Tilted

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
I was promoted. MigTig advertised me as a nice guy who was single and could buy all his own toys... :lol:. The only person to call me out was RoseRed who thought I didn't have a thumb.

Wait! What!?! :lmao:

Please refresh my memory...

Clem72

In the old days of *newsgroups* - do they even EXIST anymore? - many of them were moderated

Were those the old days? I remember waiting a couple of days for our local BBS to sync with FidoNet to read responses to your post, which was also moderated (mostly to synchronize responses from multiple sources).

SamSpade

Were those the old days? I remember waiting a couple of days for our local BBS to sync with FidoNet to read responses to your post, which was also moderated (mostly to synchronize responses from multiple sources).

Ah, well I remember calling up BBS's via 300 baud modem - the kind you put the phone receiver into.
I was an early user of Compuserve.
Am I old enough yet?

The difference with Usenet was, there were ENOUGH posts in a short time period that moderation actually was valuable.
Unlike the very early days of THIS forum, where you might wait a day before anyone even answered you.

Clem72

Ah, well I remember calling up BBS's via 300 baud modem - the kind you put the phone receiver into.

Had one of those too, but could almost never use it as I couldn't justify a second phone line and couldn't keep the wife from picking up the phone every 10 minutes to "see if I was done yet". Yep honey, I'm apparently done now. Thank you.