Sales Tax Increase

hurricane

It's 5 O'clock somewhere!
Nope. Actually, I just bought something a little while ago...no tax. You are supposed to pay the tax by filling out forms and giving money to the state, but I've never heard of anyone actually doing that.

...and some states are pretty stringent about us sales tax scofflaws, particularly
in regards to cigarettes and alcohol that seems beyond "personal consumption".

Tennessee Cigarette Police State » Outside The Beltway | OTB

-T

ItalianScallion

Harley Rider
Thank You Mr. O'Malley
I regularly email my Congressmen & Senators to express my disgust with them. (Yes, even the Republicans AND the President). I told them that I will express my satisfaction with them too "if it ever happens"! Here is part of the response I got from O'Milarky:
"We've eliminated hundreds of government jobs,
cut $550 million in spending,
96% of taxpayers will see a tax cut. 46% will pay the same or less" (It was in the same sentence???) Oh well.
He continued, "No one wants to pay more in taxes but the size of the problem we face required a comprehensive solution consisting of budget cuts, tax reform and letting the people decide if slots will be legal in Maryland".
Sorry folks but a $550 million cut in government spending is still pocket change to this group. Notice how they go right for the tax increase after a SMALL spending cut and the elimination of many working peoples jobs. I just want to thank all those who voted for the tax man to reach deeper into our pockets. Hessian, you're right about taxing only those who voted for him!

AndyMarquisLIVE

I regularly email my Congressmen & Senators to express my disgust with them. (Yes, even the Republicans AND the President). I told them that I will express my satisfaction with them too "if it ever happens"! Here is part of the response I got from O'Milarky:
"We've eliminated hundreds of government jobs,
cut $550 million in spending,
96% of taxpayers will see a tax cut. 46% will pay the same or less" (It was in the same sentence???) Oh well.
He continued, "No one wants to pay more in taxes but the size of the problem we face required a comprehensive solution consisting of budget cuts, tax reform and letting the people decide if slots will be legal in Maryland".
Sorry folks but a $550 million cut in government spending is still pocket change to this group. Notice how they go right for the tax increase after a SMALL spending cut and the elimination of many working peoples jobs. I just want to thank all those who voted for the tax man to reach deeper into our pockets. Hessian, you're right about taxing only those who voted for him!
There is a small problem here. Government is being reduced. It's called the 2007 Charles County Government hiring freeze.

cwo_ghwebb

No Use for Donk Twits
Oh, I wasn't kirking out at you.

I was :burning: over the tax increase.

MOM's raising taxes to help Baltimore, while the rest of the state is left to rot! :mad:

Totally agree!

I've stayed off the boards lately 'cause I want to have a fun-filled, joyous Christmas with my family. The crap our politicians throw at us just makes me wanna barf.

Well, they were voted into power by the entitlement class and by Gawd, they're getting their entitlements (at our expense!).

I like how all the politicians promise to cut pork spending... "we need to trim the fat and cut out pet programs" :blahblah:

We hear the same crap but yet the bozo's get elected and are NEVER held accountable for flat-out lies.

Even though I disagree with O'Malley - he did say he was going to raise taxes! He had the balls to say it, and got elected on it! Thank the morons in around Baltimore/Annapolis!

ylexot

Super Genius
I think 'legally speaking', you only pay sales tax online if you're buying said product from within Maryland.

I'm absolutely positive that you are wrong. I even posted the link to the MD Comptroller page that says that. I also says that if you buy something out-of-state (i.e. drive to VA and buy something) and use it in MD, you have to pay MD taxes on it.

BuddyLee

Football addict
I'm absolutely positive that you are wrong. I even posted the link to the MD Comptroller page that says that. I also says that if you buy something out-of-state (i.e. drive to VA and buy something) and use it in MD, you have to pay MD taxes on it.
I guess I've broken the law on many occasions.:shrug:

itsbob

I bowl overhand
I guess I've broken the law on many occasions.:shrug:

Have to wonder what the punishment is, or what the MAXIMUM punishment is.. Figure if someone wants to get you, this is something they can probably get 80% of the population on with VERY little investigation. Have to love those kind of laws..

Figure there has to be at LEAST 20% of the population that are law abiding and upstanding like me.. and read the ENTIRE law book daily to ensure I'm not breaking a law today, that wasn't there yesterday

Tomahawk202

It'll make ya feel good..
I don't want you guys to take this the wrong way, but I hate Maryland. I hate the state and just about everyone in it. This is one of the only states, in the entire union, that has a decision making process that goes a little something like this:
Lets take whatever is better for our citizens, and do completely the opposite. Yay!

Like the tax increase.

The complete state wide smoking ban on Feb 1. ( you don't like the bar that allows the patrons to smoke? Than Fuc&ing leave. Last I checked, the door was open and it's a free country.

The laws are a joke, and the way the government is run here, it's a miracle that anything gets done at all. I remember when I moved here, the MVA wanted me to pay sales tax on my vehicle in order to get MD tags for it. I ALREADY PAID 6% SALES TAX ON THE DAMN THING WHEN I BOUGHT IT, NOW I HAVE TO PAY THE SALES TAX ON IT AGAIN, ACCORDING TO THE BLUE BOOK VALUE? KI$$ MY A$$ !!! I have been and will continue to drive it with out of state tags, and I'll take the tickets, cause it's STILL cheaper than paying sales tax on it!!!

This is stupid. This state is stupid, and I am moving out of here first chance I get. ..... good luck folks. You retards won't be happy until you are running around here like the post apocalyptic Mel Gibson era, wearing road warrior football apparel, ready to kill for a gallon of gasoline and drinking water..... :bigwhoop:

T

toppick08

I don't want you guys to take this the wrong way, but I hate Maryland. I hate the state and just about everyone in it. This is one of the only states, in the entire union, that has a decision making process that goes a little something like this:
Lets take whatever is better for our citizens, and do completely the opposite. Yay!

Like the tax increase.

The complete state wide smoking ban on Feb 1. ( you don't like the bar that allows the patrons to smoke? Than Fuc&ing leave. Last I checked, the door was open and it's a free country.

The laws are a joke, and the way the government is run here, it's a miracle that anything gets done at all. I remember when I moved here, the MVA wanted me to pay sales tax on my vehicle in order to get MD tags for it. I ALREADY PAID 6% SALES TAX ON THE DAMN THING WHEN I BOUGHT IT, NOW I HAVE TO PAY THE SALES TAX ON IT AGAIN, ACCORDING TO THE BLUE BOOK VALUE? KI$$ MY A$$ !!! I have been and will continue to drive it with out of state tags, and I'll take the tickets, cause it's STILL cheaper than paying sales tax on it!!!

This is stupid. This state is stupid, and I am moving out of here first chance I get. ..... good luck folks. You retards won't be happy until you are running around here like the post apocalyptic Mel Gibson era, wearing road warrior football apparel, ready to kill for a gallon of gasoline and drinking water..... :bigwhoop:

You ain't gone yet............:popcorn:

T

toppick08

Like the tax increase.

95 North is calling your name....................hater...........:smack:

awpitt

Main Streeter

Like the tax increase.

MD can must be dong something right; otherwise, you'd be somewhere else. So, why are you still here?

Tomahawk202

It'll make ya feel good..
95 North is calling your name....................hater...........:smack:

Spoken like a true Marylander... truth hurts huh?

I'm outta here...you can have it.

Worst part is, although I only smoke the occasional cigar, I am in better health and better shape, than half of the non-smokers in the state. Hey, take those years you think your saving from avoiding my cigar smoke, and gorge yourself with some more McDonalds and MSG you hypocrites!!!! :killingme:evil: