The immigration problem

black dog

Free America
These are jobs Americans don't want

Large corporations rely on this cheap labor to provide their product at low costs

If we stop immigration these jobs willl have to offer more money and workplace protections

The price of chicken ( the product in the article) will rise.

How is it possible to employ Americans in these jobs and still enjoy the low costs of products Americans have become used to?

Or is it not possible to do both?

Please read the article, then read my post. Feel free to show me where any of it was a straw man argument.

The employer is quoted as saying we couldn't keep Americans at these jobs so we looked for another source. They hired legal immigrants. They didn't stay. They then hired illegal immigrants.

You said yourself that your buddy cant keep Americans at these jobs for even double the hourly wage.

Where did i get anything wrong?

What jobs would that be?
We have more than a dozen large factorys in the county I live in, and guess what...
And those are 9.50 to 30 dollars a hour jobs.

No illegals working in any or them, none hanging around the Lowe's store looking for cash jobs either.
One plant is a huge Nestle's plant, one would believe with your thinking that certainly a corporation the size of Nestle's would have the underpaid illegals working for them.

It's interesting how if no one hires them they just fade away..

Last edited:

Sapidus

What jobs would that be?
We have more than a dozen large factorys in the county I live in, and guess what...
And those are 9.50 to 30 dollars a hour jobs.

No illegals working in any or them, none hanging around the Lowe's store looking for cash jobs either.
One plant is a huge Nestle's plant, one would believe with your thinking that certainly a corporation the size of Nestle's would have the underpaid illegals working for them.

It's interesting how if no one hires them they just fade away..

Jesus. Can you not retain information for more then two posts?

I specifically said jobs like the one in the article. Chicken factory processing, picking fruit and vegetables. Cleaning hotel rooms in some cases

I never said all jobs! I never said anything about Nestles

black dog

Free America

I specifically said jobs like the one in the article. Chicken factory processing, picking fruit and vegetables. Cleaning hotel rooms in some cases

Like I said, the only immigrants that roll through this county is during tomato and pepper picking season ( pack ) for Red Gold. And a of those are H2b guest workers.
The dishwashers, maids, lawn maintenance and other bottom tier jobs are taken by blacks, whites, Indians and Asians.
Again, if no one hires then they will leave.
And The New President is working on that.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member

link to something..anything..that indicates that the US government plans to stop immigration, as you've tried to assert.

I do agree 100% that H1B visas need to be curtailed a lot. But that's not remotely related to your subject,

Too bad about your straw man. He burned down so quickly...

Last edited:

Sapidus

Like I said, the only immigrants that roll through this county is during tomato and pepper picking season ( pack ) for Red Gold. And a of those are H2b guest workers.
The dishwashers, maids, lawn maintenance and other bottom tier jobs are taken by blacks, whites, Indians and Asians.
Again, if no one hires then they will leave.
And The New President is working on that.

If you had read the article you would know that it's not just farm workers.

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
The fines should be brutal for Companys that hire illegals.

They should cripple a few as examples, put them out of business completely, and fine them heavily enough that the owner has no chance of ever recovering. This might get the attention of anyone else who may be thinking about doing the same thing.

littlelady

God bless the USA
The lots at Home Depot in Montgomery County seem to be devoid of the amount of illegals looking for work, lately. Aspen Hill is one. Word is that they were raided. Just sayin'. Go, Trump!

Last edited:

Hijinx

The lots at Home Depot in Montgomery County seem to be devoid of the amount of illegals looking for work, lately. Aspen Hill is one. Word is that they were raided. Just sayin'. Go, Trump!

Fact is that since Trump started using the Federal agencies to enforce the law the illegals jumping the border is down 40%.
I see it dropping even farther in the future. Go Trump.

Sapidus

Fact is that since Trump started using the Federal agencies to enforce the law the illegals jumping the border is down 40%.
I see it dropping even farther in the future. Go Trump.

Honest question relating to the article I posted.

Are you willing to pay more for your chicken, eggs, vegetables and fruits, hotel stays?

These industries are the top industries in the US that employ illegal immigrants. To be able to attract American employs these companies are going to have to pay higher wages and implement more stringent workplace protections which will end up costing more too.

Sapidus

ink to something..anything..that indicates that the US government plans to stop immigration, as you've tried to assert.

All I said was If we stop immigrantion. Why are you so angry you post 3 times because you don't understand what a hypothetical is?

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
All I said was If we stop immigrantion. Why are you so angry you post 3 times because you don't understand what a hypothetical is?

Who anywhere is proposing to stop immigration? Considering the answer is "nobody", then we can turn to your worthless "hypothetical" and throw it in the trash can, where it belongs.

See how that works? :lmao:

Gawd yr a simpleton. And I'm never angered by simple trolls. I'm often quite amused by them though...thanks for that.

Say...did this thread go as you hoped and planned?...LOL

Sapidus

Who anywhere is proposing to stop immigration? Considering the answer is "nobody", then we can turn to your worthless "hypothetical" and throw it in the trash can, where it belongs.

See how that works? :lmao:

Gawd yr a simpleton. And I'm never angered by simple trolls. I'm often quite amused by them though...thanks for that.

Say...did this thread go as you hoped and planned?...LOL

If you knew anything you would know that is the exact definition of a hypothetical. Exploring ideas that may or may not happen.

black dog

Free America
Honest question relating to the article I posted.

Are you willing to pay more for your chicken, eggs, vegetables and fruits, hotel stays?

These industries are the top industries in the US that employ illegal immigrants. To be able to attract American employs these companies are going to have to pay higher wages and implement more stringent workplace protections which will end up costing more too.

I'm willing to pay,, but I truly don't believe the price will change that much if at all when all illegals have gone home because of lack of jobs or are deported.
I have a question for you, have you ever worked in a factory in your life?

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
If you knew anything you would know that is the exact definition of a hypothetical. Exploring ideas that may or may not happen.

And if you had even half a clue, you would understand that completely baseless and impossible hypotheticals are beyond worthless and beneath comment. True hypotheticals reside in the realm of the possible..even if only remotely possible. Your garbage never qualified as a hypothetical. It barely passed muster as a straw man, in fact.

Face it. You failed. Your thread failed. So much fail. But I'm guessing you are used to that by now.

Last edited:

PeoplesElbow

I can't guess on the picking of fruit or the processing of chicken because I don't know the chickens per hour or apples per hour pick rate, but for motel cleaning service a housekeeper is supposed to be able to turn a room in between 5 and 10 minutes, so 6 rooms per hour at a minimum. Lets say they pay an illegal alien $10/hr and the legal resident demands $20/hr (which is quite high btw) divide that $10 extra per hr by 6 rooms and we get less than a $2 increase in the cost of a room. This is something most don't even notice.

I travel a lot through work and most of the hotels I stay at have had a mixture of white/black/hispanic and an occasional asian on the cleaning staff so I am guessing very few of those are actually illegals. I also usually try to have a short conversation with the room cleaner if I am there when she comes by, I feel it makes them less likely to steal any of my stuff and I have yet to encounter one that does not speak English.

Sapidus

I can't guess on the picking of fruit or the processing of chicken because I don't know the chickens per hour or apples per hour pick rate, but for motel cleaning service a housekeeper is supposed to be able to turn a room in between 5 and 10 minutes, so 6 rooms per hour at a minimum. Lets say they pay an illegal alien $10/hr and the legal resident demands $20/hr (which is quite high btw) divide that $10 extra per hr by 6 rooms and we get less than a $2 increase in the cost of a room. This is something most don't even notice.

I travel a lot through work and most of the hotels I stay at have had a mixture of white/black/hispanic and an occasional asian on the cleaning staff so I am guessing very few of those are actually illegals. I also usually try to have a short conversation with the room cleaner if I am there when she comes by, I feel it makes them less likely to steal any of my stuff and I have yet to encounter one that does not speak English.
Yes. But that is a extra $2 per hotel stay and a extra $2 per lb of chicken and an extra $2 to feed a family vegetables for dinner and eventually it adds up. You also have to remember many of these companies have strong lobbies that donate and put politicians in the place of having to publicly denounce illegal immigration while opening their wallets to look the other way

Also many illegal immigrants speak English.

black dog

Free America
Yes. But that is a extra $2 per hotel stay and a extra $2 per lb of chicken and an extra $2 to feed a family vegetables for dinner and eventually it adds up. You also have to remember many of these companies have strong lobbies that donate and put politicians in the place of having to publicly denounce illegal immigration while opening their wallets to look the other way

Also many illegal immigrants speak English.

With your thinking Milk should cost 7 dollars a gallon, cause it's just regular old farmers and corporate farms that milk cows. Not alot of illegals in that industry.
The town near me has a milk coop processing plant and not one illegal working there.
As a matter of fact, not a Latin in the plant on either shift.

Sapidus

With your thinking Milk should cost 7 dollars a gallon, cause it's just regular old farmers and corporate farms that milk cows. Not alot of illegals in that industry.
The town near me has a milk coop processing plant and not one illegal working there.
As a matter of fact, not a Latin in the plant on either shift.
Try to keep up. I'm talking about existingn industries changing their work force and practices.

Not industries that are already employing Americans.

That's the problem when you think I'm black and white you make false equivalencies

Sapidus

And if you had even half a clue, you would understand that completely baseless and impossible hypotheticals are beyond worthless and beneath comment. True hypotheticals reside in the realm of the possible..even if only remotely possible. Your garbage never qualified as a hypothetical. It barely passed muster as a straw man, in fact.

Face it. You failed. Your thread failed. So much fail. But I'm guessing you are used to that by now.

Haha. You sound like a flat earther. How dare you hypothesize the earth is round. We would all fall off!

Not only are you angry but you are an idiot

Last edited: