RUDDY DUCK Seafood & Alehouse

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
I forgot to ask and this is important. Does the new Duck have the onion rings that the other Duck has???? :yum:

I was there at the "other Duck" on the 11th and they had no onion rings. A friend went there the next night and they were still out of them. Our waitress said there was a problem with the batter sticking to the onion rings so they wouldn't sell them. :shrug:

Going to check out the new Ruddy this weekend! :cheers:

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
Going to check out the new Ruddy this weekend! :cheers:

Well, it won't be tonight as planned. From their FB page:

Dear Friends,
Our hot water heater at the Ruddy Duck Seafood and alehouse, in St George Island, is broken (needs a new motherboard).
Unfortunately it won't be fixed until tomorrow, Saturday.
For that reason we are sorry to announce that the dining room, at the St George Island location, will be closed tonight Friday the 23rd.
We are very sorry for the inconvenience....

:ohwell:

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Bummer. Four of us ate there last night and everything was good to excellent..first time we sat in the dining room area too. The crowd size was perfect..for a change.

On the matter of their brews: It was confirmed to me last night that they will not be (cannot by law..apparently) selling their refillable growlers at the island location. The Duck beers on tap for bar/restaurant consumption only.

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
Bummer. Four of us ate there last night and everything was good to excellent..first time we sat in the dining room area too. The crowd size was perfect..for a change.

On the matter of their brews: It was confirmed to me last night that they will not be (cannot by law..apparently) selling their refillable growlers at the island location. The Duck beers on tap for bar/restaurant consumption only.

Ahh, The People's republic of Maryland strikes again...

migtig

aka Mrs. Giant

Thanks for the info. If the giant took his growler up there again and didn't get it filled it would have been a disaster.

Hank

my war

lame

Bonehead

My experience was different.

I have to say the view was the best part of the dinner my wife and I had there tonight. The food was long john silvers quality seafood....taken from a plastic bag and thrown in some oil. If you are going to open a seafood place there are many sources for fresh seafood.

The coleslaw had absolutely no taste whatsoever. How difficult is coleslaw ?

The service was good but there were like three diners in the place so not a true test.

What a letdown, the facility is great the view is great.

The IPA beer was as good as it gets.

I certainly can't recommend the place for it's food. They could learn from Jerry's Place in Prince Fredrick for sure.

I won't be back anytime soon....

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
I have to say the view was the best part of the dinner my wife and I had there tonight. The food was long john silvers quality seafood....taken from a plastic bag and thrown in some oil. If you are going to open a seafood place there are many sources for fresh seafood.

The service was good but there were like three diners in the place so not a true test.

I certainly can't recommend the place for it's food. They could learn from Jerry's Place in Prince Fredrick for sure.

Girl and I and a friend were there this evening, it was good and we decided to go back again. Only bad thing was we weren't notified of this evenings specials.

Baja28

Obama destroyed America
Went Sunday afternoon around 5:00. Not crowded at all but took longer than should have to be seated. When led into the dining area it was almost empty so that's why we were surprised by the wait.

Our waitress Stephanie was good but didn't check back as often as she should.

They were out of crab dip appetizer so we tried the sesame crusted tuna sushi. Pretty good.

She had the scallops and I had the chicken chesapeake. Both came out promptly and were very good. The squash and zuchinni were so/so.

Ordered a piece of toasted almond cheesecake and coffee. Coffee came but the cheesecake must have been on a boat coming across the Potomac from Virginia.

After several minutes of trying to flag down Stephanie, she finally came over and said: "I sure hope you've finished the cheesecake?" I replied, "Cheesecake? We haven't seen any cheesecake." She apologized and said she'd take it off the bill. She went to the kitchen and brought more coffee and the elusive cheesecake.

The place filled up while we were there and I believe the hostess over seated the place for the amount of servers working hence why Stephanie was slow.

Overall it was good though a tad pricey. I'll stop in if I'm down that way again.

carlosruddyduck

Sorry to hear that...
But it will only get better. We are starting with local seafood specials right away. Also live music Thursdays and Fridays if you are interested in it.
Thanks for taking your time to make make your comments.