What Is Mormonism? A Baptist Answer

fredcaudle

I got one more gripe..

The baptists spend a lot of time picketing, protesting, and discrediting other churches.

Why aren't they policing their own?

Why haven't we heard a SINGLE baptist, or a single local autonomous baptist church protest the Westboro Bapitst Churh?? Where are the Baptist counter protesters?? Or do you believe in the same, you just think it wiser to be silent about it??

Silence is implied consent..
SBC president, chaplains denounce military funeral protests

Might want to check your facts before speaking (typing). They (Westboro) are not "one of us"... as you like to hear us say.

tommyjones

Being local and autonomous, where does the "tithe" go? Do you get to pocket the entire congregations tithe?

Autonomous means the members under the leadership of Christ leads the church. Nice try on the "tithe"... You know that isn't true but in your hate for baptists you write lies to make people think this is the way it is.

well then what portion of the tithe stays in the local church to be dispersed and what portion is shared with the next level up? (and what would be the next level?)

fredcaudle

I thought you said the baptist Church has no "leadership" other than the local church and God?? What is the SBC!??

And how do you feel about the Westboro Baptists?
I've already stated in previous messages that I don't hate gays... The lifestyle is against the Word of God, and in the Word of God it is not for me to judge man... God does this. God judgment is based simply on do you believe Him and who He sent (Jesus Christ). For we have all sinned and fallen short of the glory of God.

Belief in God results in change. Someone doesn't want God's change... that is between them and God.

You asked why Baptist churches haven't spoken out... I showed where you were incorrect in that statement... this does not change what autonomy is.

Xaquin44

well then what portion of the tithe stays in the local church to be dispersed and what portion is shared with the next level up? (and what would be the next level?)

I'd hope it's all kept on record by the vestry.

If not, then they could run into problems.

Xaquin44

I've already stated in previous messages that I don't hate gays... The lifestyle is against the Word of God, and in the Word of God it is not for me to judge man... God does this. God judgment is based simply on do you believe Him and who He sent (Jesus Christ). For we have all sinned and fallen short of the glory of God.

Belief in God results in change. Someone doesn't want God's change... that is between them and God.

You asked why Baptist churches haven't spoken out... I showed where you were incorrect in that statement... this does not change what autonomy is.

you totally dodged that question lol

fredcaudle

Next level up????? You don't even believe in tithing... why are you concerned? This discussion on tithing makes no sense on this thread.

If you are trying to discredit churches (or mine)... go for it. We don't answer to man, we answer to God and so what are you trying to say we are "hiding" or doing that "bob" doesn't like?

itsbob

I bowl overhand
I doubt mormons would want to be at our convention... but are you asking if they have a convention and therefore have "hate" lists? Not sure to either answer, to be honest.

And you bring the Southern Baptist Convention (SBC) into an asnswer, yet you know nothing about it??
Don't the Southern and National Baptist Conventions have 'rallies'.. or meetings where people from within their boundaries gather? Any reports of Mormons, or 7th day Adventist picketing at these meetings??

And why do they pick on just the Mormons, 7th Days, and Scientologists..

Scientologists aren't trying to pass themselves off as Christians.. so why stop there?

Why limit the scope of hate? Don't you think you should be all inclusive.. jews, Hindu's.. Sikh.. There should be enough hate to go around for everyone.

fredcaudle

And you bring the Southern Baptist Convention (SBC) into an asnswer, yet you know nothing about it??
Don't the Southern and National Baptist Conventions have 'rallies'.. or meetings where people from within their boundaries gather? Any reports of Mormons, or 7th day Adventist picketing at these meetings??

And why do they pick on just the Mormons, 7th Days, and Scientologists..

Scientologists aren't trying to pass themselves off as Christians.. so why stop there?

Why limit the scope of hate? Don't you think you should be all inclusive.. jews, Hindu's.. Sikh.. There should be enough hate to go around for everyone.
Conventions... not rallies....

We are not about "groups" as you claim. Go do some more homework.

tommyjones

Next level up????? You don't even believe in tithing... why are you concerned? This discussion on tithing makes no sense on this thread.

If you are trying to discredit churches (or mine)... go for it. We don't answer to man, we answer to God and so what are you trying to say we are "hiding" or doing that "bob" doesn't like?

its quite interesting that you dont want to say where the money goes....

i dont really care because i dont give you ANY money, but i think its a perfectly legitamite question. Does all the money stay at the local level, if not what percent is kept at the local level?

fredcaudle

its quite interesting that you dont want to say where the money goes....

i dont really care because i dont give you ANY money, but i think its a perfectly legitamite question. Does all the money stay at the local level, if not what percent is kept at the local level?
If you really care, I can look... I don't hang out with the budget in order to give percentages.

We give locally (Christian based organization with like beliefs), we give to the cooperative in the state of Maryland, and we give nationally and worldwide through the SBC cooperative. We also have our own missionary trips we finance. We don't raise money through community activities, all comes through tithing and offerings.

Interesting line of questioning though. I guess.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
Conventions... not rallies....

We are not about "groups" as you claim. Go do some more homework.

Skipped that question altogether didn't you??

How many protesters at the last convention were Mormon?? Were there any protesters? Or were the Baptists allowed to meet in peace and enjoy each other's company and testimony without running a gauntlet of people calling them sinners, and liars, and telling them they were going to spend eternity burning hin hell?

fredcaudle

I'm sorry, I though it was you and yours out to discredit other churches..

Mormons deserve to rot in hell.. 7th day Adventists aren't Chrisitans.. etc etc..
You believe that about religions... not me. I simply stated who hold the doctrine we hold. You have gone beyond that, which is fine. I'm only answering so those who read will not think what you are saying is what I agree with.

fredcaudle

Skipped that question altogether didn't you??

How many protesters at the last convention were Mormon?? Were there any protesters? Or were the Baptists allowed to meet in peace and enjoy each other's company and testimony without running a gauntlet of people calling them sinners, and liars, and telling them they were going to spend eternity burning hin hell?
While I was there, I didn't see any protestors. Some years groups come out... there wasn't much discussion that other groups cared about in the last couple of years to protest.

I believe we live in America... if people want to protest, who is stopping them? As long as it is done per law everyone has a right, remember?