RUDDY DUCK Seafood & Alehouse

carlosruddyduck

When we went, the giant took his growler, but was told that they had no Ruddy Duck Beers, only the regular off the shelf stuff.

He said - how can it be an alehouse if there is no ale? :sniff:

Food was good, service was good. Food leaned more towards a seafood theme than what is at the Solomons Island location. No pizzas.

There were vegetarian options.

Outside and indoor seating.

Thank you for your comments.
We had 5 days when we couldn't sell our beers, we forgot to fill some paperwork with the comptroller...
Now we have 6 of our beers on tap. IPA, Cream Ale, Honey Brown, Apricot wheat, Robust Porter and strawberry Blonde.
We will see how the business goes in the next 2 months. If good we will add a Pizza oven in the bar area!!!
See you soon!

carlosruddyduck

went to the pier, which is owned by stoney's and uses the same recipes, friday night and that crabcake was terrible. Seriously terrible. It was fishy tasting and mushy. The rockfish bites were overcooked as well. In fact, the last few times i've eaten at stoney's or the pier the food was mediocre.

So ruddy duck, please do not change to be like them.

never will!!!!

carlosruddyduck

Surely you recall that is the nature of the business. Been involved in a few openings, ALWAYS plan on big(even if it is "soft") you can always send employees home if it is a wash but you can't magic them out of nowhere.

I AGREE!!!
But it has difficult to find good help...

carlosruddyduck

People's Republic of St. Mary's County more to the point. The George Guy law, no microbreweries are allowed in St. Mary's.

Just a couple of months ago they change that law. Now St Mary's can have a Brewery!!!

BUT it can't be a Ruddy Duck since in MD you can only have ONE brewery per owner....
We are actually working to change that law too!

Beta

Smile!
Thank you for your comments.
We had 5 days when we couldn't sell our beers, we forgot to fill some paperwork with the comptroller...
Now we have 6 of our beers on tap. IPA, Cream Ale, Honey Brown, Apricot wheat, Robust Porter and strawberry Blonde.
We will see how the business goes in the next 2 months. If good we will add a Pizza oven in the bar area!!!
See you soon!

Your pizza & beer are why I love Ruddy #1. The rest is just noise. So adding that to the new place sounds like a great idea to me. :getdown:

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
My friend and I were talking about that too. Piney point is quite a ways off the beaten path and employees have to drive a ways to get there. :buddies:

A couple of my 16-yo son's friends are working there...but there are just not that many kids and young adults in the immediate area like there were back in the "Evan's Seafood" days.

ftcret

Chesapeake Culinary Institute
Rte. 249
Piney Point, MD 20674, US
(301) 994-0010 ext. 5234 Fax: (301) 994-2180

glhs837

Power with Control
Let me say, Carlos, your membership here and willingness to take constructive criticism means a lot to folks. Now I just need to find time to roll on up for some growler refills:buddies:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Let me say, Carlos, your membership here and willingness to take constructive criticism means a lot to folks. Now I just need to find time to roll on up for some growler refills:buddies:

This is why I love RD so very very much and roll my eyes at the malcontents who insist they had a TURRIBLE! meal that nobody gave a damn about, and the owner or waitperson was even rude when handling the complaint. Anyone who's been there knows that's horse####. The food is great and the staff is excellent.

bcp

In My Opinion
This is why I love RD so very very much and roll my eyes at the malcontents who insist they had a TURRIBLE! meal that nobody gave a damn about, and the owner or waitperson was even rude when handling the complaint. Anyone who's been there knows that's horse####. The food is great and the staff is excellent.

I can honestly say that I have never been disappointed with anything at the Ruddy Duck. That includes the food, and the employees.
Class act all the way.
could use one up this way in Edgewater/Davidsonville
Hint, there are a few new empty places that could be occupied.