What Is Mormonism? A Baptist Answer

tommyjones

I believe... doesn't mean others or you can't believe different than me.

Beliefs mean that one is right and one is wrong. Not everybody can be right about everything. There is a right and a wrong. You choose your right (then believing others must be wrong) and I do the same.

When a person states a belief, it will automatically say someone must be wrong. That is not hatred, ignorance, or whatever else you have labled... it's called beliefs formed from opinions.

well i will say that you are a S spinning tard over that one.....

beliefs are beliefs, it doesn't mean that they are exclusively right or wrong. Considering noone KNOWS, then we have an equal chance of being wrong, right or partially both.

For all we know some guy praying to a shell in the caribean is being true to god.

MMDad

Lem Putt
Which God the mormons pray to you would have to ask a mormon... The others you listed that believe pray to God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit. Jesus is NOT recognized as Deity (God) to the mormons. We recognize Him as the Son of God and King of Kings. We don't believe there was a need for their leader to remove the place of Jesus who is the First and the Last.

New Testament show Jesus as God... New Testament show Jesus as the "way, truth, and life and that no man comes to the Father except through Him [Jesus].

Ignorance comes from ignorance... where is what has been said is "hatred"? Maybe that is with you. Because I don't believe the way someone else believes is not hatred... it is called disagreement...

Saying they're not Christians is saying we don't view their beliefs as ours... ignorance is not accepting that people have difference of opinions...
I see no difference between the beliefs of Mormons regarding Jesus and this:

B. God the Son

Christ is the eternal Son of God. In His incarnation as Jesus Christ He was conceived of the Holy Spirit and born of the virgin Mary. Jesus perfectly revealed and did the will of God, taking upon Himself human nature with its demands and necessities and identifying Himself completely with mankind yet without sin. He honored the divine law by His personal obedience, and in His substitutionary death on the cross He made provision for the redemption of men from sin. He was raised from the dead with a glorified body and appeared to His disciples as the person who was with them before His crucifixion. He
ascended into heaven and is now exalted at the right hand of God where He is the One Mediator, fully God, fully man, in whose Person is effected the reconciliation between God and man. He will return in power and glory to judge the world and to consummate His redemptive mission. He now dwells in all believers as the living and ever present Lord.

You have no idea what Mormons actually believe, but you came here to belittle their faith. How inspired you must feel. Now go stand in front of your congregation and tell everyone how holy you are.

fredcaudle

I see no difference between the beliefs of Mormons regarding Jesus and this:

You have no idea what Mormons actually believe, but you came here to belittle their faith. How inspired you must feel. Now go stand in front of your congregation and tell everyone how holy you are.
God is Holy, not you nor me.

I never belittled their faith... I said it was not mine. (that's not belittling... its not mine because I know the doctrines don't match mine (belief)... that's not belittling, that's what I believe.

Do you feel inspired when we throw out insults and smart sayings to hurt each other? Personally, I thought we could share beliefs and show each other why we believe this. Guess, when someone has a faith, opinion, belief... it better agree with everyone or else... I will let you do the last statement, it doesn't deserve a response.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
so, you are willing to tell someone they are wrong and to stop...

You didn't answer my questions pertaining to how many Mormons picketed your church, temple or religious activities.. compared to how many Baptists do the same to the Mormons..

Live and let live.. let your beliefs be YOUR beliefs..

tommyjones

God is Holy, not you nor me.

I never belittled their faith... I said it was not mine. (that's not belittling... its not mine because I know the doctrines don't match mine (belief)... that's not belittling, that's what I believe.

Do you feel inspired when we throw out insults and smart sayings to hurt each other? Personally, I thought we could share beliefs and show each other why we believe this. Guess, when someone has a faith, opinion, belief... it better agree with everyone or else... I will let you do the last statement, it doesn't deserve a response.

you did say they dont believe in jesus, that was yours alright

fredcaudle

You didn't answer my questions pertaining to how many Mormons picketed your church, temple or religious activities.. compared to how many Baptists do the same to the Mormons..

Live and let live.. let your beliefs be YOUR beliefs..
I'm not sure what you're asking... I don't look for mormon homes to go to and evangelize them... I've never gone to their services...

Explain what you mean?

fredcaudle

I never called you a hypocrite, i said the persecution the Mormons faced was an example of Christian Hypocrisy.

YOU fredcaudle made claims what Mormons believe, YOU MADE THOSE CLAIMS, i just posted what Mormons said they believe. who should we listen to?
Whoever tickles us the most to our fancies I guess....

We believe what we want (that includes me)

tommyjones

Yeah, that's what I said... My belief...

What point are you making here?

that you are speaking out of ignorance and your NEED to be right.

Mormoms believe in christ, they say so, thats the point.

It would be no different than if a catholic said you dont believe in jesus because you dont accept the word of the vatican as holy.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
I'm not sure what you're asking... I don't look for mormon homes to go to and evangelize them... I've never gone to their services...

Explain what you mean?

You think they, the Mormons, target Baptist homes to knock on doors, or do they knock on EVEYRONE's doors??

And if you don't know what I mean, maybe you should research what your church does in opposition to the Mormon church. They take an active role in disparaging the Mormon church.. Picketing services, national "rallies" and other national events.. Yet you have no knowledge of this??

How about inviting Mormon CHILDREN into their church as a friend, only to spend HOURS trying to "de-program" them.. calling their parents, and church leaders liars, sinners, and children of Satan.. They even plan on how to do it.. How to get the innocent child into their church for the de-programming.

Can you answer to ANY of that??

fredcaudle

that you are speaking out of ignorance and your NEED to be right.

Mormoms believe in christ, they say so, thats the point.

It would be no different than if a catholic said you dont believe in jesus because you dont accept the word of the vatican as holy.
Catholics (some of the more conservative hardliners) do say it is not possible for me to be in heaven because I am not part of their sacraments... doesn't change my belief or shake me to anger or cause me doubts. Why should my beliefs be taken any differently from other people?

I know Mormons say they believe in Christ... I have not argued that... I have stated my beliefs (we are allowed to have those) that I don't share their belief or opinion.

I don't need to be right... I'm ok with what I believe and I already know there are many who disagree with me and many who agree with me. That should not be a basis of opinion, belief, or faith.

tommyjones

I know Mormons say they believe in Christ... I have not argued that... I have stated my beliefs (we are allowed to have those) that I don't share their belief or opinion.

sounds shockingly different from what you said earlier:

fred said:
Jesus is NOT recognized as Deity (God) to the mormons. We recognize Him as the Son of God and King of Kings. We don't believe there was a need for their leader to remove the place of Jesus who is the First and the Last.

fredcaudle

You think they, the Mormons, target Baptist homes to knock on doors, or do they knock on EVEYRONE's doors??

And if you don't know what I mean, maybe you should research what your church does in opposition to the Mormon church. They take an active role in disparaging the Mormon church.. Picketing services, national "rallies" and other national events.. Yet you have no knowledge of this??

How about inviting Mormon CHILDREN into their church as a friend, only to spend HOURS trying to "de-program" them.. calling their parents, and church leaders liars, sinners, and children of Satan.. They even plan on how to do it.. How to get the innocent child into their church for the de-programming.

I can't answer all of what you are asking about people, I'm not responsible for religions including baptists. I am responsible to God for what I believe.

I do share the gospel of Jesus Christ to all people regardless of their current beliefs. When somone says they don't believe what I say... I move on. When someone trys to disparage me for holding to beliefs or sharing my beliefs, I tarry a little longer to show people that what I do in sharing the gospel is no different than what everyone else does with their own beliefs... we all try to convince each other we are "right".

Every religion (absolutely every religion) has suffered persecution, wrong doing, and having people within the religion do things that are persecution towards others. Religion is never the answer.... I don't do what I do because I'm a baptist or whatever... I do what I do because I believe what I have accepted. Everyone is the same in this matter... yes, there are extremists.. I don't identify with extremists who go against what I believe.

camily

Peace

Good Lord. This does not happen at your average Baptist church. :lol: Or any church I have ever been to. I think you watch too many movies.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
Good Lord. This does not happen at your average Baptist church. :lol: Or any church I have ever been to. I think you watch too many movies.

Actually it does, or at least it did..

I know this for a fact.

And you have no argument about the picketing.. the marching on national church events.. the boycotting, and you don't see anything WRONG with that??

fredcaudle

Thanks for coming aboard... well put. I'm out of here for a while... Conversation has become to insane to continue right now.

Besides, I'm late for the baptists against mormons meeting! ha Tonights a doosy... we are supposed to look at directories of the surrounding cities to find "them"...

itsbob

I bowl overhand
Thanks for coming aboard... well put. I'm out of here for a while... Conversation has become to insane to continue right now.

Besides, I'm late for the baptists against mormons meeting! ha Tonights a doosy... we are supposed to look at directories of the surrounding cities to find "them"...

That a Baptist took the time to write a pice about a Mormon presidential hopeful kind of speaks volumes by itself doesn't it??

I didn't see any other Christians doing it..