what song are you listening to?

BOP

Peter Gabriel - Red Rain

Didn't Hendrix do a version of that? Or am I thinking of another song? Hell, it's almost 0300, so I'm not thinking that clearly.

Speaking of Hendrix, I'm always baffled by the body of amazing work he did that almost never gets played; now, or back in the day.

"Machine Gun," from way back when.

BOP

Been a fan of Asleep at the Wheel since the mid-'70s, back whenever I started doing long-distance driving. If you listen to it, you'll see why it's the best in the middle of the night in the middle of nowhere, especially back in the days when you'd drive far enough into the desert that you'd lose radio reception.

For those of you who aren't familiar, their music is kind of a blend of country and western swing, boogie-woogie, and jazz.

"Big Balls in Cow Town"

"Cherokee Maiden"

BOP

I wasn't sure where to put this. I thought about putting it in the Cajun music tread, but a lot of you heathen don't know good music when you hear it. This isn't really Cajun music anyway, except in the sense that Guitar Jeff and the band come from out of Louisiana, I suppose. It's really rockabilly, which is one of the many genres I love.

"Jump and Shout" - Guitar Jeff and the Creoles, circa 1961. The label is Rocket, and it's out of Crowley, Louisiana.

mamatutu

mama to two
I wasn't sure where to put this. I thought about putting it in the Cajun music tread, but a lot of you heathen don't know good music when you hear it. This isn't really Cajun music anyway, except in the sense that Guitar Jeff and the band come from out of Louisiana, I suppose. It's really rockabilly, which is one of the many genres I love.

"Jump and Shout" - Guitar Jeff and the Creoles, circa 1961. The label is Rocket, and it's out of Crowley, Louisiana.

:dance: Happy New Year, sha!

BOP

Kenny Vaughan Trio - "Ghost Riders in the Sky." Cousin Kenny Vaughan, formerly of Marty Stuart and the Fabulous Superlatives.

BOP

This is one I had not seen by Lindsey Stirling, and I thought I'd seen them all. I'm diggin' it. There's a steampunk element to it. :dude:

"Roundtable Rival"

Found this behind the scenes look at the production of "Roundtable Rival." Pretty cool.

Last edited:

Radiant1

Soul Probe
And another cover...

[video=youtube;rXL5iBGYp8g]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rXL5iBGYp8g[/video]

Last edited: