Whats with the Tides?

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
rush said:
I agree with you.I just felt that i had to pass on what the servers were telling me.
I implore all of you to pay the restaurant a visit and and see for yourselves.

Why would I pay good money to go to what is now a lousy restaurant?

MMDad

Lem Putt
rush said:
I agree with you.I just felt that i had to pass on what the servers were telling me.
I implore all of you to pay the restaurant a visit and and see for yourselves.

I went to Bob Evans. The food was terrible, and the service was worse. I implore you to go to Bob Evans. :yay:

Club'nBabySeals

Where are my pants?
My husband and I attended the Italian Wine Dinner there on Sunday night, as well. The food--while not 'bad', by any stretch of the word--was certainly not on par with the quality that I had come to expect of the Tides based on numerous prior experiences there.

A couple of the servers presented us with a similar hush-hush rundown as was relayed a few posts ago. They were losing money, and so the owner canned Arthur Erlich and Chef Ahmed. The new manager is a woman named Dorothy who had previously run the J.T. Dougherty conference center. I'd attended quite a few functions there, and found her very capable.

I asked to see the new dinner menu, and was very disappointed. They have trimmed it down to include the common fare you can find anywhere else in Southern Maryland; and cut the prices (at the expense of the quality, is my guess) so that a dinner at the Tides will cost you no more than what you would pay at Outback or Lone Star.

I'll give them another try once they work out the new kinks, but sadly I'm fearing that I'll have to start trekking up to D.C. to find a decent culinary experience again. It's a shame.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Club'nBabySeals said:
My husband and I attended the Italian Wine Dinner there on Sunday night, as well. The food--while not 'bad', by any stretch of the word--was certainly not on par with the quality that I had come to expect of the Tides based on numerous prior experiences there.

A couple of the servers presented us with a similar hush-hush rundown as was relayed a few posts ago. They were losing money, and so the owner canned Arthur Erlich and Chef Ahmed. The new manager is a woman named Dorothy who had previously run the J.T. Dougherty conference center. I'd attended quite a few functions there, and found her very capable.

I asked to see the new dinner menu, and was very disappointed. They have trimmed it down to include the common fare you can find anywhere else in Southern Maryland; and cut the prices (at the expense of the quality, is my guess) so that a dinner at the Tides will cost you no more than what you would pay at Outback or Lone Star.

I'll give them another try once they work out the new kinks, but sadly I'm fearing that I'll have to start trekking up to D.C. to find a decent culinary experience again. It's a shame.

No loss, he was a jerk.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
PrepH4U said:
Was that the little guy that thought he was funny and always cracking corny jokes while making the flaming desserts? :shrug:
Pompous and arrogant.

mainman

Set Trippin
RoseRed said:
From the sounds of this thread, I think they will take what they can get. :lmao:
Just give me a thick juicy steak seared to perfection....

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

steeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaakkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk.........:drool: