLEASE do not change to be like them.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
NOT saying you can, but the night that Migtig went, we were there, also. They didn't have their beers at that location YET. They have them now, so, perhaps you can refill your Growlers. Since they brew the beers at the other location, and this is a new location, I am guessing (just guessing!) that maybe there are some particular logistics to transporting and storing the beers.

just sayin'

They had four of their own beers on tap last Friday night. I had the IPA.

Some folks I know went as a small group Saturday and had to bail; there were apparently major delays in service of any kind.

Tough way to start out a new operation, with the place slammed to capacity right off the bat.

JeJeTe

Happiness
Went to the Pier, which is owned by Stoney's and uses the same recipes, Friday night and that crabcake was terrible. Seriously terrible. It was fishy tasting and mushy. The rockfish bites were overcooked as well. In fact, the last few times I've eaten at Stoney's or the Pier the food was mediocre.

I had rockfish bites at Spinnakers this weekend and they were fantastic.

ftcret

Tough way to start out a new operation, with the place slammed to capacity right off the bat.

Surely you recall that is the nature of the business. Been involved in a few openings, ALWAYS plan on big(even if it is "soft") you can always send employees home if it is a wash but you can't magic them out of nowhere.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron

It is tough because the idea was that they'd open soft, refine things, then be ready for crowds. On one hand it's great that people are enthusiastic, but bad that they had to hit the ground running like that.

Vince

I forgot to ask and this is important. Does the new Duck have the onion rings that the other Duck has???? :yum:

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
I forgot to ask and this is important. Does the new Duck have the onion rings that the other Duck has???? :yum:

No. :bawl:

I loved the Calamari steak fries, but not as much as I love their onion rings.:yum: Then again, they are 2 entirely different food groups. :biggrin:

Just another reason this isn't a "chain" restaurant. Very different menus. :yay:

Vince

No. :bawl:

I loved the Calamari steak fries, but not as much as I love their onion rings.:yum: Then again, they are 2 entirely different food groups. :biggrin:

Just another reason this isn't a "chain" restaurant. Very different menus. :yay:
No, whadaya mean No. That's a staple. It should be at the new Duck. Got to talk to Carlos about this. This is serious.

Chris0nllyn

Guess I'll have to give RD another shot....

Last time I went was when they had just opened in Solomon's.

We went with 2 other couples. I ended up being charged for every couple....

The food was ok, but the beer was great. I haven't been back since.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
The food was ok, but the beer was great. I haven't been back since.

It's possible you just don't like the food at RD. That's okay and not their fault - it's an incompatibility. People rave about Monterey and that putrid white mayonnaise #### they put on your table, and I find the whole place revolting.

Tomato, tomato...

(Doesn't come across when written, does it?)

It's like all those dipchits jumping down my grill because they love their chain restaurant microwave from a bag dreck and I don't care for it: people are allowed to have their own tastes.

Chris0nllyn

It's possible you just don't like the food at RD. That's okay and not their fault - it's an incompatibility. People rave about Monterey and that putrid white mayonnaise #### they put on your table, and I find the whole place revolting.

Tomato, tomato...

(Doesn't come across when written, does it?)

It's like all those dipchits jumping down my grill because they love their chain restaurant microwave from a bag dreck and I don't care for it: people are allowed to have their own tastes.

Those onion rings must be amazing!

:lol:

Seriously though, I'm sure they were working out kinks having just opened and all...There are times where I'd much rather pay a bit more to sit down a to great meal with great service than deal with idiotic staff and bad food. Then, there are times where I just don't feel like cooking.