Whats with the Tides?

mrweb

Iron City
rush said:
:war: I came back on friday from vacation and found out about the temporal closing of the Tides.
Went there on sunday for the Italian wine dinner to find out the menu that was done by the the previous ex-chef,i had sign up for was been done by the previous Banquet chef from the JtD-conference center which turned out to be a disaster, as the food was not up to par and the new inexperience GM doesn't even know about the menu and was told by a server she was a previous server at the Tavern previously under the old five star chef and had left to work as a banquet sales manager at the Conference center in lexington park.
I feel so cheated because i had bought up to $500.00 of gift certificates for the fine food they promised and now rumour has it that they will be doing pre-made sysco ready to microwave food to cut back on labor and make quick turn-over profit with a bunch of inexperience a la carte restaurant chef and restaurant manager,because the owners think people in Southern Maryland donot appreciate fine food and to top this of the food and menu isaw that they claim is home dmae is not as three servers confirm to me on sunday evening that they are ready to quit because they cannot work for the consultant name Rob Plant-previously of the Tavern,Indigo Grill,JTD-Conference center,Nook and Monks,all he mess up and got fired and now the Blue wind and Tides which i was told only happen because the owner is fighting with his children and former CFO,who actually between them own 99% of the restaurant but the Dad -owner is at 1% ownership with the managing rights of the restaurant.Well i guess i will have to now find somewhere else that cares about food and class.
I've gone blind.

rush

Gourmand
RoseRed said:
No loss, he was a jerk.
:lmao: To be honest with you Rose red, i didn't like him either but i cared less because everytime i dined there before they had very good food and martini, and wine choices.
I actually enjoyed the gracefulness of the chef and his team on busy fridays and saturday nights.Any way in a fine dining establishment the Excutive Chef runs the show not the GM I think.So thats why on numerous occassion i ignored him and always know the chef and his team were always going to excite my palate.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
rush said:
:lmao: To be honest with you Rose red, i didn't like him either but i cared less because everytime i dined there before they had very good food and martini, and wine choices.
I actually enjoyed the gracefulness of the chef and his team on busy fridays and saturday nights.Any way in a fine dining establishment the Excutive Chef runs the show not the GM I think.So thats why on numerous occassion i ignored him and always know the chef and his team were always going to excite my palate.

You still haven't answered my earlier question from today.

rush

Gourmand
:huggy: I will buy if you really want to go.But we should sit at the bar with some dry martinis to wash whatever they serve down.I still have their gift certificates that i was going to turn in for cash.
RoseRed said:
You still haven't answered my earlier question from today.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
rush said:
:huggy: I will buy if you really want to go.But we should sit at the bar with some dry martinis to wash whatever they serve down.I still have their gift certificates that i was going to turn in for cash.

I have never been for dinner, only lunch and I cannot justify $20-25 for lunch on numerous occasions.

rush

Gourmand
:lmao: I have been going there since they open and its no secret, the waiters tell you the guest everything if they recognize you as a regular.
SailorDog said:
Rush,

How do you know so much? Sounds like you're an insider with a grudge. :killingme

rush

Gourmand
:buttkick: I was just wondering,dont it looks strange that your membership is dated 2-20-2006 :bigwhoop: Anyway the food and service will speak of the place in the next few weeks.
SailorDog said:
Rush,

How do you know so much? Sounds like you're an insider with a grudge. :killingme

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
rush said:
:buttkick: I was just wondering,dont it looks strange that your membership is dated 2-20-2006 :bigwhoop: Anyway the food and service will speak of the place in the next few weeks.

Maybe he's been cruising the board for some time and just registered... :shrug: