Second DWI

somdprincess

The one and only Princess
Vallario. :yay:Dads a representative and plays golf with the judges. Everyone I know that uses them has gotten off VERY easy. I used them and did one weekend for coke, pot, paraphinalia for both, and a dui. Before I get slammed, this was about 8 years ago and I've cleaned up my act since then. :yay:

:huggy: good to hear you got your life back on track

Callie girl

To my red karma person, I never said I was perfect and yes the guy admitted he made a mistake but it's not his first one if it was I might give him a break but it is his second one. So obviously he didn't learn. You have your opinion and this is mine. If people keep getting off than they keep doing it. I got hit by a drunk driver years ago and it was his
7th one and still had a license and not the 1st time he had hit someone. By the way what if he hits someone like your kids or loved ones, would you be saying the same?

bubble_gum_yum

Does anyone know what judges in calvert county do for a second DWI?

Coming from someone who has been unfortunate enough to lose a loved one to a drunk driver ...... I hope they take your license away for a long time. :shrug: If you knew what that kind of senseless loss felt like you would never have gotten behind the wheel in the first place.

I wish you luck in recovering but I dont want you driving again until you have learned the difference between right and wrong!

godsbutterfly

Free to Fly
Vallario. :yay:Dads a representative and plays golf with the judges. Everyone I know that uses them has gotten off VERY easy. I used them and did one weekend for coke, pot, paraphinalia for both, and a dui. Before I get slammed, this was about 8 years ago and I've cleaned up my act since then. :yay:

Congratulations! Attitude really does make a big difference. My Dad was a very big alcoholic to the point of violence when I was a young girl. The Navy got tired of him missing work so they finally said either do detox or next time we can prove you missed because of booze you're outta here. He did detox and died in 1998 at age 70 without ever picking up another drink. He also became a wonderful father that I miss so very much. I admire anyone who changes their life around. Again, Congratulations.

camily

Peace
Congratulations! Attitude really does make a big difference. My Dad was a very big alcoholic to the point of violence when I was a young girl. The Navy got tired of him missing work so they finally said either do detox or next time we can prove you missed because of booze you're outta here. He did detox and died in 1998 at age 70 without ever picking up another drink. He also became a wonderful father that I miss so very much. I admire anyone who changes their life around. Again, Congratulations.
Thanks! I look at my kids now (12. 10, 3) and can't believe how much of an idiot I was. Hopefully they older two were too young to remember everything they probably saw.

somdprincess

Coming from someone who has been unfortunate enough to lose a loved one to a drunk driver ...... I hope they take your license away for a long time. :shrug: If you knew what that kind of senseless loss felt like you would never have gotten behind the wheel in the first place.

I wish you luck in recovering but I dont want you driving again until you have learned the difference between right and wrong!

I am sorry for your loss.

vegmom

Bookseller Lady
Thanks! I look at my kids now (12. 10, 3) and can't believe how much of an idiot I was. Hopefully they older two were too young to remember everything they probably saw.

Could you smack some sense in to a cousin of mine?

vegmom

Bookseller Lady
Something they have to figure out for themselves. But I could smack them just for fun!

Trust me, I'd love to do that myself. She put a deadbeat man and alcohol before her kids (he's not their father) and then swears her family never did anything for her. Her oldest actually said she hates her mom because of how she acts.

godsbutterfly

Free to Fly
Trust me, I'd love to do that myself. She put a deadbeat man and alcohol before her kids (he's not their father) and then swears her family never did anything for her. Her oldest actually said she hates her mom because of how she acts.

I know of somebody who did that. Then she turned to drugs with her deadbeat, lost custody of her 4 kids and is now in a women's prison at the age 0f 35 because the Judge got tired of giving her chances in Drug Courts. I pray that your cousin will wake up before her oldest really does hate her. Right now hopefully it is just the hurt talking. My kids said that when their Dad left to "take a walk on the wild side" but it was more from the rejection than anything else.

SouthernMdRocks

R.I.P. Bobo, We miss you!
My advice????? QUIT DRINKING AND DRIVING!

However, you should probably get a GOOD Lawyer (Larry Cumberland is the best in cases like this) then, immediately check and see about getting yourself into a rehab program! You'll be lucky if you can keep your license....they'll probably fine the hell out of you, put a blower in your car and only let you drive to work and home!

Calvert Judges don't play around anymore with DWI's or DUI's. I have never had one myself, however, friends of mine have had them. They are serious about putting away people who drink and drive!

:yeahthat:

SouthernMdRocks

R.I.P. Bobo, We miss you!
Telling him to get sober is great...but he's a repeat offender. You think he's actually going to listen? Apparently he doesn't care about the possibility of hurting others. :shrug: Oh well.

Someone close to me got a DWI almost two years ago. They got off soooo easy. I think they were even drinking while going to the program his lawyer sent him to. I even called and reported him to them that he was still using. They never checked him, they just accepted the, no I'm not drinking like as if he would tell the truth. Crap, I wish there was something someone could do to stop it.

somdprincess

Someone close to me got a DWI almost two years ago. They got off soooo easy. I think they were even drinking while going to the program his lawyer sent him to. I even called and reported him to them that he was still using. They never checked him, they just accepted the, no I'm not drinking like as if he would tell the truth. Crap, I wish there was something someone could do to stop it.

I guess it depends on the judge and the lawyer. I have a co worker on his first DUI, was involved with in an accident and he was let go with a slap on the wrist. Calvert county

godsbutterfly

Free to Fly

But there isn't and until somebody wants to change their behavoir it won't happen. I have watched people lose their half a million dollar a year business, their marriage, their kids, their self-respect, the respect of others, their health - and still it wasn't enough to get them to stop the alcohol or the drugs or the combination of the two. I know of a little boy who would have been 6 this upcoming January who isn't here because he died in an car accident that had an alcohol/crack cocaine story behind it. Did that stop his mother, father and grandfather? Believe it or not - no.

Magnum

Should be Huntin
Coming up I always swore I would never drink and drive, I lost a very close friend to a drunk driver. As time passed on I started forgetting or not caring. I started saying well I'll just have one. It was off and on for a while. Over the summer though I had my eyes opened again. A bunch of us were supposed to camp out in front of a bar. Started drinking at 11am left at 2:30 to find that everyone bailed on me. I packed up camp and drove 3 miles to get home. After that night I have not done it again. It's not worth it. This weekend a binch of us were drinking and wanted to leave to hit the bar. I threw my keys to someone else told them I wasn't driving. :yay: It's rare I drink maybe once a month or two months. Most of my cousins drink about 20 every night glad I am not hooked liked that.