Whats with the Tides?

davidlee1

I take it you dont like any restaurants in the USA since SYSCO delivers to almost every independent restaurant in the united states.

Hessian

Stay with the Program davidlee1...

SYSCO does not sound French...there is no opportunity to worship a particular chef...or compliment the placement of the parseley. C'mon man, get some culture here! Rush is trying to educate us Somders on the finer points of being well bred...you know, chilled salad forks, and carrots cut to look like lotus flowers.

Practice your distain when you look over the Ruby Tuesday's menu!
Pick at your soft shell crab at Stoneys and complain its too hard...
Sniff arrogantly at cole slaw that is not property aged and seasoned.

We are all a bunch of Neanderthals ordering Roast Duck with orange sauce
(oh wait...they did that one already!)

Kirk

The Tides Restaurant

I have been watching the posts here as I frequently travel to Lex Pk working for one of the Defense Contractors. I decided to post because I think it is time the Tides gets its due compliment.

I went there a few times before the "big change" . Always thought they were trying to be something they weren't. An upscale, fine dining restaurant. The food was fair, at best. Honestly, I did not know what half the stuff on the menu was anyway, so I didn't eat it. Way too expensive for the area and especially with so many per diem travellers.

Have been twice since the change.
I hope they keep those big martini glasses full of colored water off the bar. I don't miss them at all.
The menu is great! Very fitting and appetizing for the travelling person and the locals as well. Food so far is very good. The prices are appropriate for the menu. Still above what per diem folks are given but reasonable especially given how nice of a place it is.

The staff at the Tides has always tried to be very nice. They are very nice and present themselves well. Friendly, outgoing, attractive and respectful group of Professionals.

I think the Tides is a nice place. I've eaten at many other local places and the food is bad, the establishments are dirty, some of them smell like wet mops and for the most part I had given in to KFC and a movie in my room. When you travel to a place that is as lively as Lexington Park the Tides is a great place to sit and eat and or drink for a while.

Everyone should go there a couple of more times. "Once is never enough" Check it out for yourself and don't listen to all of the moaners here.

Mikeinsmd

Ok, half a month has passed. Any new input on The Tides (besides kirk & rush)? I was thinking of trying it tomorrow. :shrug:

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Mikeinsmd said:
Ok, half a month has passed. Any new input on The Tides (besides kirk & rush)? I was thinking of trying it tomorrow. :shrug:

Are you treating me & my friend for dinner?