What is Islam?

Bustem' Down

Give Peas a Chance
vraiblonde said:
I agree with this. But when you align yourself with a highly visible group that is making daily news for their violence, you're going to get painted with the same brush. Especially if you don't actively condemn it.
Do we paint all Catholics with the IRA brush?

abdulhaqq

dustin said:
Abdulhagg,

Realistically, all you're gonna do is piss people off here. I suggest spending your time elsewhere with your family or whatever else.

Peace, love, and chicken grease

Dear Dustin

I don't see why attempting to correct stereotypes about my faith should make people angry. I'm not spreading lies or misinformation, I'm asking people to be objective and to see if their perceptions of Islam are grounded on reasonable investigatory methods or if its a result of blind fanatical hatred.

It would be a disservice to my faith and country to not do everything within my abilities to correct such stereotypes.

As I stated above, Muslims are fighting it out in the trenches in the war on terrorism. The Iraqi death toll is estimated to be something like 665,000. The lowest estimate is 300,000. Those people are the true fighters against terrorism.

Yet, we have some people here who have the audacity to tell such people who have given up their property and lives in fighting against terrorism that they themselves are terrorists?

What is fanaticism if not this?

I'm not here to convert people. I'm not here to get people to say "Islam is great". I'm here to make sure that people have a proper understanding of Islam and if they want to make negative conclusions, they should at least be based on logical methods and evidence instead of blind rage and hatred.

With Peace,
Abdulhaqq

Mikeinsmd

Bustem' Down said:
That Islam is a peaceful religion that fanatics have skewed. Exactly what you have been screaming for since 9/11 and all you can do is spew hate filled remarks.
That riiiight thur is funny and I dun kur who ya are... :killingme :killingme

Please forgive my hate filled remarks. Wait, don't forgive them because I don't care. :lmao: I have plenty more!! :biggrin:

vincenzo4

Chicken Grease

Thanks for the warning. The constitution is a passion of mine, and he deserves to see his thoughts fliurish here like all of you. Humble thineself and be grateful that you haven't lost all your family in Baghdad, and don;y have the anxiety of your tomorrows hanging on every word of those struggling to save your life while getting little support if any from home.

The soldier watches the news, they see what everyone his is doing, pulling their support and are basically disinterested.

Speak freely Abdulhagg, you deserve the same warmth of sun that me and my colleaguges lives have selfishly provided for my almost 30 years service.

Deeply I plead for perspective and justice and love and compassion.

Support us, have faith with us, love us and do not let another American life drop because of cowardice.

Abdulhagg, I am convinced you are here for the same thing. Welcome.

dustin said:
Abdulhagg,

Realistically, all you're gonna do is piss people off here. I suggest spending your time elsewhere with your family or whatever else.

Peace, love, and chicken grease

Pete

Repete
abdulhaqq said:
Pete,

I'm beginning to think that you can't read. I wrote a rather extensively response immediately above your own that addressed this exact topic.

If you are truly objective and academically honest, you would have taken the time to read the response. You've just made yourself look illiterate, uneducated, and overzealous.

Whose being 'irrational' and 'medieval' now?

with peace,

Abdulhaqq
What about you, right here in a public forum denounce those who commit attrocities against innocent women, children and men simply because they are Jewish, Western or Christian. And call them the blood thirsty barbarians that they are.

Then explain this.

...whoever kills a soul - unless for a soul[1] or for corruption [done] in the land[2] - it is as if he had slain mankind entirely. And, whoever saves one, it is as if he had saved mankind entirely." [Qur'an, 5:32]
Does "killing for a soul" include the indescriminant killing of people because they do not follow Allah? Does it allow death warrants be issued against the likes of Van Gogh and Rushdie? Why are they not issuing death warrants on Bin Laden, Al Zarhawi? Why didn't they issue a death warrant on Arrafat for masterminding the murder of the Isreali atheltes in Munich? Why are they not hunting down the leadership in Iran who spend millions to arm Hezbola so they can kill women and children?

Among mankind is he whose speech impresses you in worldly life, and he calls Allah to witness as to what is in his heart, yet he is the fiercest of opponents. And, when he goes away, he strives throughout the land to cause corruption therein, and to destroy crops[7] and lives[8]. And Allah does not love corruption." [Qur'an, 2:204-5]
What about the hundreds and thousands of Palestinians who burned, destroyed and layed waste to Gaza when the Isrealis left in accordance with a peace deal brokered with the PLO? What about the kidnappings? What about the rocket attacks by Hamas from Lebanon? These are hardly the acts of one or two misguided souls, it is organized terrorism in the name of Islam to erradicate the Jewish state.

"Stop, O people, that I may give you ten rules for your guidance in the battlefield. Do not commit treachery or deviate from the right path. You must not mutilate dead bodies. Neither kill a child, nor a woman. nor an aged man. Bring no harm to the trees, nor burn them with fire, especially those which are fruitful. Slay not any of the enemy's flock. save for your food. You are likely to pass by people who have devoted their lives to monastic services; leave them alone"
If this is true the attacks from Lebanon, the attrocities commited by the Taliban, and Usama Bin Laden shouls have ALL drawn the most vocal and strongest condemnation by the leaders of Islam. We hear nothing but whining about the design of a logo on an ice cream cone sold in Britan or a book or cartoon in a newspaper. Where are the leaders of Islam?

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
vincenzo4 said:
Americans have a death wish, and the coming election might prove me quite correct.
Your average American isn't that much different than your average Iraqi. They want to live their lives without threat. If they think that electing a Democrat who will pull troops out of Islamic nations right now and stop the violence, they'll do it. Never mind that this only encourages the terrorists because now they know what works - blow up a few things and your enemy will back down in fear.

Why do you suppose there are so many foreign Muslims in this country? They leave their homeland to come here and live - why?

Do Americans leave the US in droves for Iran, Iraq, Turkey, Pakistan, etc? If not, why not?

Abdul, are you here in the US? If so, why? And what is your native country? And why did you leave it?

abdulhaqq

Mikeinsmd said:
Dear camel jockey,

I have no desire to discuss your warped religion with you or anyone else. I do have a desire to kill as many of you as I can. Deal with it!

Yours in disgust,

A real Patriot :patriot:

Dear Mikinsmd,

Ahh, the fact that you can't respond intellectually is a sign of your own weakness, not of Islam of Muslims. If you were truly capable of an intellectual refutation of Islam, you would've presented it. Instead, you've relied upon bigoted statements and irrational conclusions, even in the face of stark evidence that irresistibly refutes your claims.

If you want to look ignorant and irrational, be my guest.

However, you shouldn't dare attempt to portray your illogical hatred as being "patriotic" or "American".

Many American Muslims are just as equally patriotic. Muslims have fought in the revolutionary war, the war of 1812, the civil war, just like they are fighting in the war on terrorism.

I sincerely hope you don't advocate the mass genocide of peaceful citizens just because they are of a different faith.

Are you sure you aren't a terrorist yourself?

With Peace,
Abdulhaqq

dustin

UAIOE
abdulhaqq said:
Dear Dustin

I don't see why attempting to correct stereotypes about my faith should make people angry. I'm not spreading lies or misinformation, I'm asking people to be objective and to see if their perceptions of Islam are grounded on reasonable investigatory methods or if its a result of blind fanatical hatred....
your barking up the wrong tree man

Just consider yourself warned. Dustin. Out.

Mikeinsmd

vraiblonde said:
That's ignorant. If you met Abdul in real life, you wouldn't kill him or anyone else.
I didn't say I'd kill him. I said I have a desire to kill as many islamists as I can. And I meant it.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
dustin said:
your barking up the wrong tree man

Just consider yourself warned. Dustin. Out.
I disagree. It's refreshing to have a conversation with someone with a different viewpoint. And not some dippy liberal who doesn't know anything about it and is just talking out their rump, but someone who actually walks the walk.

Weclome to the forums, Abdul, even though I disagree with you on several points. It's interesting to get a different take on things.

Mikeinsmd

abdulhaqq said:
Dear Mikinsmd,:blahblah: Are you sure you aren't a terrorist yourself?
With Peace,
Abdulhaqq
I told you I have no desire to debate your effed up religion. I know I what I am, do you?

Why don't you be a good lil terrorist and answer Vrai's question now. :tap:

abdulhaqq

Pete said:
What about you, right here in a public forum denounce those who commit attrocities against innocent women, children and men simply because they are Jewish, Western or Christian. And call them the blood thirsty barbarians that they are.

Then explain this.

Does "killing for a soul" include the indescriminant killing of people because they do not follow Allah? Does it allow death warrants be issued against the likes of Van Gogh and Rushdie? Why are they not issuing death warrants on Bin Laden, Al Zarhawi? Why didn't they issue a death warrant on Arrafat for masterminding the murder of the Isreali atheltes in Munich? Why are they not hunting down the leadership in Iran who spend millions to arm Hezbola so they can kill women and children?

What about the hundreds and thousands of Palestinians who burned, destroyed and layed waste to Gaza when the Isrealis left in accordance with a peace deal brokered with the PLO? What about the kidnappings? What about the rocket attacks by Hamas from Lebanon? These are hardly the acts of one or two misguided souls, it is organized terrorism in the name of Islam to erradicate the Jewish state.

If this is true the attacks from Lebanon, the attrocities commited by the Taliban, and Usama Bin Laden shouls have ALL drawn the most vocal and strongest condemnation by the leaders of Islam. We hear nothing but whining about the design of a logo on an ice cream cone sold in Britan or a book or cartoon in a newspaper. Where are the leaders of Islam?

Dear Pete,

Please refer to the third post which clearly and unequivocally condemned terrorism and suicide bombing and actually provided a list of sources from various Islamic texts such as the Qur'an and also contained a plethora of fatwas from Muslim jurists who have condemned terrorism.

Terrorism is barbaric, whether it is done by Palestinians, Iranians, Iraqis, Pakistanis, or Chechens. It is not about race, it is about the act.

As I stated above, the verse that I quoted from the Qur'an has taken two interpretations for 'corruption'. There are only two exceptions to the prohibition of taking of life: the first is in criminal acts; therefore Islam sanctions capital punishment against people who are causing corruption. As I stated above, this verse includes terrorists. Therefore, the punishment for terrorism in Islam is the death penalty Would you disagree with this or do you agree with this? I don't see what you aren't getting about this interpretation. The second exception to the prohibition of taking a life is with regards to just war. Islam permits warfare under certain conditions but, just like the Geneva Convention, places prohibition on attacking unarmed civilians and the destruction of property. Thus, the verse clearly condemns terrorism. I don't see why you're having such a hard time accepting the literal interpretation of a verse.

Also, I literally condemned terrorism in the third post. Either you haven't read it or are just choosing to ignore it. Either way, it reflects badly on your powers of observation and cognition.

With Peace,
Abdulhaqq

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Mikeinsmd said:
I didn't say I'd kill him. I said I have a desire to kill as many islamists as I can. And I meant it.
So you walk up to the clerk at the 7-11 and wish him harm? Get a cab in DC and have a desire to kill your driver? Fume when you drive past the mosque on Rt. 4?

That's just silly.

Mikeinsmd

vraiblonde said:
So you walk up to the clerk at the 7-11 and wish him harm? Get a cab in DC and have a desire to kill your driver? Fume when you drive past the mosque on Rt. 4?

That's just silly.
Consider who you're talking to..... :biggrin:

abdulhaqq

vraiblonde said:
Your average American isn't that much different than your average Iraqi. They want to live their lives without threat. If they think that electing a Democrat who will pull troops out of Islamic nations right now and stop the violence, they'll do it. Never mind that this only encourages the terrorists because now they know what works - blow up a few things and your enemy will back down in fear.

Why do you suppose there are so many foreign Muslims in this country? They leave their homeland to come here and live - why?

Do Americans leave the US in droves for Iran, Iraq, Turkey, Pakistan, etc? If not, why not?

Abdul, are you here in the US? If so, why? And what is your native country? And why did you leave it?

I'm not sure that I agree with your assessment that most Muslims in America are foreign. If you see the other thread I created dedicated to "Muslims in American History", you'll have to recognize the fact that although a lot of Muslims in America are immigrants, they aren't the majority.

People come to America because its a land of freedom and opportunity. I don't see a problem with people migrating here because of that.

Yes, I'm in the US, I live in Maryland and America is my native country. I was born an American, I'll live as an American, and I'll die as an American.

With Peace

Abdulhaqq

Pete

Repete
vincenzo4 said:
Ma Salaam my friend. I have experienced the same dissonance with the local talent here. They read what they want, and read into it what they desire.

I agree with your assertions of Islam. What your religion is experiencing is a hostage taking of your faith, your home and heart by murderers. This global jihad is not at the hands of the huddled and embattled family of three trying to raise a decent family in Baghdad.

This is nothing but another cycle of a sect of humanity who wants to rule the world and is using a religious faith to drive it on.

I know many of your faith personally who despise the bloodletting, who have lost family and friends repeatedly, and yet their courage to help with this war is courage many of these people could do well to emulate.

Vincenzo
This is a lie. I read newspapers, I watch the video of bombed out buildings and the scattered bodies of women and children from a suicide attack, I watch video of Muslims in Egypt, Syria, and Iran cheering and dancing in the streets when the space shuttle blew up over Texas. I see video of Nick Berg and Daniel Pearl when their heads were sawn off, I watched and saw craters in an Israeli street from a Hezbollah rocket, I see the families of Israeli soldiers beg for them to be released by Hamas, I see the body counts in Baghdad when Sunni hit squads behead and leave piles of ####e bodies in alleys, I read books about how the Syrians, Jordanians, Egyptians all attacked Israel several times without warning or provocation.

You will have to excuse me if I am not convinced when one person comes in heralding the "virtue" of Islam when there are daily examples that it is not the peaceful religion of tolerance he claims it to be.

If this global jihad was not the bidding of Islam as a whole where are the leaders of Islam in Iraq, Iran, Saudi Arabia, Jordan, Syria, Palestine, and why are they not calling in the loudest voice possible for it to end? Why are they not hunting down the bad actors who have "hijacked" their religion of peace? When is the last time you have seen a cleric or a terrorist captured in an Islamic country?

I say they are silent and sit on their hands because they not only condone it, they sponsor it, and cloaked behind the walls of their mosques they clap in glee at every attack. I have seen no "actions" that refute my opinion, only the occasional denial with words.