The debate...

Bogart

p.s. the debates are stupid and meaningless. What do I care who the better extemporaneous speaker is?

oldman

Lobster Land
BuddyLee said:
I guess according to you the same could be said about Kerry. Did it not take balls/conviction to stand up in front of Congress thirty years ago and express his opinion of the war? Did it not take balls/conviction to be one of the only ones to stand up for the VVAW?

Once again I'll say I'm biased, but I was also involved with Viet Nam. I have to stand by my conviction that any war -or whatever you want to call it- shouldn't be fully supported. I'm not anti-Kerry on this but "I" did not come back and say we were wrong. War is He!! and I do not wish it on anybody but sometimes you just have to do what you gotta do. If my CINC tells me to go, I'd go simply because I'm an American.

BuddyLee

Football addict
oldman said:
Once again I'll say I'm biased, but I was also involved with Viet Nam. I have to stand by my conviction that any war -or whatever you want to call it- shouldn't be fully supported. I'm not anti-Kerry on this but "I" did not come back and say we were wrong. War is He!! and I do not wish it on anybody but sometimes you just have to do what you gotta do. If my CINC tells me to go, I'd go simply because I'm an American.
I guess that is where we disagree oldman. I don't believe anyone should fight a war they don't believe in but like you said you gotta do what you gotta do. Was it un-American for John Kerry to come back and express his first amendment rights? The VVAW's ideals?

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Now the libs are going crazy about Bush saying he never said he wasn't worried about bin Laden. I've heard it 50 million times in the last hour. And that's ALL they're talking about - so apprently Bush did pretty good if they only have one thing to bust on him about.

sleuth

Livin' Like Thanksgivin'
I thought Bush hit a homerun. He kept Kerry on the defensive most of the time, and out of twenty questions, I'd say he beat Kerry outright on 13 of them. The other 7 were a draw at best.

Bushie had his A game tonight. Kerry looked tired and wore out... as much as Bush did in the first debate.

BuddyLee

Football addict
Bogart said:
HTML:
http://www.boston.com/news/globe/editorial_opinion/oped/articles/2004/04/29/the_kerry_medals_mystery/
I thought you college kids were supposed to be smart - can't master Google or just lazy? lol:burning:
Just wondering the exact site you got your spin from.

Bogart

BuddyLee said:
Just wondering the exact site you got your spin from.
I'd never seen that article until I googled it, though. My 'spin' didn't come from a web site, it came from my built-in bullshit detector.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
sleuth said:
Kerry looked tired and wore out... as much as Bush did in the first debate.
Really? I thought Kerry looked great. And he looked 10 years younger when Teresa came and stood beside him. :yay:

sleuth

Livin' Like Thanksgivin'
vraiblonde said:
Really? I thought Kerry looked great. And he looked 10 years younger when Teresa came and stood beside him. :yay:
I just thought it looked like he missed his manicure, botox session, and spray-on tan today. :lol:

Seriously though... I thought he looked old... had bags under his eyes... and he didn't smile nearly as often (probably because Bush had him on the defensive for the first and last thirds of the debate.

Bogart

Bogart said:
The Boston Globe = uber-conservative? You're an idiot.
From a Q & A with the publisher of the Boston Globe.

How would you describe the editorial slant of the editorial pages? Do you think it's changed under Greenway?
A: Fundamentally, I don't think it's changed. I think that David believes that the Globe should be a liberal newspaper. He also recognizes that it's important for the state to have a strong business environment, and that the two aren't mutually exclusive. Renée Loth likes to talk about how you can be a liberal with a brain, and you can also be a conservative with a heart.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Bush hit Kerry hard when he brought up Kerry's Gulf War vote. Is that true? Did Kerry really vote against kicking Saddam out of Kuwait? Must look that up...

BuddyLee

Football addict
Bogart said:
The Boston Globe = uber-conservative? You're an idiot.
How can I possibly make an assumption on the paper as a whole if I don't read the paper? I have read this one article in particular and that is where my assumption lies. Perhaps they are uber-liberal, I don't know. Just revealing what I was able to get from your source.