The View Hot Takes

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

Did You Catch What Was Seriously Wrong With Whoopi Goldberg's Defense of Biden?

Do the ladies of The View know they don’t have to do this? The Democratic Party has enough operatives to dole out shoddy, half-baked talking points to defend Joe Biden’s classified document extravaganza. The View has already done enough damage with their equally idiotic defenses of the Biden doc scandal, where the pivots could only be described as ranging from conspiratorial to outright nonsensical. Biden got distracted by the holiday season was one of the worst, while some on the show felt that—get this—the GOP framed the president, planting these classified materials at multiple locations. No one in DC has the intelligence to pull off such a job, but Joe Biden is stupid enough to abscond from the Obama administration with documents he could never possess.

Yet, that’s the hill co-host Whoopi Goldberg decided to die on; Biden declassified all the documents he took with him…as vice president. I’m sure every lawyer cringed since that’s painfully incorrect. The vice president does not have the declassification authority afforded to the United States president. Trump can declassify whatever he wants; Biden cannot. That’s the law (via Fox News):

"The View" host Whoopi Goldberg speculated on Monday that President Biden declassified all the documents discovered in recent months when he was vice president.
The ladies discussed President Biden’s credibility after a new batch of classified documents were discovered at his residence in Wilmington, Delaware.
After Goldberg discussed three kinds of classified documents, she noted, "Presidents and vice-presidents can declassify these," albeit, "not with their brains," adding that Presidents George W. Bush and Barack Obama had loosened the restrictions on declassifying documents during their presidencies.
She added that she wished officials would specify which level of classified documents had been mishandled, so the public discern between misplaced administrative information and national security risks.
"I wish they would say all that while they’re explaining what’s going on, because if you say, you know, a ‘classified document,’ everybody goes, ‘Oh my God, How dare he keep that?’" she said. "And if these guys can declassify-presidents and vice presidents can declassify, are we chasing our tail with some of this?"

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

Behar: Gun Owners Have a ‘Mental Illness’ That Must ‘Be Stopped’

Clearly referring to private gun ownership and support for Second Amendment rights, Behar argued: “There’s like a mental illness going on in the country that has to be stopped immediately.” She went on to suggest that President Biden’s efforts to stop them were being thwarted by “people who are getting money from the gun lobby and who want to keep [mass shootings] going. It's disgraceful.”

What ABC News and The View didn’t want viewers to know was that an expansive Georgetown University study of guns in America conducted last year, found “that guns are used defensively by firearms owners in approximately 1.67 million incidents per year.”

After giving a weak endorsement of gun rights, self-described conservative Alyssa Farah Griffin noted that “98 percent of mass shootings in this country are young men … between adolescence and young adulthood” and share signs of actual mental illness. “[T]here is a mental health component and there is a crisis of young men in this country that we don't know how to address and I don't think we're talking about it enough,” she implored them to take into account.

Behar scoffed at the facts. “They have mentally ill people in the European Union, don't they? So, the one thing they don't have is access to guns. So, this mental health idea is baloney. It’s baloney,” she flailed. “I don't think it is baloney though. Because again, I can own a gun my whole life and never use it to commit a crime,” Farah Griffin pushed back.

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
My comment on Twitter that Caryn needs to take back her real name and stop being a fake has had upvotes and retweets.
I don't care if she sees it, the account is a sock puppet and I have her blocked.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

Whoopi Suggests It’s Fine To Make White Kids Feel Like Oppressors

Goldberg then went on to suggest that there was no validity to the complaints coming in — primarily from those on the Right — about the impact of CRT and the idea that it painted all white people as “oppressors,” arguing that if history made people feel bad about who they were then maybe they should feel bad.

“Think about this: if you’re so concerned that your children — and particularly I’m talking about white children because that’s the conversation that they seem to be having — if you’re so concerned that white children are going to feel bad because history happened and they happen to be white, how do you think black kids are feeling?” she asked. “The reason that black history has come into the zeitgeist, the reason that Asian history has come into the zeitgeist, the reason that any other history than English-American history is because nobody was represented.”

“That’s why this history is coming, and the great thing about America has always been, yeah, we know we step in it, but we try to step back from it,” Goldberg concluded, claiming that the GOP was trying to stop the country from stepping back — and in doing so, was attempting to “erase” people.

Hijinx

Whoopi Goldberg the woman who stole a Jewish name in order to make her fortune.
The History Professor who knows all about Black slavery, but forgets that white people fought to set them free. Ted Danson's left overs.

SamSpade

SamSpade

What happened? How did it go from a show highlighting DIFFERENT views to one that cannot tolerate different opinions?

Hijinx

Speaking of which, she gave an interview recently

' I was deceived '

in reference to her appearance in Vietnam
Deceived? Don't you believe it. She hasn't changed a bit. She may try to excuse her actions, but they are inexcusable. What has she done to change anyone's perception of her. NOTHING She is still pushing leftist trash. She has never been an American in my mind. Just a traitor.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

The View Claims Tucker Carlson Having J6 Vids Will Enable Another 9/11

“So, exactly how dangerous is it to let Tucker Carlson reset the narrative on January 6?” Joy Behar asked the hysterical faux conservative, Alyssa Farah Griffin.

Without evidence, Farah Griffin proclaimed that Carlson’s possession of the footage “raises huge safety and security concerns for the Capitol.” She then proceeded to rattle off all the different kinds of security measures we would supposedly expose:

So, I worked in the Capitol for many years. There are underground evacuation points, there are safe rooms. We even have rooms to protect for like bio/chemical attacks where you can go and safely be housed. This will also reveal where video cameras are stationed in the Capitol.

She then attempted to make an Evel Knievel-style leap and argue that Carlson having the footage was somehow anti-police and would enable 9/11 2.0:

So, as a Republican, we always say we back the blue. Well, you just exposed the entire Capitol and undermined the Capitol Police and their safety precautions for something like January 6 were it ever to happen again or something like 9/11 where the Capitol was targeted.

“It's so, so dangerous,”
she opined.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

‘The View’ Audience Loudly Gasps When Joy Behar Tells Trump-Voting East Palestine: ‘That’s Who You Voted For!’

Alyssa Farah-Griffin was pointing out that Norfolk-Southern gives large donations to both parties, and added that central Ohio is “Trump country,” which led to the comment from Behar about the particular district.

“I don’t know why they would ever vote for him, for somebody who, by the way, he placed someone with deep ties to the chemical industry in charge of the EPA’s chemical safety office,” said Behar.

“That’s who you voted for in that district,” she said, pointing directly into the camera. “Donald Trump, who reduces all safety.”

The audience audibly gasped in reaction to Behar’s comments.

As they headed to the break, co-host Sunny Hostin said, “I think this is Donald Trump’s fault.”

“It’s his fault and then he shows up,” agreed Behar, referring to Trump dropping in on the district this week to give short remarks, as his 2024 campaign continues to spin up.

Cows with irrelevant comments ... the EPA has NOTHING to do with Rail Safety