What Is Mormonism? A Baptist Answer

fredcaudle

i asked because you claimed it wasnt because of religion....

and my mom told me not to discuss religion or politics with friends, you are not a friend, just a religious bigot.
You must enjoy spending your waking hours with bigots then. How's your mirror looking?

itsbob

I bowl overhand
Did your mother ever tell you it is not polite to ask such personal questions about who they will vote for?????

Election is a ways off... I'm researching at present. I have made no decision as to who I will vote for. As to Romney, you know why I'm not going to vote for him or you wouldn't have asked the question. BUT do you know ALL the reasons? Of course you don't, because you would rather sit there and sip your hypocritical nonscense.

So you admit you won't vote for him because he's a Mormon??

What if he was Gay?

Or Black?

fredcaudle

ok smarty, show me where i said i must be right and you must be wrong....
If you say, "I have to be right", as you have... then, tell me... how do you know that? I've never said that... you implied it by my messages. Now, since I disagree with you if you come back and say I'm wrong... does that mean only YOU can be right???? If you believe I'm wrong... you must believe you are right. Or why in the world say it to begin with???

tommyjones

If you say, "I have to be right", as you have... then, tell me... how do you know that? I've never said that... you implied it by my messages. Now, since I disagree with you if you come back and say I'm wrong... does that mean only YOU can be right???? If you believe I'm wrong... you must believe you are right. Or why in the world say it to begin with???

i have never said i was right or that you are wrong, only that you are intolerant and a bigot.

hey, for all i know god is a bigot too

fredcaudle

So you admit you won't vote for him because he's a Mormon??

What if he was Gay?

Or Black?
Hey, itsbob... if you love the guy vote for him. Why are you judging me with such personal questions. If I throw it out there for a discussion as to why I WON'T vote for him... then criticize. But to lie to everyone reading that these are my "possible" reasons for not voting is not debate or discussion. At present, I have said no to him and that elections a long way off. Get out of your Ivory tower and live a little. The world isn't that bad... or is it for you?

fredcaudle

i have never said i was right or that you are wrong, only that you are intolerant and a bigot.

hey, for all i know god is a bigot too
So if I'm not intolerant or a bigot... are you wrong or right? What is your wisdom... please share. You must have all the answers.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
Hey, itsbob... if you love the guy vote for him. Why are you judging me with such personal questions. If I throw it out there for a discussion as to why I WON'T vote for him... then criticize. But to lie to everyone reading that these are my "possible" reasons for not voting is not debate or discussion. At present, I have said no to him and that elections a long way off. Get out of your Ivory tower and live a little. The world isn't that bad... or is it for you?

Are you saying your church (Baptist) hasn't supplied you with a list of acceptable candidates? Those that are Christian enough like us to vote for?

tommyjones

So if I'm not intolerant or a bigot... are you wrong or right? What is your wisdom... please share. You must have all the answers.

oh no, i am right about that, you are an intolerant bigot, i just make no claims as to the validity of your or anyone else's religious beliefs.

fredcaudle

Are you saying your church (Baptist) hasn't supplied you with a list of acceptable candidates? Those that are Christian enough like us to vote for?
No... we haven't had time to go out and whip and beat people for the truth yet. But it is still almost a year away... when we get the list I will share it with you.

Foolishness breads foolishness. Our "list" is every candidate regardless of party and what they believe on all the mainline issues. It is not completed yet as it is too early to know all the candidates speak for or against. If you truly think Southern Baptists vote as one voice you are completely in the dark. Do we tend to go for the same candidates... not always, Bill Clinton was a good example of that.

Never darken the doorway to a church, but so quickly you espouse wisdom as to who we are.

You say: i just make no claims as to the validity of your or anyone else's religious beliefs.
Gee, I wonder what you meant by bigot or intolerant... guess you meant to say "have a nice day because I don't claim the validness of what you say."

itsbob

I bowl overhand
No... we haven't had time to go out and whip and beat people for the truth yet. But it is still almost a year away... when we get the list I will share it with you.

As stated above I've already read the list of "Christians like us".. You can find it online if your local pastor was remiss in his duties..

fredcaudle

As stated above I've already read the list of "Christians like us".. You can find it online if your local pastor was remiss in his duties..
I don't need a list... but thank you.

You probably have no idea that a Baptist church is "autonomous"... but you might want to find out that Baptist don't have a "head leadership body" like most other religions. Local baptist churches are lead by the sole leadership of Jesus Christ and His Spirit. So, when you speak lists... you need to understand the governing authority to a local baptist church is not in a man... convention, preacher, deacon, or any other such man (men)... Does the convention supply material... sure, but the convention cannot dictate to any local body of baptist believers.

But, I'm sure you knew that since you are an expert in anti-religion arguments.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
I don't need a list... but thank you.

You probably have no idea that a Baptist church is "autonomous"... but you might want to find out that Baptist don't have a "head leadership body" like most other religions. Local baptist churches are lead by the sole leadership of Jesus Christ and His Spirit. So, when you speak lists... you need to understand the governing authority to a local baptist church is not in a man... convention, preacher, deacon, or any other such man (men)... Does the convention supply material... sure, but the convention cannot dictate to any local body of baptist believers.

But, I'm sure you knew that since you are an expert in anti-religion arguments.

No, I don't pretend to know everything, or much of anything about baptists.. I'm not one..

The same way i don't expect to learn anything truthful about Mormons from a Baptist..

MMDad

Lem Putt
Bob, you know that he is his "local pastor" right? He's the one responsible for telling his sheep that they shouldn't vote for Romney because he's "not like us."

You might as well give up on him. He's thoroughly indoctrinated and will never listen to reason. He believes his bias, bigotry, intolerance, and hate are all justified because his book says so.

fredcaudle

Bob, you know that he is his "local pastor" right? He's the one responsible for telling his sheep that they shouldn't vote for Romney because he's "not like us."

You might as well give up on him. He's thoroughly indoctrinated and will never listen to reason. He believes his bias, bigotry, intolerance, and hate are all justified because his book says so.
Thank you for the assumption of "telling my sheep".

And yes, I'm thoroughly indoctrinated into Jesus Christ.