Sales Tax Increase

frogman123

so did the income tax in MD go up? my check is 63$ short and my HRO says its due to a MD tax increase.... i googled it and didnt find anything

cashncarry

Your income tax rates are shown on your store receipts? :confused:
That's a Sales Tax not an Income Tax. Two different beasts!! Sales tax are taxes placed by the State of MD on purchased goods or taxable services. It used to be 5 cents on a dollar but MD. increased it to 6 cents on a dollar effective January 08. Income tax is just that, taxes placed by the state on the amount one earns.

ylexot

Super Genius
That's a Sales Tax not an Income Tax. Two different beasts!! Sales tax are taxes placed by the State of MD on purchased goods or taxable services. It used to be 5 cents on a dollar but MD. increased it to 6 cents on a dollar effective January 08. Income tax is just that, taxes placed by the state on the amount one earns.

:whoosh:

willie

Three whooooooooshes in the same week and you're OUT!

flyingdog

so did the income tax in MD go up? my check is 63$ short and my HRO says its due to a MD tax increase.... i googled it and didnt find anything

If it did change I would suspect it would have changed on Jan 1. Have they not been taking out the correct amount since then and finally adjusted? You may want to look into that as it would mean you not having enough taken out when you file your state taxes for 08.