What Is Mormonism? A Baptist Answer

tommyjones

yeah, but when they come to my door to evangelize me and I share what I believe about Jesus... they say its not true and I need to listen to their beliefs. We are not worshipping the same God then by their confession, not mine.

Mormons don't need to evangelize Christians do they?????

christians do it all the time to other christians.......

why is it wrong for mormoms to tell you how they see it?

besides, they have the most current revalations from god, right? i mean they say they do.....

itsbob

I bowl overhand
Who cares what you find offensive or ignorant????? Can't handle comments, get off the page. And a person who does not believe in organized religion sure has no working knowledge to speak of religions...

Apparently I have more "working knowledge" of religion as a non-believer than you do as a "Chrsitian"..

I KONW what God the Mormons pray to, i also KNOW Jesus is the SAME Jesus you pray to.. but what makes them wrong is they don't have the same BELIEFS as you do..

Shall we tie them to the rack now, or do you want to wait for the first Sunday after the next full moon???

Toxick

Splat
You are wrong in who they pray to... I won't speak for a mormon... I know they don't pray to the God I pray too because a mormon shared his belief with me... and its not mine.

So you believe that the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints is referring to some other Jesus Christ?

Maybe that's the Jesus H. Christ I hear mentioned from time to time.

Who cares what you find offensive or ignorant????? Can't handle comments, get off the page.

Take your own advice Snippy McSnipperson.

And a person who does not believe in organized religion sure has no working knowledge to speak of religions...

:bs:

Just because you're not a member of a group does NOT mean that you cannot speak knowledgably about the subject. Why don't you come off your high-horse, loosen that knot in your britches, and lighten the #### up a little bit.

fredcaudle

I'm not realy fluent on Mormonism, i've read about the persecution they faced (for their beliefs) and its another example of Chritian Hypocrisy. But then i understood Mormons believe the Book of Mormon is another scripture of Jesus Christ to the Bible, which they also believe to be the word of God

But to say they are not Christian and that Jesus is not recognized as a deity (God) is laughable.

When i go to Mormon.org (that's a Mormon website btw) the first thing you see is Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. Seems they have the Christian part covered.

So then i think, well maybe they believe Jesus was a propeht or apostle, and not actually the Son of God, so I click the Link that says Jesus Christ : Our Savior.

Theres all kinds of verses about Jesus Christ being the Savior and the Lord Jesus Christ. Guess they have the Whole Jesus Deity/God thing covered too.

Maybe you should check out what Mormons say they believe, instead of getting your information secondhand? :shrug:

Or if you want you can continue to make incorrect claims about a belief that isnt yours?
Claims are made everyday... I look at what people write, say and then do. The three must agree to be a belief. If they say they are Christians... fine. If they say Jesus is Lord and have no other way to heaven.... great.

Their actions on my doorstep will then prove true, right?

You say I'm a hypocrite or whatever, that doesn't mean I actually am... it just means its your opinion. If I say they are not Christians or don't pray to the God I pray to it is my opinion. Each of us will be held accountable at the end anyway... so fire back some more opinions.

You are questioning what I believe and know without knowledge and in the same message saying I'm doing that to mormons with second hand knowledge. Maybe you should practice what you type....

fredcaudle

christians do it all the time to other christians.......

why is it wrong for mormoms to tell you how they see it?

besides, they have the most current revalations from god, right? i mean they say they do.....
Mormons tell me all the time what they think.... I haven't stop them have I???? You are the one that should ask yourself the same question about my statements of belief.

Toxick

Splat
You must of heard it in my voice, eh?

Voice inflection is not the only way to convey tone.

Hate is hate.. You can camouflage it anyway you want..

Don't look at me... I'm on your side on this one. I believe that Mormonism is a full-fledged Christian religion. I have my issues with it, and I don't believe in it, but I've never denied that they're a branch of Christianity.

And for the record, intolerance and ignorance doesn't always equal hatred.

tommyjones

Mormons tell me all the time what they think.... I haven't stop them have I???? You are the one that should ask yourself the same question about my statements of belief.

i have never said you or anyone else is praying to the wrong god, or in the wrong way.......

fredcaudle

Apparently I have more "working knowledge" of religion as a non-believer than you do as a "Chrsitian"..

I KONW what God the Mormons pray to, i also KNOW Jesus is the SAME Jesus you pray to.. but what makes them wrong is they don't have the same BELIEFS as you do..

Shall we tie them to the rack now, or do you want to wait for the first Sunday after the next full moon???
tieing them to the rack is what narrow minded people like you do.

Don't waste my time slinging garbage, list opinions and move on. When one of my opinions stick in your crawl, just say ouch and move on... this is what I do with your nonsense.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
Mormons don't need to evangelize Christians do they?????

didn't you just say you did the SAME thing..

You tried to EVANGELIZE them by bringing them in and telling them what you belive.. You could just say, no thank you, have a nice day.

fredcaudle

So you believe that the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints is referring to some other Jesus Christ?

Maybe that's the Jesus H. Christ I hear mentioned from time to time.

Take your own advice Snippy McSnipperson.

Just because you're not a member of a group does NOT mean that you cannot speak knowledgably about the subject. Why don't you come off your high-horse, loosen that knot in your britches, and lighten the #### up a little bit.
Can't do that, it would give you too much pleasure.

As often as others express their beliefs, I will express mine. That's called the American way... the country in which we live, remember?

itsbob

I bowl overhand
Voice inflection is not the only way to convey tone.

Don't look at me... I'm on your side on this one. I believe that Mormonism is a full-fledged Christian religion. I have my issues with it, and I don't believe in it, but I've never denied that they're a branch of Christianity.

And for the record, intolerance and ignorance doesn't always equal hatred.

Wasn't pointing any fingers at you..

My post was partly in jest.. well, at least the first line.

The rest was there for the masses.

Toxick

Splat
As often as others express their beliefs, I will express mine. That's called the American way... the country in which we live, remember?

Please do express your beliefs. I'm all for it.

I'm not the one who's saying "Who cares what you think!?!" and telling people to leave if they don't like it.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
tieing them to the rack is what narrow minded people like you do.

Don't waste my time slinging garbage, list opinions and move on. When one of my opinions stick in your crawl, just say ouch and move on... this is what I do with your nonsense.

I'M narrow minded??

Baptist PLEASE!!

What you are slinging, is it YOUR opinion or your churches opinion? Be honest now, you are a Christian after all..

Let me enlighten some.. How many times have Mormons come out and picketed ANY religous meeting or event that your church has had? ANY!??

How many Baptists show up in VT and NY EVERY year pushing their hate and propagande on whomever will listen and take a flyer??

How many Mormon "pieces" are there out there disparaging the Baptist religion.. vice versa??

Can a Mormon Attend a Baptist private school or University?? Can a Baptist attend BYU, or Ricks??

the list goes on and on..

It seems the Mormons are MORE Christian and receptive of others than YOUR Christians..

Last edited:

fredcaudle

didn't you just say you did the SAME thing..

You tried to EVANGELIZE them by bringing them in and telling them what you belive.. You could just say, no thank you, have a nice day.
that would be too easy... but they came to me, they should be able to handle me wasting their time as much as they waste mine.

tommyjones

I guess what you said about my beliefs don't count????? Oh, that's right, just towards mormons...

i never said that your beliefs were wrong OR that you pray wrong/to the wrong god.
I said i have a different understanding of christianity than you, but i am not saying you can't believe anyway you want

fredcaudle

i never said that your beliefs were wrong OR that you pray wrong/to the wrong god.
I said i have a different understanding of christianity than you, but i am not saying you can't believe anyway you want
I believe... doesn't mean others or you can't believe different than me.

Beliefs mean that one is right and one is wrong. Not everybody can be right about everything. There is a right and a wrong. You choose your right (then believing others must be wrong) and I do the same.

When a person states a belief, it will automatically say someone must be wrong. That is not hatred, ignorance, or whatever else you have labled... it's called beliefs formed from opinions.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
When a person states a belief, it will automatically say someone must be wrong. That is not hatred, ignorance, or whatever else you have labled... it's called beliefs formed from opinions.

and I thought beliefs were based on Fatih and truth, not opinions..