whats up with???

JenArg

No, I don't know the family. This email is being forwarded over and over. I just received it from a friend a bit ago, saw this thread, and figured it was the same situation.

Just wanted to pass the info on, because it seems like the owners want word to get around.

HappyCats

BS Gal said:
When you treat people like they are dumb by doing the :scratchinghead: thing, they will respond as if they are dumb. It's an insult to use that smilie, FYI.

you guys are really too sensitive sometimes... I didn't use it to treat anyone like they are dumb... I used the scratching head one, because that's what I did until I realized you weren't familiar with that area.

Really its no big deal, no one is dumb... Like I said, I thought it was funny.

Bay_Kat

Tropical
BS Gal said:
Excuse me. I had no idea where this was. There was a problem with a dog in St. Mary's recently. I'll just stop posting because I'm dumb.

I remember this, it was the Jack Russels that were run over and someone put a sign out.

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser
BS Gal said:
When you treat people like they are dumb by doing the :scratchinghead: thing, they will respond as if they are dumb. It's an insult to use that smilie, FYI.
OMG...:roflmao: Are you in heat again? :killingme

river rat

BUCKING GOAT
JenArg said:
I got this email today:

Family Dog Killed by Charles County Deputy

On Tuesday, May 15, 2007 at approximately 2:30 PM, our beloved “Max” a 6-year-old black German Sheppard, was gunned down on our doorstep by Charles County Deputy C Long. Allegedly Deputy Long arrived at our home to serve a warrant on an individual who did not even live with us. He parked on the side of our house, went to our front door and 2 side doors, when no one answered he proceeded around our garage to the side door of the garage. He stated he acknowledged our dog Max when he walked by him. Max, who was on his leash, allegedly snapped at the officer and then the officer allegedly shot Max multiple times in the head, jaw and neck, breaking his choker collar and leaving him to die 2 feet from our door. The officer allegedly went back to his car and called for back up which during that time our son arrived, not seeing anything but Max lying in a pool of blood, picked him up, put him in his truck and raced to the vet in Prince Frederick, but Max died along the way. When my husband and I arrived home shortly after, we found the Benedict Ambulance, 2 unmarked police cars, the animal control van, and 2 Deputy Sheriff cars in our yard, and we still were not sure what had happened. Officer Long was in the ambulance and we were not allowed to speak with him. We were then told they had to take Max with them to do a Rabies test, even though we presented documentation that proved all his shots were up to date, including Rabies. A horrible situation got even worse when they told us we would get our dog back without his head, as that is how they test for rabies! We were told “off the record” that the officer barely needed a band aide, that his pants weren’t even torn. The sadness, pain and distress this situation has caused is indescribable. He was a member of our family and undeniably my husband’s best friend, he spent hours with Max each day, they did everything together. Was his murder justified – NO!

Sharon & Joe Mattia
Hughesville

You are effing kidding me!

Please someone explain tell me this is not really happening!
If this cop has this poor of judgement when using a firearm. Then what about human beings.
I think it should go in his record that he is trigger happy.

Bay_Kat

Tropical
river rat said:
You are effing kidding me!

Please someone explain tell me this is not really happening!
If this cop has this poor of judgement when using a firearm. Then what about human beings.
I think it should go in his record that he is trigger happy.

I think he should be put on leave without pay. There is no reason a dog should be shot for protecting his property. That's what dogs do. If no one answered, then call for animal control to come and contain the dog, don't shoot it. I believe this family has a very legitimate law suit and will probably win. That is inexcusable what he did. I still can't believe it. :burning: :tantrum

Bay_Kat

Tropical
Red Karma giver, you did not leave a message as to why you gave me red karma, you did not sign it. Okay, at first I was confused by the post, but after I understood what happened, it made me very angry, what is your problem? Are you for or against the cop that shot a dog for no reason at all?

HappyCats

Bay_Kat said:
Red Karma giver, you did not leave a message as to why you gave me red karma, you did not sign it. Okay, at first I was confused by the post, but after I understood what happened, it made me very angry, what is your problem? Are you for or against the cop that shot a dog for no reason at all?

I can't imagine that ANYONE would be FOR the cop that shot that dog!!!! People are really messed up!!!

BS Gal

Voted Nicest in 08
Bay_Kat said:
I got it too. :lmao:

BS Gal

Voted Nicest in 08
HappyCats said:
I can't imagine that ANYONE would be FOR the cop that shot that dog!!!! People are really messed up!!!
I'm not FOR the cop. I'm just thinking anyone that TIES their dog outside should not be a pet-owner. What a wonderful life for a dog. Let me tie you outside all day instead of letting you run in a yard or pen or leaving you in my home. If I had a dog to protect my home, it would be INSIDE.

HappyCats

BS Gal said:
I'm not FOR the cop. I'm just thinking anyone that TIES their dog outside should not be a pet-owner. What a wonderful life for a dog. Let me tie you outside all day instead of letting you run in a yard or pen or leaving you in my home. If I had a dog to protect my home, it would be INSIDE.

I agree with you!