To all PUG owners

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
Originally posted by jwwb2000
This not something I want to do!!!! I love both of these little guys to death. It is really going to break my heart to see him gone. I am also seeing signs that both Neo and Morpheus are Alpha males due to their aggressive behavior towards each other. I know they are only dogs but I just don't want there to be a battle between the two!!! If things do not work out with his new home, I will be more than happy to take him back into our home that is for sure!!

Just helping ya out...know there's some pug lovers on here, especially Chasey.:biggrin:

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones
Re: Re: bump

Originally posted by Sharon
"Black pug" ...had to check the sellers name. Thought it might be PF's couch pooper. :lmao:

:whistle: That's what happens when you don't get a real dog. :biggrin:

K

Kizzy

PF, my DH saw your post and laughed for an hour. :killingme

My dad's pug, Nemo, is doing well, but he cannot handle the heat at all. I took Milo to my dad's last night and Nemo, planted himself under a shaded tree just about the entire time we were there. Of course, Milo ran the entire time he was there, even went slip and sliding with the kids, for hours. He was so tired when it was time to go, he couldn't jump into my truck. I had to lift him up and put him in the truck. Last night, he fell asleep on a blanket. I was messing with him and moved the blanket. In a sleepy haze, he growled at me. :lmao: He was beat.

K

Kizzy

It was hysterical. Nemo went down 1 time, that was enough for him, he planted his behind under a tree, but Milo, he just kept going and going.

I guarantee, he will jump in the pool if given the opportunity and swim with the kids.

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
Originally posted by IM4Change
Nemo went down 1 time, that was enough for him, he planted his behind under a tree

Just checking, you probably alread know this....pugs really cannot be out in the heat. With their little smooshy faces, they can't cool themselves and can suffer heat related problems very quickly. Poor Biscuit has the same problem...(Boxers..).

K

Kizzy

I'm glad you did tell me that about boxers. I was thinking of getting one to give Milo a friend to run and play with, but a dog that tires easy, having a hard time with the heat, may not be able to keep up with a Jack Russell.

K

Kizzy

Originally posted by appyday
Katies ...Catts....and my boxers would run circles around your JR...guaranteed. On even the hottest day!!

:lol: I'll take you up on that when I move down that way. :razz:

You know what they say about JR's, they are only like this for oh 7-8 years.

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
Originally posted by appyday
Katies ...Catts....and my boxers would run circles around your JR...guaranteed. On even the hottest day!!

I just had the idio..uh little guy out running. Good Lord...he flies! It's not that they tire IM4, they'll run themselves to death in the heat.

jwwb2000

pretty black roses
Morpheus was placed in a home where someone is home all of the time and with a slightly bigger dog than him. The other dog is a Boston Terrier but I have never seen one that large as this one! I didn't realize it would be that hard to let him go but it was. Neo is now back to his old self of being extra playful with us and even the cat is happier. It would not surprise me if Neo and Blu slept on the couch together last night either.