Stopped School Bus

OccamsRazor

Like your suggestion that all families with children should move in to concentration camps...one bus stop.
:drummer: It is funny when you can't debate the points on their merits and instead resort to making yourself the class clown. But hey... as long as you get the validation from your forum buddies.

eric14

House built in the 1960s, on St Andrews, not in a neighborhood. We walk 1/8 mile down the driveway to the bus stop, usually followed by dogs, chickens, and sometimes a cat. Would be 1 mile + to get to the nearest neighborhood. That would be quite a parade twice a day. On the almost non-existant shoulder of St Andrews.
Understandable unlike Great Mills Road.

CPUSA

But, what about those who it DOES affect now? People other than you. Point being that when it impacted you then it was an issue. Now that it only impacts other, it's not important?
Why would she care now? Do you think she should STILL care now that it no longer affects her?
So what keeps you awake at night, that no longer has an impact on you?

The new SAT testing requirements?
The suffrage movement?
The lack of ranks & insignias in banking commercials?

OccamsRazor

Why would she care now? Do you think she should STILL care now that it no longer affects her?
So what keeps you awake at night, that no longer has an impact on you?
The exact same reason you felt the need to post your comment on this thread....... Here, let me explain it to you.
You thought my posts were stupid and needed correcting at, at least, challenged even though they do not directly affect you... right? They did not directly affect you however, you still posted... correct?
Now, apply that reasoning to the topic at hand and... you have answered your question :yahoo:

CPUSA

The exact same reason you felt the need to post your comment on this thread....... Here, let me explain it to you.
You thought my posts were stupid and needed correcting at, at least, challenged even though they do not directly affect you... right? They did not directly affect you however, you still posted... correct?
Now, apply that reasoning to the topic at hand and... you have answered your question :yahoo:
See, you would be wrong...let me explain it to you...
I'm reading the current posts in this thread. You're CURRENTLY posting in this thread. Both actions have a DIRECT AFFECT on what I'm doing RIGHT NOW, which is interacting with the forum members...SEE??... Direct Affect??... Understand, or do you need pictures?

I didn't think your posts to RR were stupid. I found them to be quite obtuse. Why should she still be affected by something that no longer concerns her?...Apparently, you think people should still be concerned about things that don't directly affect them, so I asked you a few questions about things that don't directly affect you...and like usual with you, you dodged, ducked, dipped, dived, &....dodged, actually answering such simple questions...

*snap snap!!* stay focused!! Go take some adderall and try and answer the questions... apparently, the ADHD struggle is real with you... :wench::wench:

OccamsRazor

See, you would be wrong...let me explain it to you...
I'm reading the current posts in this thread. You're CURRENTLY posting in this thread. Both actions have a DIRECT AFFECT on what I'm doing RIGHT NOW, which is interacting with the forum members...SEE??... Direct Affect??... Understand, or do you need pictures?

I didn't think your posts to RR were stupid. I found them to be quite obtuse. Why should she still be affected by something that no longer concerns her?...Apparently, you think people should still be concerned about things that don't directly affect them, so I asked you a few questions about things that don't directly affect you...and like usual with you, you dodged, ducked, dipped, dived, &....dodged, actually answering such simple questions...

*snap snap!!* stay focused!! Go take some adderall and try and answer the questions... apparently, the ADHD struggle is real with you... :wench::wench:
If they directly affect you then there must be consequences. What would those be? What consequences have occurred that hindered or prevented you from interacting with other forum members?

Also, as Sam pointed out, when vitriol and name calling comes into the picture... you have already lost.

Finally, none of the items you mentioned have an impact on me which is why I do not comment on them. I did however comment on THIS topic which does have an impact on me. Throwing out random subjects or issues does not prove your theory. Also, the "lack of ranks & insignias in banking commercials" jib that you are attempting is a non-starter as I already submitted that I was mistaken about it in the other thread. That's right... I admitted I was mistaken. Ever do that?

rio

And my argument to this is that these are all CHOICES that YOU made. YOU decided to live where it is inconvenient to get to a bus stop. YOU decided to be in a situation where you have 3 children to load up all by yourself.
Why does everyone else have to be inconvenienced because of YOUR choices?
Just as you choose to take a route that has bus stops, you choose not to leave 5 minutes earlier or later to avoid the bus stops, and you choose to get all twisted up because you have 30 seconds added to your commute. I can't help what you choose to get upset about, only tried to provide a reason why the county may have decided the lesser inconvenience was to a commuter held up for 30 seconds versus the families of 30-50 kids on a bus having an extra 30 minutes added to their day.

Also, just so you don't get your feelings hurt if I ever don't respond when you quote me; sometimes I don't respond because I've said all I have to say, I'm not trying to win or lose, I've made my opinion clear, and I'm done with the subject.

OccamsRazor

Just as you choose to take a route that has bus stops, you choose not to leave 5 minutes earlier or later to avoid the bus stops, and you choose to get all twisted up because you have 30 seconds added to your commute. I can't help what you choose to get upset about, only tried to provide a reason why the county may have decided the lesser inconvenience was to a commuter held up for 30 seconds versus the families of 30-50 kids on a bus having an extra 30 minutes added to their day.

Also, just so you don't get your feelings hurt if I ever don't respond when you quote me; sometimes I don't respond because I've said all I have to say, I'm not trying to win or lose, I've made my opinion clear, and I'm done with the subject.
Feeling definitely not hurt. And, I understand your point and accept that there are opinions and right/wrongs with each side. However, in keeping with the start of this thread I still insist that changing the manner in which things are done currently would be more beneficial to the safety of kids getting on or off a school bus. The side benefit of this would be better traffic flow for commuters.

CPUSA

If they directly affect you then there must be consequences. What would those be? What consequences have occurred that hindered or prevented you from interacting with other forum members?

Also, as Sam pointed out, when vitriol and name calling comes into the picture... you have already lost.

Finally, none of the items you mentioned have an impact on me which is why I do not comment on them. I did however comment on THIS topic which does have an impact on me. Throwing out random subjects or issues does not prove your theory. Also, the "lack of ranks & insignias in banking commercials" jib that you are attempting is a non-starter as I already submitted that I was mistaken about it in the other thread. That's right... I admitted I was mistaken. Ever do that?
Why does the actual consequence have to be a hindrance or prevention?
The direct affect was MY INTERACTION WITH YOU in this thread.
I guess the consequence was having to read your obtuse post that didn't answer my questions? That was quite the hindrance...

I guess, "I saw that. Thanks." is admitting your mistake? Typically, "Oops, my bad...thanks for correcting my mistake." is actually admitting your mistake...But to answer your question...twice I admitted my mistake to somdwatch, when I mistook their post for someone else's and once (I still have the bitter taste from it) to HH for something that I don't even remember now...

CPUSA

You are more than welcome :buddies:

A non-reply is NOT consent or agreement. Kinda like a woman NOT saying no does NOT mean yes. You get that...right?
Welcome? For what? I changed my comment so you could understand it. Apparently, you were having some trouble comprehending the English language, so, out of the goodness of my heart, I simplified it for you... You should be THANKING me...you get that, right? but anyways...you're welcome... anything to remedially assist you in your endeavors....

So you're saying you're replying like a woman from now on? You coulda just said fine...I would've understood your implication...

OccamsRazor

Welcome? For what?
For giving you the CHOICE. Which mean that any consequence that derives from it is from YOU. You're welcome! :buddies:

So you're saying you're replying like a woman from now on? You coulda just said fine...I would've understood your implication...
No. What I am saying is that when a woman says NO, it means NO. When a woman does not answer... that does NOT mean yes. I can't explain it any more simple than that. There are some online courses you can take to better understand this.

my-thyme

..if momma ain't happy...
Patron
Feeling definitely not hurt. And, I understand your point and accept that there are opinions and right/wrongs with each side. However, in keeping with the start of this thread I still insist that changing the manner in which things are done currently would be more beneficial to the safety of kids getting on or off a school bus. The side benefit of this would be better traffic flow for commuters.
The start of this thread was me, upset that cars don't stop when the school bus lights are flashing.

So, one more time, is it better for cars to stop when the lights are flashing, or for me and mine to walk a mile+ 4 times a day to the closest neighborhood?

Edit: 8 times a day, there are 2 children, 2 different schools

eric14

The start of this thread was me, upset that cars don't stop when the school bus lights are flashing.

So, one more time, is it better for cars to stop when the lights are flashing, or for me and mine to walk a mile+ 4 times a day to the closest neighborhood?

Edit: 8 times a day, there are 2 children, 2 different schools
I stop for busses all the time. So there.