Waldorf Mall....in the afternoon

itsbob said:
Nope, I believe it. Not hard to hit someone and run if you think you are going to get away with it.. It was probably done on a dare.
Especially if they managed to knock the wind out of you, but they would have to get pretty close and your radar should be up and working by that time.

bresamil

wandering aimlessly
I learned years ago - back when there was a Landover Mall - to always wear a whistle to the mall. I'm talking a nice loud coach's whistle. I almost had a purse stolen there and had a hard time getting the attention of the guards. Luckily a few shoppers yelled out and the guy gave up and ran. One of the guards told me that a whistle was a sure way to get attention from security/police and anyone else that can help. I've worn one when mall shopping ever since.

mAlice

professional daydreamer
Qurious said:
You answered your own questions as to why your a b!tch...

B!tch.

Because I agree with describing someone as they look and/or behave? :rolleyes:

You just can't answer why you called me a b!tch in the first place. :loser:

AndyMarquisLIVE

blazinlow89 said:
I was just up there saturday with my girl friend and we had one of these groups of black girls walking, well one was texting and il be a good person and try and move if i can but on the edge there was a group of hoodlums and i wasnt going to let my girl get next to them #######s. She runs into me and i drop my bag and she sits there you better watch where your going. SO i yell at here for a min and shrug it off. WEll the same group of girls is walking the other way as we where leaving so i give my girl the bags and as we are walking by i trip the little #####. She started yelling shes going to sue me for this and that, i have never called anyone a racial name until that night, but i think i scared most of the hoodlums cause ive never seen them leave a place so fast when something is going on.

I cant stand it though its even worse when you are trying to drive and they act like the road is theres. I havent had too many problems with the male hoodlums as it is the female ones. I think the male ones are scared when they see a 280lbs 6' hispanic walking around.
Saturday was when I had my problem. That girl that ran right into me, I was just like "Excuse me ######, where you in a big hurry to go?"

itsbob

I bowl overhand
Qurious said:
Lets pleaseeeeeeee not put a color on these kids.

If thats the case everytime I see a Columbine Shooter double I should run for my life in the mall - GET REAL :rolleyes:

I never have problems when I go there, its a great place to shop. I see security all over the place from the parking lots, to the food courts to just standing by the elevators and escalators. They don't tolerate loitering....you have to "keep it moving."

Alot of people just like to over exaggerate their experiances to get sympathy, in which this case - i have none.

What is this like the 11th thread on St Charles Mall being violent ghetto and a horrible place to shop???!!! The same experiances I have there are the same I experiance at Bowie Town Center, Tysons Corner & Springfield Mall.....all good ones.

Don't know, we were just there Saturday afternoon and I don't recall seeing ANY security the whole time we were there. I don't like the mall anyways, and would rather go to Ann Arundel or Annapolis.

Sitting in the food court eating my Sarku Extra Teriyaki Chicken and mushrooms, steamed rice w/ vegetables, w/ extra sauce I noticed the horrific background noise.. unending echoing off of the walls.. and basically said "It's the food court, it's busy, lot of noise" but when walking on the lower level it was no better. A LOT of background noise no matter where I was in the mall, unless I was in a store. Just uncomfortable, poor design.

DawnK

Mostly known as a BIOTCH
I've got an even better idea... If you don't like the Waldorf mall or it causes too much anxiety, DON'T GO THERE! Go to Annapolis or Springfield. Simple as that. You know that THAT mall doesn't have the greatest of security and alot of the peeps that go there are kids and not kids that have good upbringing either.

Eventually it will turn into what Landover used to be and Iverson...

Qurious

Im On 1.
Nucklesack said:
Well since this is Souther Maryland Community Forums i think articles about St Charles are appropriate.

If we were PG Community Forums or the Norther VA community forums i'm sure you'd get the same type of stories about Bowie, Tysons or Springfield.

nothing is wrong about discussing the mall. But I really do think parents in general are paranoid and over reacting as to how bad this mall really is.

Anyone been to Green Acres mall in Queens? I guess thats why I'm not really seeing this mall as being THAT BAD....

plus when I was a teenager the same things I see now is the same things I Did back then...hang out at the mall in a group with my friends....it may not look too good to families there with their kids...but we weren't causing any trouble....

but its obvious any group of black kids in a mall with hats to the back, a pip in their step carrying a Up Against the Wall Bag vs. a Abercrombie & Fitch bag will get judged.

AndyMarquisLIVE

itsbob said:
Don't know, we were just there Saturday afternoon and I don't recall seeing ANY security the whole time we were there. I don't like the mall anyways, and would rather go to Ann Arundel or Annapolis.

Sitting in the food court eating my Sarku Extra Teriyaki Chicken and mushrooms, steamed rice w/ vegetables, w/ extra sauce I noticed the horrific background noise.. unending echoing off of the walls.. and basically said "It's the food court, it's busy, lot of noise" but when walking on the lower level it was no better. A LOT of background noise no matter where I was in the mall, unless I was in a store. Just uncomfortable, poor design.
And of course the NEXTEL chirp every 5 second that send me looking to my cell phone and, guess what, not mine! What's the problem with putting the phone to your effing ear?

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Our little mall up here started going ghetto a few years ago, to the point they started losing all the good stores (which means they lost all the people who wanted to shop in those stores).

So they "cleaned it up", brought in a Boscov's and the Home Depot, renovated the inside, etc. The only problem was they forgot to add security so people could shop without being menaced by the punks.

So now, two years after this expensive renovation, the mall is worse than it was before and filled with $5 clothing places, Hispanic culture shops, dollar stores and crap like that. I always wondered why the Home Depot didn't open into the mall - it's walled off and you have to use the main entrance around the side. The reason they did that is because they don't want the mall trash in their store, stealing crap and causing problems.

So vote with your dollar - don't go to the Waldorf Mall. Let the thugs have it and who cares?

AndyMarquisLIVE

Qurious said:
but its obvious any group of black kids in a mall with hats to the back, a pip in their step carrying a Up Against the Wall Bag vs. a Abercrombie & Fitch bag will get judged.
:rolleyes: Has nothing to do with that.

I've seen people of both races, black and white, causes problems up there. The specific group of people who gave me problems (and evidently it's the same people that gave someone else problems) were a bunch of 14-17 year-old black girls.

Calvert newbie

bresamil said:
I learned years ago - back when there was a Landover Mall - to always wear a whistle to the mall. I'm talking a nice loud coach's whistle. I almost had a purse stolen there and had a hard time getting the attention of the guards. Luckily a few shoppers yelled out and the guy gave up and ran. One of the guards told me that a whistle was a sure way to get attention from security/police and anyone else that can help. I've worn one when mall shopping ever since.

Better off to wear a gun

mAlice

professional daydreamer
Qurious said:

The original poster didn't say anything about skin color.