bcp

In My Opinion
My guess would be any combination of the below:

-license suspension
-fine
-lots of community service hours
-AA
-weekend jail

I'm leaning towards a suspended license, AA classes and some jailtime.
Im thinking.
loss of license for 6 months
1000 dollar fine
90 days

it will be brought down to
500 dollar fine
5 weekends in the detention center
mandatory AA classes, something like 3 a week signed off
Probation (with probation officer) for at least a year.

violation of the probation monitoring or AA requirement would reinstate the other 500 and the remaining time in jail.

Go G-Men

Does anyone know what judges in calvert county do for a second DWI?

After reading the replies thus far I would say this

BIG mistake coming into the forums here and asking a question like that.

There are many holier than thou folks on here and you seem to gotten response from them all.

While some may be truly honest and never ever drink & drive (mainly because they don't drink or they don't drive) Most honest folk, do on occasion have a couple and head home..

Just throwing some honesty out there..

meangirl

Nice lady!

There are many holier than thou folks on here and you seem to gotten response from them all.

While some may be truly honest and never ever drink & drive (mainly because they don't drink or they don't drive) Most honest folk, do on occasion have a couple and head home..

I think you are right. Obviously, no one should drink and drive. I'm sure quite a few here have though. It was "ok" for them at the time though...they weren't that drunk.

I agree with the other poster also though, drink at home and stay there!!

somdprincess

The one and only Princess
I think you are right. Obviously, no one should drink and drive. I'm sure quite a few here have though. It was "ok" for them at the time though...they weren't that drunk.

I agree with the other poster also though, drink at home and stay there!!

Or if you want to go out have a safe driver or find an alternate to you driving.

smcop

I would almost agree with you dude. The reality is though the guy/girl probably has gotten a break from a cop, then got the first dui, then within five years got another. I think he/she pushed her/his luck and should suck it up. Your right there are a lot of people here who live in glass houses, but you come on here looking for help with an issue, (not a problem) and its an issue you brought on yourself, you kinda deserve whatcha get.

Go G-Men

I would almost agree with you dude. The reality is though the guy/girl probably has gotten a break from a cop, then got the first dui, then within five years got another. I think he/she pushed her/his luck and should suck it up. Your right there are a lot of people here who live in glass houses, but you come on here looking for help with an issue, (not a problem) and its an issue you brought on yourself, you kinda deserve whatcha get.

Agree totally!!!

somdprincess

The one and only Princess
Oh , you have always done that? Without a cell phone glued to your ear?

First of all I do not own a cell phone and second even if I were to buy one I would not drive and talk on the cell phone. It is illgeal to do so on the base for a reason and studies have shown that driving while talking on the cell phone is almost just as if not as much dangerous as drnking and driving.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
First of all I do not own a cell phone and second even if I were to buy one I would not drive and talk on the cell phone. It is illgeal to do so on the base for a reason and studies have shown that driving while talking on the cell phone is almost just as if not as much dangerous as drnking and driving.

I wish some of the base police would follow that rule.

Tigerlily

Luvin Life !!!
Someone I know told me several years ago after I believe their third DWI, DUI thing. For every time that you get cought drinking and driving that they were a thousand times you didn't. I was floored by that but in alot of respects that may be true for some.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
I am not sure about PAX but the base I work on they do. Ok well as far as I or my co workers have seen. Dahlgren is a great base. I love it.

I have seen them on the phone at PAX, even after the big lighted "reminder" road signs were put up.

BuffaloBill

Someone I know told me several years ago after I believe their third DWI, DUI thing. For every time that you get cought drinking and driving that they were a thousand times you didn't. I was floored by that but in alot of respects that may be true for some.

Your AV is so much cuter than your words, so I'm sure you never drove after a few.

Cowgirl

There is a lot more dynamics to this type of problem. It makes a very simple decision seem very difficult.

Sorry, I still don't buy it. If that person needs to drink, then stay home. I'm not arguing the alcohol addiction, I'm arguing the action of getting behind the wheel.