Torches and pitchforks

seven

I'm not sure what you charge someone with when they perpetuate a terrible rumor like this on social media. She should definitely get her ass sued off for libel. The news stories reported the incident, but not the guy's name. Of course, in a small community like this where everyone is connected by social media, it doesn't take long for word to spread.

Looking at the comments on social media it seems like the ones that are still questioning his innocence needed to see some sort of official police report. They keep pointing out that the release says it is still an investigation. I think the investigation part of it has now turned to the accusers and these nimrods can't seem to realize this. The main accuser that blasted everything should be banned from the internet and publicly shamed.

Last edited:

PeoplesElbow

That might have been what I was thinking of. But there was something else in Calvert that people SWORE was true and it turned out to be a hoax.

There was a beating over in the ranch club that didn't happen and also the cocaine laced Halloween candy that also didn't happen.

GregV814

I don't even know why you would try to derail this very serious topic with your political bull####.

Not that it matters, but the point I was making is how many of the insinuations and allegations from Hollywood and the Gloria Alred's from the DNC are valid??? Its the same thing...you certainly may or not agree.

Last edited:

BernieP

Resident PIA
Not that it matters, but the point I was making is how many of the insinuations and allegations from Hollywood and the Gloria Alred's from the DNC are valid??? Its the same thing...you certainly may or not agree.

I think that was what Trump was saying about the two WH aides. The allegation has been made, let's give due process a chance before we lynch them.. There are lives and careers at stake.

What struck me is that a few hung on after the letter came out that said police had reviewed video and found the claim to be baseless, without merit.
The people who make these claims should be not only held liable by the courts, but real victims should be angry. It makes the next claim harder to believe.
We have made changes so that real victims weren't victimized again by the defense. But every false claim supports not giving them that protection.

SamSpade

The people who make these claims should be not only held liable by the courts, but real victims should be angry. It makes the next claim harder to believe.
We have made changes so that real victims weren't victimized again by the defense. But every false claim supports not giving them that protection.

THIS.
All these baseless claims accomplish one thing - they make a case less credible for *REAL* victims. They are an assault on THEM.
It also opens the door for an actual predator to assault the person who began the story, because they won't be believed a second time.

This man is a friend of mine and his family is very dear to us.
Their children are good kids and their parents are seemingly tireless workers.
At our church, you can bet if something needs to be done, they will all be there -
they will be the first to arrive and the last to leave.
Personally, I know no finer man, and that is no exaggeration.

I think the girl needs to at least be suspended. This is no childish prank.
I think the school needs to address this in an assembly, because the situation was allowed to grow by others who took part.
I've said many times - if bad behavior has no consequences, there's never an incentive to stop.

officeguy

I wonder what started this. My money is on him acting as a chaperone and telling the girl (or her middle school boyfriend) to stop doing whatever it was they were doing.

SamSpade

I wonder what started this. My money is on him acting as a chaperone and telling the girl (or her middle school boyfriend) to stop doing whatever it was they were doing.

That is EXACTLY what happened.

What I don't know is if she told her story to any authority or if she told her friends and they took it from there.

Hannibal

This is all another example of why I generally hate society and have a mistrust for most people. This incident is just another example that confirms my reservations when it comes to dealing with kids when there should be no such apprehension at all.

I am a father of three young kids (2G/1B) so having other young kids around is not uncommon. But I am always concerned about perception because wrong perceptions leads to accusations and now-a-days, accusations are the same as being guilty. Examples of how I refuse general common courtesy or avoid doing what should be something inconsequential in favor of protecting myself:

1. I live in a new (and being built) neighborhood where the bus drops off kids at the entrance (requiring some kids to walk a good distance if not picked up). Aside from my neighbor, I will not pick up other kids I see walking home ..... even in bad/very cold weather .... if I pass them on my way home. Even friends of my kids.

2. I do not drive home any female babysitters. This essentially guarantees my wife is the designated driver because she can't drink knowing she will have to drive someone home. Sounds a bit trivial but getting a night away from the kids and being handcuffed in letting loose can be a bit frustrating for her. This often means I don't partake as well which is fine. But I generally feel bad for her.

3. Just the other day, I was asked to bring home a neighbors daughter (6) with my daughter following Girls Scouts. My two youngest are in car seats. This girl was used to a booster but I didn't have one so she had to suck it up for a 5 minute drive. That being said, she was having trouble securing all the buckles (5-point). I first asked my daughter to help her but she was unable so next thing you know, I am having to do it. And again, as trivial as it sounds, I am having to ever so delicately navigate these buckles and straps around this young girls crotch. And as dumb as that sounds, my biggest fear is that my hand will bump into her in the most harmless of ways and that being passed along to her parents. Again, sounds dumb, but that's not unheard of now-a-days.

4. I grew up in a time (I'm 40 BTW) where as kids, you ran from house to house and played. You'd be in one door and out the other to the next house. I am always a bit on edge when the neighborhood kids show up and my kids are asking if they can come in. With my two youngest being girls, this means a lot of other little girls. And while I know their parents, it is a new house/neighborhood so I can't say we know each other well. As such, when my wife isn't around, I usually decline having kids in the house. Or, if the parents are around (sometimes they will text and ask "Is it OK that they're over there?" or something to that affect, I usually write back/respond that it is but note my wife is out grocery shopping and that I'm manning the house solo.

To be honest, it infuriates me that this is how it is. On one hand, I am pissed I have to manage things in this way but on the other hand, I know its worth it as the simple rumor and/or accusation can bring your world crumbling down without the slightest bit of truth to support it. This is the world we live in unfortunately.

Erk

What I don't know is if she told her story to any authority or if she told her friends and they took it from there.

This was my first guess at what the story would be. He reprimanded her for *something* so this was her response.

officeguy

'But she loves him!' and 'adults just don't understand'.

What a rotten deal. My wife used to volunteer me for things like school field trips. As the kids get older, the 'problem kids' are becoming a bigger problem. You can't tell them anything (no little Mikey you are not going back to the museum cafeteria) but if they got lost from the group it would be your fault as the chaperone. Told my wife not to volunteer me for any trips, dances or sports events. Too much to lose.

PeoplesElbow

'But she loves him!' and 'adults just don't understand'.

What a rotten deal. My wife used to volunteer me for things like school field trips. As the kids get older, the 'problem kids' are becoming a bigger problem. You can't tell them anything (no little Mikey you are not going back to the museum cafeteria) but if they got lost from the group it would be your fault as the chaperone. Told my wife not to volunteer me for any trips, dances or sports events. Too much to lose.

I think the school should cancel all activities like this and make it clear why. She will be most popular after that.

PeoplesElbow

Why do you think people feel the need to give out peoples address etc for something like this? Remember when Spike Lee gave out the address to the wrong George Zimmerman a few years back?

I think these people are cowards and want someone else to harm these people in the thought that they will have no responsibility in it.

BernieP

Resident PIA
I think the school should cancel all activities like this and make it clear why. She will be most popular after that.

they won't have to, no adult is going to volunteer, that includes teachers and administrators.

In fact, I think the base should cancel operation graduation. I would not put my people at risk with a bunch of teenagers who can't be held accountable.
Let their parents host the parties

BernieP

Resident PIA
Still a couple of hold-outs in the comments...

If these people would only stop skipping jury duty the state could convict Jesus Christ on child molestation charges for laying on hands with only the word of someone not in attendance.