Smokey is all over the place

Pete

Repete
Originally posted by cattitude
So, a police officer's job doesn't include public safety?

I am not advocating that he wheel around and give the guy a $300 ticket either "IF" the dude had stopped just turning on his lights to slow traffic while the guy picked up his crap would have been fine.

TripleJ

Originally posted by dpete2q
I am sure there is some state law regarding littering.
sure pete there are laws about littering, here is the thing no one is thinking about though, Many times I am on the way to a call, a burglar alarm, a domestic, citizen complaint about (fill in the blank of some danger in the community) or any of a hundred different calls, this has to be weighed, which is more important? apparently you choose to second guess an officer/trooper/deputy who might be on a call that is much more important that enforcing a littering violation:smile:

TripleJ

a police officers job is certainly public safety, but it does not require him to pick up trash from the road or change the daipers of your children?:cheers:

TripleJ

huh?
:smile: now you are confusing me? you were the very first person to reply to this thread, in that thread you left a link to a forum in chit chat addressing this same issue, I merely stated I liked that one better :cheers:

TripleJ

Originally posted by cariblue
Oh please! Do you think we're complete idiots? I can appreciate your angle, but we're talking about small town USA. Too often you guys are just sitting there picking your nose and let stuff slide by because you don't feel like doing your job. It has been painfully obvious to me when I've seen law breakers ignored by cops that they weren't on their way anywhere.
Ok, cariblue, I thought we were talking about the southern md area? at least that is where this thread started? it is obvious that you don't like cops for some reason? ok, I don't have a problem with that? though: A society that doesnt get along with its law enforcement had best learn how to get along with its criminals, and do so quickly

Pete

Repete
Originally posted by TripleJ
you choose to second guess an officer/trooper/deputy who might be on a call that is much more important that enforcing a littering violation:smile:

You are right, but in this case he pulled into the county government complex about 3 miles down the road, shift change I guess. You didn't know that because I didn't mention it. Of course I know they might have been on a more important call.

TripleJ

You are right, but in this case he pulled into the county government complex about 3 miles down the road, shift change I guess. You didn't know that because I didn't mention it. Of course I know they might have been on a more important call.
Ok :cheers:

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
Give up Cari, it's cop speak. I respect police officers, most of the time. Used to be married to one (who left the force to become a firefighter). I know all the language. :biggrin:

TripleJ

Originally posted by cariblue
See, TripleJ?

No, I don't dislike cops at all. I have an old friend who has been a cop in Miami for 20 years. Even he will be the first to tell you that some cops are just lazy jerks who could care less about anything but the paycheck and the donut shop.

What I'm getting at is I think it's pretty crappy for one cop to try and make lazy cops out to be some hero that they're not and continually making excuses for them not doing their job.
Ok cariblue, what I don't like or think is pretty crappy, using your words, is how people concentrate on the very small percentage of people doing as you suggest instead of the majority that go out there, do their jobs to the best of their abilities? That seems to be the case with the posts in here? If I were paid a quarter every time a citizen told me "thankyou" I would be a very rich man and wouldn't need a paycheck to get by on. I guess it doesn't make a good topic of conversation to talk about the good ones? Let's forget that they exist and concentrate on the bad ones, and them lump them all together with statements like "you guys" Of course when another 911 or Sniper incident rolls along we will tell them how much we love and appreciate them, that is until the crisis is over then we will go back hating?:cheers:

TripleJ

You know Pete, I had the very same thought. :cool:
the same goes for you cat, just say you are cattitude :smile: I have no problems with your posts, I appreciate the way you express yourselves and respect your right to do so:cheers:

TripleJ

For the record I drive a white 1988 Yugo with Florida plates.
I do not think the cruisers that the give us to drive could keep up with a high performance vehicle like that?:cheers:

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
Originally posted by TripleJ
the same goes for you cat, just say you are cattitude :smile: I have no problems with your posts, I appreciate the way you express yourselves and respect your right to do so:cheers:

Thanks. And I'll bet there will be a lot of "spectators" at the next PF Eagles (75 pounders) game! :razz2:

TripleJ

Thanks. And I'll bet there will be a lot of "spectators" at the next PF Eagles (75 pounders) game! :razz2:
as a matter of fact there were :smile: a lot of the coaches involved in the Calvert County sports for kids are cops, but, let's not talk about that? :smile: