Trump to roll back LGBT protections in Obamacare

seven

Where do you come up with this insanity?

It was literally in the quote from the article that you quoted. It said nothing about abortion , or DNC's

Try reading it again very slowly.

"A sweeping 2016 final rule from the Obama administration prohibited healthcare providers and insurers who receive federal money from denying treatment or coverage to anyone based on sex, gender identity, or termination of pregnancy, among other conditions.

It also required doctors and hospitals to provide “medically necessary” services to transgender individuals, as long as those services were the same ones provided to others. "

She's a hot mess!

:killingme

hotbikermama40

It was literally in the quote from the article that you quoted. It said nothing about abortion , or DNC's

"A sweeping 2016 final rule from the Obama administration prohibited healthcare providers and insurers who receive federal money from denying treatment or coverage to anyone based on sex, gender identity, or termination of pregnancy, among other conditions.

It also required doctors and hospitals to provide “medically necessary” services to transgender individuals, as long as those services were the same ones provided to others."

While in your case, an argument for late term abortion can still be made...

Last edited:

Bird Dog

Bird Dog
PREMO Member
I would like to see a link to some " one" Doctor town, where the doctor refused life saving treatment because the patient was gay.

Another windmill fight from our resident snowflake.

This_person

The Article said:
Trump expected to roll back LGBT protections in ObamaCare
© Getty
The Trump administration appears poised to roll back ObamaCare’s anti-discrimination protections for transgender patients, a move that has activist groups girding for a fight.

A proposed rule from the Department of Health and Human Services is expected to be released in the coming weeks or months that opponents say would make it easier for doctors and hospitals to deny treatment to transgender patients and women who have had abortions.

The proposed rule is expected to roll back a controversial anti-discrimination provision buried within ObamaCare.

Religious providers say they expect the Trump administration’s rule would merely reinforce their right not to provide treatment that's against their beliefs.

Advocacy groups like the ACLU and Lambda Legal acknowledge they haven’t seen the proposed rule, but say administration officials have made their plans clear.

President Trump repeatedly pledged support for the LGBT community when he ran for office, including during his speech at the Republican convention.

But LGBT advocates say the president’s words increasingly ring hollow after his actions to revoke civil rights protections for gay and lesbian troops and ban transgender people from the military.

“We are deeply concerned,” said Sasha Buchert, a staff attorney at Lambda Legal. “DOJ has already shown its hand... [W]e stand ready to respond.”

“I don’t think they [HHS] are going to have an easy time … and we’ll make sure they hear every objection and justify what they’re doing,” said Joshua Block, a senior staff attorney at the ACLU, said.

A sweeping 2016 final rule from the Obama administration prohibited healthcare providers and insurers who receive federal money from denying treatment or coverage to anyone based on sex, gender identity, or termination of pregnancy, among other conditions.

It also required doctors and hospitals to provide “medically necessary” services to transgender individuals, as long as those services were the same ones provided to others.

That rule was challenged in court by a group of Christian providers called the Franciscan Alliance. They argue the rule forces insurers to pay for abortions and compels doctors to perform gender transition services, even if the services are against their medical judgment.

The Alliance won that case, and a Texas district court judge issued a nationwide injunction blocking the gender identity and pregnancy termination provisions from taking effect.

Sex-transition services and over 95% of abortions are not medically necessary. They are elective procedures.

I do believe if a person who is unsure whether or not they have a penis is actually having a heart attack, no medical center should turn away medical care for that person. However, if a person wants a cutadickoffamy, they can go find one where people are willing to perform it.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Sorry Fascist EVERYONE has a CHOICE

This ^^^

But by gawd, if some loser on prog media tells Sappy he has no choice of doctors (or bakers, or wedding officiants, or toilets, or or or), that's what he's going to gobble and barf back up. Mindless.

somdwatch

Oh yeah and LGBT kids are only born in the middle of West Hollywood. What are you taking about? Why don't you think about that?

As usual you talk about stuff you have no idea about like you are an expert.

A doctor can be an important person to talk if your parents aren't supportive and you are in a small town.

No one told me to be outraged but I am outraged that a doctors " moral opposition" to the way someone was born supersedes a person basic right to good healthcare.

You should be outraged too.

And the bolded text is your basic presumption that it's a basic right. Show me in writing where Healthcare is a Basic Right (Unalienable).

This_person

That's the Single Most Abused clause in the Constitution.

On another note... When did Inalienable become Unalienable?

They are variants of the same word. "Unalienable" is the word as used in the Declaration of Independence. Generally speaking, "unalienable" is used more in legal circles.

Health care, like pretty much everything, is actually a right. The tenth amendment promises it to you. Nothing, however, promises that someone will provide it for you, or give it to you, or be responsible for you getting it.

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member

It also required doctors and hospitals to provide “medically necessary” services to transgender individuals, as long as those services were the same ones provided to others. "
and a sweeping new 2017 rule by the Trump administration completelely neutered that rule, I find that kind of amusing.

hotbikermama40

So go for the not clever joke when you are proven wrong.

You are so predictable.

Oh do please show me where I'm proven wrong? Because on three things, I believe I was clearly, and cleverly, too, very correct:
1. Sex change operations are not medically necessary
2. Elective abortions are not medically necessary
3. In your case, an argument for late-term abortion could be made
I'd high-five Pres. Trump if I could. If you want a cutadickoffame (credit: TP) or a plantapoleinme (does this have your blessing, TP?) - or you want to terminate your pregnancy because "now's just not a good time" or "my parents will kill me" or for whatever reason that has zero to do with being a medical danger to you if it continues...fine. But I'm sick of paying for that. You're crying foul over a baker not baking a cake? Get ready to go nuckin' futz, then, Yappy - cause Mr. President is righting a lot of wrongs, and this is just one of them.