scarriest movie you ever saw

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Pete said:
Nicole Kidman's break out role :yay:

I found it intense, but not scary enough to leave the room. But that is just me.

The other day I was flipping movie channels to watch a movie and the previous one had not yet ended. Land of the Dead or something like that. As soon as I saw the legions of zombies coming out of the water, I couldn't change the channel fast enough. :lmao:

bresamil

wandering aimlessly
RoseRed said:
I found it intense, but not scary enough to leave the room. But that is just me.

The other day I was flipping movie channels to watch a movie and the previous one had not yet ended. Land of the Dead or something like that. As soon as I saw the legions of zombies coming out of the water, I couldn't change the channel fast enough. :lmao:
Boy1 is fascinated with zombie flicks. I think they're gross but I've become inured to them.

As to Dead Calm, the only residual I have is I can't handle Billy Zane. I cringe whenever I see him.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
bresamil said:
Boy1 is fascinated with zombie flicks. I think they're gross but I've become inured to them.

As to Dead Calm, the only residual I have is I can't handle Billy Zane. I cringe whenever I see him.

I haven't found a scary movie that leaves me sleepless, other than zombies. :lmao:

bresamil

wandering aimlessly
RoseRed said:
I haven't found a scary movie that leaves me sleepless, other than zombies. :lmao:
I've never lost sleep over a movie, except as a child. I didn't mind the old slow zombies, but these new Olympic athlete zombies ...:jameo: Makes you want to keep a loaded gun, plenty of ammo, and practice your head shots.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
bresamil said:
I've never lost sleep over a movie, except as a child. I didn't mind the old slow zombies, but these new Olympic athlete zombies ...:jameo: Makes you want to keep a loaded gun, plenty of ammo, and practice your head shots.

I slept with a knife. Like that would do me a lot of good. :roflmao:

bresamil

wandering aimlessly
RoseRed said:
I slept with a knife. Like that would do me a lot of good. :roflmao:
Shoot them in the head!!!

To get over your zombie phobia, get Shaun of the Dead, a British parody of zombie movies. A riot!

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
bresamil said:
Shoot them in the head!!!

To get over your zombie phobia, get Shaun of the Dead, a British parody of zombie movies. A riot!

I think I'll pass. They have given me nightmares since I was a child. :lol:

BuddyLee

Football addict
Don't know about scary but the most gory film I've seen was Cannibal Holocaust. It's banned in a plethora of countries, very sick and twisted.

MysticalMom

Witchy Woman
The other day I said scary movies didnt really scare me. Well.... that was before I saw The Messengers tonight. That shiat creeped me right out.

I may never sleep again. :twitch:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
baileydog said:
Karen Black, Trilogy of Terror was great. Scared the crap out of me.
OMG!! The one with the voodoo doll!!! :faint: I was 11 years old and that part scared the crap out of me. EVERY noise was that terrible doll coming to get me.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Although, I must admit that right now I'm scared by the movie I'm making in my head about Tater being taken over by his mutant potatoes. Like a pod person or something.

hvp05

Methodically disorganized
I have not scanned this whole thread, so I don't know what others have put in thus far...

My favorite classic was/is the first "Friday the 13th". I admit that when I first heard the ominous whisper of "ch-ch ah-ah" I was spooked. And I jumped when he flew out of the water at the end.

Other favorites are "Mary Shelley's Frankenstein" because of its grittiness. Branagh did not try to make the film "super scary" - like the other incarnations; he retained the humanness that Shelley wanted and that is scarier than anything for me. Also, "Sleepy Hollow" is up there, but not so much for its fright factor as for its visuals. Beautiful film, wicked good villain.

I heard one guy say "The Descent" was the "scariest movie" he had ever seen. I liked it... mostly for the hot chicks. :lol:

I'm pretty skeptical with most films because I usually end up laughing. My dad and I used to sit up late when I was young and he desensitized me to most blood and guts. Now, sitting and watching an eye surgery on Discovery Health... :shiver:

virgovictoria

Tight Pants and Lipstick
PREMO Member
The only movie that I've seen that has made me run and hide was a Richard Simmons work-out tape! :bawl: <~My eyes still burn at the memory :sniff:

Dondi

Dondi
By far, "The Exorcist". My friend and I went to see it in the early 80's when it was re-released in the theaters. I couldn't get to sleep after watching it. I kept thinking that if I peeked, I see a demonic Linda Blair grinning in my bedroom window.

I'm not scared of zombies, I'm not scared of Jasons, or Freddies, or Michael Myers (no, not Austin Powers). But the reason it scares me so is that there is an element of realism due to reports of actual demonic possessions. It just gets too close to my Christian roots, I guess.

But the other movie that scared the wits out of me was "Carrie" with Sissy Spacek, right at the end when the hand came up out of the grave.