Whatcha reading?

betty99

:lol:

Why would anyone want to live with screwed up people?

Isn't everyone screwed up? Since I have to share the planet with crazies, it would be nice to know how to deal with them more effectively than "bartender, another Bud Light please" :shrug::alkies:

Terrid76

Just finished, One Fine Cowboy by Joanne Kennedy. Not too bad. I'll be writing a review shortly. The book comes out in Sept. Next on the pile is Song of the Dragon by Tracy Hickman.

yknotpoms

SOMD POM MOM
Debbie McComber - Cedar Cover Series (easy read nothing special - easy to pick up and put down as life interrupts)

Several Dog Genetics Books
Several Dog Health Books
Merck Vet Manual

belvak

Happy Camper
I just finished Debbie Macomber's Thursdays at Eight. Now I'm reading Emilie Richards' Happiness Key.

E

EmptyTimCup

Just finished reading Clive Cussler "Medusa", great read. Now I'm reading "The Spy" also by Clive Cussler another great read. I love the action/adventure type books.

I got "The Wrecker" from the library and listen while driving to work :nerd:

twinoaks207

Having Fun!
Food Court Druids, Cherohonkees...

Just finished reading Food Court Druids, Cherohonkees, and Other Creatures Unique to the Republic by Robert Lanham. Absolutely hysterical social commentary with a main premise that people can be grouped based on their distinguishing characteristics or idiosyncracies. Chapters include: the Cube people (office folks beware), the Gag order (family), the Fashionista and the Image-Obsessed (loved the "gym people"), the Passionate, the Obsessed and the Kinky (???!!!), Oxymorons, Peculiar Hybrids, and Fish OUt of Water (Yanknecks was particularly amusing). The illustrations are black and white line drawings to illustrate characters such the "Skants" - "Women with Shapely butts who always wear spandex pants." Chaper 21, "the Lieberals" definitely invoked memories of many of our threads in Politics -- Bectcha you can put names to some of these folks!

This book is available at a local public library near you if you are in the Southern Maryland Regional Library area (or via Interlibrary loan if you are not!). The author also has written: The Hipster Handbook and Cyborgs, Libertarians, and People Who Like Vin Diesel -- "the first two installments of his ideosyncrological canon."*

I can't wait until this author decides to do a similar book on Internet creatures!! :roflmao: Perhaps I'll email him to suggest some possibilities... :whistle:

(* from Food Court Druids' author note)

Rane

Lookin for Margaritaville
audiobooks

Nothing can replace a real paperback or hardback novel but if you spend an hour or so commuting to and from work you might like audiobooks ... it really helps pass the miles , before you know it , you're there ! Recorded Books is a local company in Prince Frederick and they have a program that is similar to Netflix except instead of dvds you rent audiobooks ... its called Recorded Books Unlimited ... Recorded Books, LLC

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
My brain didn't feel like going there with Dragon Tattoo, so I'm reading The Sugar House. It's by Laura Lippman and her series character is Tess Monaghan, private investigator. Pretty good read, interesting plot, takes place in B'more, so the surroundings are familiar.

:yay:

my-thyme

..if momma ain't happy...
Patron
I love audio books - listen while doing laundry, making dinner, crocheting - but only if it's a book I've already read.

If I haven't previously read the book, I get sucked in and just sit and listen, which kinda defeats the purpose of being busy while listening. Might as well have book in hand if I'm just going to sit and listen.

Terps

I just started reading "A Good Man is Hard to Find" by Flannary O'Connor. I'm a huge fan of short stories and southern lit so I'm hoping it's great.