Smokey is all over the place

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Originally posted by TripleJ
a lot of the coaches involved in the Calvert County sports for kids are cops, but, let's not talk about that? :smile:
Don't let Christy hear you say that. :rolleyes:

TripleJ

Originally posted by cariblue
I just posted that I don't dislike cops, so don't try and make me out to be a cop hater. If you take my criticism personally, maybe there's a reason. I just hope that next time you or a loved one is in need of a cop, it's one of the good ones.
Let's hope that for all of us, the thing is, if we keep having these negative ideas of cops and that is all we express there won't be any good ones left?:cheers:

Pete

Repete
I did not intend to bust on cops. Most of my buddies up in Maine were troopers, great dedicated guys. I got to hear alot of interesting stories. I doubt I would want to do that job, you are either with people who were just victims and want immediate satisfaction or the scum of the earth. I just thought it was cheesy for a cop to pass by a big bag of trash busted out on the road and then pull into the county complex 5 minutes later, especially with the boy in the car.

I doubt I have to worry about tickets. I rarely speed anymore.

TripleJ

I just posted that I don't dislike cops, so don't try and make me out to be a cop hater. If you take my criticism personally, maybe there's a reason. I just hope that next time you or a loved one is in need of a cop, it's one of the good ones.
No, I didn't take your post personallly, I don't know why you took mine personally and addressed as if it were? maybe there is a reason?:smile:

TripleJ

Originally posted by dpete2q
I did not intend to bust on cops. Most of my buddies up in Maine were troopers, great dedicated guys. I got to hear alot of interesting stories. I doubt I would want to do that job, you are either with people who were just victims and want immediate satisfaction or the scum of the earth. I just thought it was cheesy for a cop to pass by a big bag of trash busted out on the road and then pull into the county complex 5 minutes later, especially with the boy in the car.

I doubt I have to worry about tickets. I rarely speed anymore.
ok :cheers:

TripleJ

You may have the last word.
That is very gracious of you, you have both my admiration and respect:smile: That being the case, my last word is that I worked midnight shift and am going to sleep now, good night everyone, I hope everyone has a very nice day:cheers:

T.Rally

Speeders kill about 10,000 times the number of people as bank robbers. If they want to speed let them pay the consequences. There are enough flowers and balloons decorating Rt. 4 because of these people.
You are equating speeders with bank robbers? What will an unsafe lane change get you? 10-20? How about running a red light? Life? Where did you get your statistics? How many of the memorials on Rt 4 were accidents that had speed as the contributing factor? I bet none. Your thinking (good intentioned)is irrational and illogical and I can't believe no one has called you out on it.

Pete

Repete
Re: Re: Smokey is all over the place

Originally posted by T.Rally
How about running a red light? Life?

That's exactly what it cost that woman in the car v. cement truck at wildewood a couple weeks ago.

Christy

b*tch rocket
why? which team does she/he play for?:cheers:

My kid plays for a St. Mary's Team. (thankfully). The St. Mary's coaches don't allow potty mouth, or fist fighting. :rolleyes:

Actually, the (Calvert) coach didn't condone it either, but there was plenty of it. My take, is they're a bunch of spoiled little brats that haven't had enough foot up their azz in their lifetime.

And back on topic. Traffic cops are the spawn of Satan. :burning: :neener:

T.Rally

Re: Re: Re: Smokey is all over the place

Originally posted by dpete2q
That's exactly what it cost that woman in the car v. cement truck at wildewood a couple weeks ago.
Touche. The point being speeders and bank robbers are apples and oranges.

TripleJ

Re: Re: Smokey is all over the place

You are equating speeders with bank robbers? What will an unsafe lane change get you? 10-20? How about running a red light? Life? Where did you get your statistics? How many of the memorials on Rt 4 were accidents that had speed as the contributing factor? I bet none. Your thinking (good intentioned)is irrational and illogical and I can't believe no one has called you out on it.
If you bet none, then you would lose? All of them had excessive speed as a contributing factor? Why are you so angry? Killing is killing, and dying is dying, my example is an atempt to get others to look outside of the box and no more. Your example of going through a red light? Do you think the person slowly went through the red light when the accident happened? If you do, then I have some prime beach property I would like to sell you:cheers: Every accident that has resulted in a death in Calvert County along Rt 4 has had excessive speed/driver error as a contributing factor. These have been reported by both the Calvert County Sheriff's Office and the Maryland State Troopers investigating the scenes. Do you have any idea how many people die on the roads each year? I'll give you a hint, we have had entire wars in which we have not lost has many people. Just like my kids, I'm not going to do your homework for you. I don't think you will learn anything that way. Almost every week the front page of the Calvert Recorder or Independent has a accident on it, please read the articles, look for the cause sited, you will be surprised. Seems that your intent is only to redicule and insult, I don't understand this? As my intent is only out of concern for those harmed or killed by speeding drivers.

T.Rally

Re: Re: Re: Smokey is all over the place

Just like my kids, I'm not going to do your homework for you. I don't think you will learn anything that way.

I was not angry nor was I ridiculing or being insulting (I am now). Where did you get that? I was only offering an opposing viewpoint. You obviously didn't like it and went on the defensive.

Thankfully you don't do your kids homework, as I'm sure they're much smarter than you. Maybe you need to pick up something other than the Calvert Recorder and the Independent.

Do you realize if a motorist wrecks his car while drinking a tumbler-full of bourbon, making fondue, and driving 10 miles over the speed limit, that could very well get classified as a speed-related accident? (Even so, Car and Driver has noted that according to NHTSA's data, only 3.1 percent of fatal crashes list speed as the only related factor.)

Additionally, NHTSA's data suggest speed alone doesn't account for most accidents. If it did, why would over one fourth of all crashes (26.1 percent) occur in speed limit zones of 30 mph or less, while 77 percent happen in 50 mph zones or less? By contrast, 60 mph or higher zones account for a paltry 8.1 percent of all accidents."

During the last decade, one FHA (Federal Highway Admin) study confirmed what any common-sense driver knows: Motorists, as the engineers like to say, drive the geometrics of the road. That is, they find the natural speed for a road and stick with it--regardless of the speed limit. This is why, if you conduct an unscientific experiment driving 55 mph on your local open stretch of highway, you will be passed by over two-thirds of your fellow motorists.

My belief is that almost all accidents are caused by bad driving - failing to pay attention, being too close to the car in front, using a cell phone with one hand and taking notes with the other, etc.
Drive defensively at all times and you'll have little to worry about.

TripleJ

Re: Re: Re: Re: Smokey is all over the place

Do you realize if a motorist wrecks his car while drinking a tumbler-full of bourbon, making fondue, and driving 10 miles over the speed limit, that could very well get classified as a speed-related accident?
No one said it was the only factor? Pay attention.... I know it has only been a short while since you had to ride that short bus to and from school, Excessive Speed/Driver Error that is what I stated. Don't change my words to suit your purposes? The main jist is for driver's to slow down and drive more carefully, if your point is that they don't have to then we are in disagreement, if you feel that drivers should do this, then we are in agreement and I don't know why you are posting? Oh, and it is amazing that driving 10 mph over the speed limit would be considered speeding? imagine that?:cheers: And, yes my kids are smarter than me, I am very proud of them.:smile:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Am I the only person on this board who couldn't care less if the cops are running radar? Heck, I even wear my seatbelt these days!

T.Rally

No. I've set aside money especially for speeding tickets.

Fines are just another form of taxes. If you want to speed, you have to pay the tax.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
If you want to speed, you have to pay the tax.
They should do like a yearly subscription or something. A flat-fee, then you can speed all you want.