Thoughts on underage drinking?

terbear1225

I find it completely ridiculous that an 18 year old is deemed mature and responsible enough to vote, get married and serve in the military, but not drink. Not getting into which age (18 vs 21) is more appropriate, but seems to me that whatever the age, drinking alcohol should be allowed at the same age as those other activities.

I agree with you. If you are old enough to serve, vote or get married you should be old enough to drink. I think this is where Wenchy and I have different perspectives though. Many of the posters that are ok with it are thinking more along the lines of high school seniors or graduates. I worry more about the freshmen and sophomores who are going to the same parties as their older siblings.

You give my 13 year old alchohol and one of us is spending the night in jail.

PsyOps

Pixelated
I’m old enough to live when we could drink at 18. My folks had no problem with me drinking in the house at 18. My folks had no problem with me drinking in someone else’s house at 18. They did not seem to be incessantly worried about me drinking and driving. As so many have said, we can send our 18 year kids to war and die for their country, we can trust them with very complicated technology that can kill other people on the battlefield but we can’t trust them with a beer. We can trust them to make very important decisions to decide who will run our country but not with alcohol.

I don’t want my kids to get hurt or drink too much. But I do want my kids to experience life and make and learn from their own mistakes. I think 18 is a good age to allow this. They just graduated from grade school and are moving on to their next phase of their life – either going to college, joining the military, or going into the workforce on their own. They can do all this yet can’t drink. We want to call them adults but not allow them to be adults.

MadDogMarine

I have mixed feelings over this. I am high strung and extremely protective of my son. He is my Miracle and if anything ever happens to him, I will have to be locked away in a padded cell.

I have always been concerned that if he “got a taste” for alcohol he would become an alcoholic. It runs in the family on both sides. ....

As a loving mother concerned for her family, I highly encourage you to investigate what I and others had to learn the hard way. As a young man,I loved(craved) my beer.
I am convinced that alcoholism does not run in your family. What I strongly believe does run in your family, as well as many other families, is systemic(or chronic) yeast infections. It is known as one of the "hidden epidemics".
I was raised by my WWII Nurse mother on prolific amounts of antibiotics, introduced as a miracle cure by the Dr's she worked with.
Antibiotics kills healthy flora in one's gut which becomes replaced with candida(yeast) or candida albicans. Everyone knows when you mix yeast with any sugar product you produce alcohol. A lot of children have low levels of alcohol in their blood which I believe is being misdiagnosed as ADHD.
Do a google search for "yeast + ADHD"
Here is an attorney who actually documented a DUI(yeast infected blood) specimen that fermented in the test tube that raised the test results above legal limit.
DUI BLOG: Fermentation in Blood Samples Produce….Alcohol
Children can easily be infected from the mother during birth. If the mother is suffering from vaginal yeast infections,when a child is born, the child's mouth scrapes the lining of the vagina. Instead of receiving a dose of healthy flora it receives an unhealthy dose of yeast. This is why alcoholism seems to be generational.
A lot of women who have "recurring" vaginal yeast infections are actually infected in their colon and due to the thin membrane between the two, yeast makes it's way into the vagina easily(why it is recurring).
Once I understood this parasite and how it affects our body I no longer "crave" alcohol. I can have one beer, enjoy it immensely, and be done.
As a protective mom, keep you son healthy is the best option. I can assure you he won't turn into an alcoholic.
A pioneer in this field is William Crook,M.D.
http://www.amazon.com/Yeast-Connection-Medical-Breakthrough/dp/0394747003

Many other health issues can be related to this infection to include cancer.
Do your own due diligence in researching this matter and ignore the naysayers. Some more good google searches, Here is one interesting connection.
"cancer is a fungus"
"yeast is a fungus"

itsrequired

Nope, its still illegal for anyone under the age of 21 to consume alcohol, no matter where. If said parents get caught they can get fined and or arrested no?

That's not true. A parent my provide alcoholic beverages to a person under 21 in a private residence. Alcohol may also be consumed by a minor if it is in relation to a religious ceremony.

smilin

BOXER NATION
In MD it is legal for parents to give their own kids alcohol. It is not legal to give it to other kids.

Their own kids alcohol. I have no problem with this.
When we lived in Europe I would see little kids buying wine for the family dinner. The European kids thought Americans were absolute idiots for binge drinking.
Like anything else the more you take the novelty out of something the fater it becomes boring.

:buddies:

Anybody who throws a party for their kids AND under aged friends deserves to be fined and arrested.

ZARA

As a loving mother concerned for her family, I highly encourage you to investigate what I and others had to learn the hard way. As a young man,I loved(craved) my beer.
I am convinced that alcoholism does not run in your family. What I strongly believe does run in your family, as well as many other families, is systemic(or chronic) yeast infections. It is known as one of the "hidden epidemics".
I was raised by my WWII Nurse mother on prolific amounts of antibiotics, introduced as a miracle cure by the Dr's she worked with.
Antibiotics kills healthy flora in one's gut which becomes replaced with candida(yeast) or candida albicans. Everyone knows when you mix yeast with any sugar product you produce alcohol. A lot of children have low levels of alcohol in their blood which I believe is being misdiagnosed as ADHD.
Here is an attorney who actually documented a DUI(yeast infected blood) specimen that fermented in the test tube that raised the test results above legal limit.
Children can easily be infected from the mother during birth. If the mother is suffering from vaginal yeast infections,when a child is born, the child's mouth scrapes the lining of the vagina. Instead of receiving a dose of healthy flora it receives an unhealthy dose of yeast. This is why alcoholism seems to be generational.
A lot of women who have "recurring" vaginal yeast infections are actually infected in their colon and due to the thin membrane between the two, yeast makes it's way into the vagina easily(why it is recurring).
Once I understood this parasite and how it affects our body I no longer "crave" alcohol. I can have one beer, enjoy it immensely, and be done.
As a protective mom, keep you son healthy is the best option. I can assure you he won't turn into an alcoholic.
The Yeast Connection: A Medical Breakthrough: William G. Crook: 9780394747002: Amazon.com: Books

Do your own due diligence in researching this matter and ignore the naysayers. Some more good google searches, Here is one interesting connection.
"cancer is a fungus"
"yeast is a fungus"

Good info. I am thankful I have never had a yeast infection. But thinking back on my bio-mother's personal hygene products, what you say makes a great deal of sense.

Roman

The Yeast Connection: A Medical Breakthrough: William G. Crook: 9780394747002: Amazon.com: Books

"cancer is a fungus"
"yeast is a fungus"
Very good points made here. Although..Cancer is a Virus, at least that is what I was told in my A&P Class in College. Every one of us has yeast in our systems, diabetics have more, which is why a diabetic woman suffers from diabetes-related vaginal yeast infections.

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo

Attachments

• helicopterparents4.jpg
    helicopterparents4.jpg
    25.4 KB · Views: 68

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
I find it completely ridiculous that an 18 year old is deemed mature and responsible enough to vote, get married and serve in the military, but not drink. Not getting into which age (18 vs 21) is more appropriate, but seems to me that whatever the age, drinking alcohol should be allowed at the same age as those other activities.

it is all politics ........ like .05
tragedies give rise to knee jerk reactions like Gun Free Zones ......

mothers are trying to protect their babies from either self destruction, or being killed by someone else's irresponsible spawn ....

how many tragedies @ graduation time ...... another car full of teens wiped out because they were all drinking and someone was driving [granted these are generally under 18 but where the :cds: starts giving rise to the politcal POWER of MADD and our current .05 limit]

04 AzureBlue

04 AzureBlue
My opinion is what you do with your own kids in your own home is your business. All our kids asked to try beer by the time they were 15. It was not a regular thing and we never gave any liquor to anyone else's children.

Baja28

Obama destroyed America
That's not true. A parent my provide alcoholic beverages to a person under 21 in a private residence. Alcohol may also be consumed by a minor if it is in relation to a religious ceremony.
Partially true. You cannot give alcohol to children other than your own. Here's the clarification.

Alcohol may be possessed or consumed by an under aged person in a private residence so long as it is furnished or allowed by a member of that person's immediate family (typically a parent).

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
The deal breaker is in bold.

If you're okay with your teen having a beer at your house that's fine but you are not to be making that decision for someone else's teen.

That. That is where my ex and I fell out in a big way. She would buy huge quantities of alcohol (not just beer) so her 16-18 yo kids could throw fantastic parties in the back yard for all their friends. I would clean the mess up the next day; the one good feature of that deal was how many funnels I would gain for my shop.:whistle: