Shooter @ Wash Navy Yards

ZARA

Developing: Deadly Shooting At U.S. Navy Yard In Washington : The Two-Way : NPR

Update at Noon ET. News Briefing, Obama Statement Coming:

D.C. Police Chief Cathy Lanier and Mayor Vincent Gray are expected to brief reporters within the next few minutes. Hopefully, they'll be able to clear up some of the conflicting information in the news media over the past hour (including that there may have been more than one shooter and that at least one attacker may be dead).

President Obama is also expected to soon make a statement.

Update at 11:44 a.m. ET. More On Fatalities:

"We understand that there are individuals at the scene who will not be transported [to a hospital] because they are deceased," says Dr. Janis Orlowski of MedStar Washington Hospital Center.

Update at 11:36 a.m. ET. Three Of Wounded In Critical Condition:

At the MedStar Washington Hospital Center, spokeswoman Dr. Janis Orlowski just told reporters that the three people brought there are in critical condition. They are expected to survive their gunshot wounds, she added.

Bay_Kat

Tropical
Just found out my SIL was in building 197, she hid under her desk, they got her out and she's fine. My heart breaks for the ones that didn't make it. Sending prayers for their families.

ZARA

http://www.cnn.com/2013/09/16/us/dc-navy-yard-gunshots/Washington (CNN) -- A suspect is dead after a shooting at the Washington Navy Yard, a senior Navy official said Monday.

Developing: Deadly Shooting At U.S. Navy Yard In Washington : The Two-Way : NPR
Update at 12:18 p.m. ET. One Gunman Dead; Two Other Potential Shooters:

Police are on the lookout for two other potential "shooters," D.C. Police Chief Cathy Lanier just told reporters. One gunman, she said, is dead at the scene.

Lanier described one of the potential shooters as a while male, possibly wearing a khaki Navy uniform, who was "last seen around 8:35 a.m" and may have been carrying a handgun.

The other potential shooter, she said, is a "black male approximately 50 years of age" who "may have been in possession of a long gun."

Dakota

~~~~~~~
Police are on the lookout for two other potential "shooters," D.C. Police Chief Cathy Lanier just told reporters. One gunman, she said, is dead at the scene.

Lanier described one of the potential shooters as a while male, possibly wearing a khaki Navy uniform, who was "last seen around 8:35 a.m" and may have been carrying a handgun.

The other potential shooter, she said, is a "black male approximately 50 years of age" who "may have been in possession of a long gun."

When I heard her say that... I just hoped that she is proven wrong. A person who cracks and decides to go crazy, shooting people... okay... it happens....

BUT 3 people??? That sounds very terrorist-like.....

AND this doesn't make it all settle down very well either...
Russian official mocks Navy Yard shooting - Washington Times

somdfunguy

not impressed
Just found out my SIL was in building 197, she hid under her desk, they got her out and she's fine. My heart breaks for the ones that didn't make it. Sending prayers for their families.

Glad she is safe. We just went thru training for situations like this and it was basically: run, hide, fight back in that order. Im hoping I never have to do any of them.

MJ

Material Girl
PREMO Member

How terrifying that must have been. So glad she's ok. :huggy:

itsbob

I bowl overhand
Glad she is safe. We just went thru training for situations like this and it was basically: run, hide, fight back in that order. Im hoping I never have to do any of them.

I think ours is run, hide, and pray the people with the guns get there before the other people that have guns find you..

Holy crap. I've been outside working all morning, didn't know anything.

Major TV stations have nothing except soaps and court shows.