whats up with???

Bay_Kat

Tropical
I'm not for either. No one knows why the dog was tied up, the son may not have been gone long. It's just really sad that the cop didn't call animal control to come and contain the dog so he could go about his investigation and be done with it. Apparently the son got home not too long after it happened if the dog was still alive.

I wish I had never gotten involved in this post. I guess I really have a soft spot for German Shepherds. It's the only type of dog I've ever owned and I've had several.

BS Gal

Voted Nicest in 08
Bay_Kat said:
I'm not for either. No one knows why the dog was tied up, the son may not have been gone long. It's just really sad that the cop didn't call animal control to come and contain the dog so he could go about his investigation and be done with it. Apparently the son got home not too long after it happened if the dog was still alive.

I wish I had never gotten involved in this post. I guess I really have a soft spot for German Shepherds. It's the only type of dog I've ever owned and I've had several.
What's funny is that I am terrified of German Shepherds, but no other dogs. One of them bit my sister in the leg when she rode her bike past the dog's house and the other one was the one chained across the street for YEARS that would get loose once in a while. Actually, I would bring the dog water and treats, so he was friendly with me, but he was crazy if he got off the line. I have to blame the owner of that dog. That dog was neglected horribly.

Bay_Kat

Tropical
BS Gal said:
What's funny is that I am terrified of German Shepherds, but no other dogs. One of them bit my sister in the leg when she rode her bike past the dog's house and the other one was the one chained across the street for YEARS that would get loose once in a while. Actually, I would bring the dog water and treats, so he was friendly with me, but he was crazy if he got off the line. I have to blame the owner of that dog. That dog was neglected horribly.

I had a shepherd that was so protective of my sons that if I raised my voice, she would growl at me. My husband (who is now my ex) was going after one of my sons who was running into his bedroom and the dog stood in front of the bedroom door as if she was daring my ex to do something. They are very protective of their people and property.

Hessian

I recall

seeing a man with a Black shepherd along the commute home to Calvert-might have been on that hill. The shepherd caught my eye because he was loose but very comfortably staying at his master's side.

It is the loyalty & patience of a dog that amazes me--gets me right in the throat when I think of my Dober...always watching me,...keeping company while the yard work was getting done.
I suspect that Shepherd was the same way. That Deputy obviously didn't complete he training...and any discharge of a firearm outside the realm of stopping a crime calls for immediate inquiry & desk duty until the record is set straight.

Deputy Fife: you won't be getting another bullet.

and by the way: My mix-lab loves her run line: 40 feet of cable and a 15 foot chain--prefers to stay outside even when we are home: when she is done with playing ball with me, she'll walk over and sit down next to her chain.
She knows that his HER territory to guard & play in--I do not see how this would be considered cruel-Box, food, water...and sleeps inside with us at night.

HappyCats said:
the "Sheriff somebody murdered my dog" sign on the hill across from Serenity Farms on Rt. 231?

:jerry:

I saw it today too. It didn't say 'somebody', it had an actual name. I wish I had thought of that when my parents neighbor shot my dog.

Hessian said:
seeing a man with a Black shepherd along the commute home to Calvert-might have been on that hill. The shepherd caught my eye because he was loose but very comfortably staying at his master's side.

It is the loyalty & patience of a dog that amazes me--gets me right in the throat when I think of my Dober...always watching me,...keeping company while the yard work was getting done.
I suspect that Shepherd was the same way. That Deputy obviously didn't complete he training...and any discharge of a firearm outside the realm of stopping a crime calls for immediate inquiry & desk duty until the record is set straight.

Deputy Fife: you won't be getting another bullet.

and by the way: My mix-lab loves her run line: 40 feet of cable and a 15 foot chain--prefers to stay outside even when we are home: when she is done with playing ball with me, she'll walk over and sit down next to her chain.
She knows that his HER territory to guard & play in--I do not see how this would be considered cruel-Box, food, water...and sleeps inside with us at night.

I've seen that dog before too. He/she was an absolutely beautiful dog. Of course, German Shepherds are my favorite breed. They are very loyal dogs and highly protective. What a shame what happened to this dog. :bawl:

Bay_Kat

Tropical
Speedy70 said:
I've seen that dog before too. He/she was an absolutely beautiful dog. Of course, German Shepherds are my favorite breed. They are very loyal dogs and highly protective. What a shame what happened to this dog. :bawl:

I'm wondering if this is the same house, up on the hill just before you get to Benedict where they sell sweet potatos. If this is the place I'm thinking of, that dog was out there every day playing with the family at around 5:30 when I came through on the way from work in Waldorf.

Bay_Kat said:
I'm wondering if this is the same house, up on the hill just before you get to Benedict where they sell sweet potatos. If this is the place I'm thinking of, that dog was out there every day playing with the family at around 5:30 when I came through on the way from work in Waldorf.
Yes, it's where they occasionally sell potatoes etc. The sign that I saw this evening appeared to be on a white sheet with red spray paint.

Bay_Kat

Tropical
Speedy70 said:
Yes, it's where they occasionally sell potatoes etc. The sign that I saw this evening appeared to be on a white sheet with red spray paint.

I'm sure they are very angry and sad, they lost a member of their family I really can't blame them, I probably would have done the same thing. All of my shepherds died of old age and it was still heart breaking. I haven't had one in years, it's just to painful to lose one. I'm sure this could be said for any dog, but like I said, I have a soft spot for Shepherds.

Bay_Kat

Tropical
AndyMarquisLIVE said:
Can somebody shoot a picture of this sign. Or give me a location? Was this in Charles County?
It was on the Benedict side of the bridge, so yes, it was Charles County. I doubt the sign will stay up very long.

princess73

just one of those days...
I can't believe that cop was dumb enough to get close enough to a dog for the dog to be able to bite him. It isn't like the dog was small and could sneak up on him. What a jerk. Poor dog. I have a shepherd too and he dislikes people in uniforms for some reason. Charles County Cops and UPS delivery people wear those brown uniforms and my dog goes nuts when he sees them. Mine is in a fenced backyard and I have caught the SMECO man getting his mace out before. It is so unfair for someone to harm a dog just because of the kind of dog or the size of the dog. I feel so bad for the family. I couldn't imagine the pain and anger that they feel. Who can you trust if you can't even trust the police? Charles County is getting pretty rough now.