Where does a man go to meet women

Chain729

CageKicker Extraordinaire
workin hard said:
Brass Rail

Anybody I meet in a bar, I'm not bringing home; its a personal standard. Bars, quality and wemen don't go together in a positive sentence.

Bernie, I grew up here and when I find the answer to your question, I'll let you know. BTW, if you find a girl you think is nice, ask her where she lives and where she hangs out. If either answer is "Great Mills" or "The Park," remember: Don't walk away, RUN.

mAlice

professional daydreamer
Chain729 said:
Anybody I meet in a bar, I'm not bringing home; its a personal standard. Bars, quality and wemen don't go together in a positive sentence.

Bernie, I grew up here and when I find the answer to your question, I'll let you know. BTW, if you find a girl you think is nice, ask her where she lives and where she hangs out. If either answer is "Great Mills" or "The Park," remember: Don't walk away, RUN.

So, who lives in Great Mills or The Park?

Oh, anyone you meet that does not live in either of these areas is guaranteed to be someone you'd take home to momma. :yay:

gumbo

FIGHT CLUB !
fttrsbeerwench said:
If you are 44, as your profile says, maybe Brass Rail would be a bad idea. I thought only very young girls go there.I havn't been there in ages, but if you like to dance go to Waldorf or over to Solomons. If you like to do something other than drink, I always try to find something to do on the weekends thats a little different...SMILES!!!!

:cheers: If you go to Solomons do not drink the cops are hell.
All Southern Maryland makes a living on DWI Busts :spank:
This place has a DWI racket going on.
235 from the Park thru Hollyweird Is also where they set up shop.
It's the worst place for DWI's I have ever seen.
If and when I party I go to Fells Point in Baltimore and Stay the Night.
If your not a party guy. Sat at the farmers market in Mechanicsville.
I have met a few there browsing around.
No keepers yet but not a bad fishing spot :peace:

mAlice

professional daydreamer
The best place to meet someone is going to places you enjoy. Then you'll meet someone that you have something in common with. Going to church, as was mentioned before, is only a good place to meet women if you enjoy going to church. If you're a gal, going to the race track just to meet men would be a bad idea, because eventually it would become clear that you don't like the races.

Do what you enjoy. Eventually you'll bump into someone.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
BernieP said:
Fairly new to the area. A co-worked pointed out this site and thought I would put the quesiton here. Where does a man go to meet women in these parts?
Oh, and please don't say "Great Mills Road". I've read the local paper/

Post that you are handy with spare time on your hands.. willing to do yard work and wash cars.. you'll have them eating out of your hands!!

Chain729

CageKicker Extraordinaire
elaine said:
So, who lives in Great Mills or The Park?

Oh, anyone you meet that does not live in either of these areas is guaranteed to be someone you'd take home to momma. :yay:

Not really, just better odds.

mAlice

professional daydreamer
Ya' know, I have to ask myself....what kind of man can't find a decent woman to hang out with? Makes ya' wonder what's wrong with the man.

H

HollowSoul

elaine said:
Ya' know, I have to ask myself....what kind of man can't find a decent woman to hang out with? Makes ya' wonder what's wrong with the man.
you have a point

Pete

Repete
elaine said:
It's not as easy as it sounds.

H

HollowSoul

elaine said:
Especially when all your friends are married forumites. :yay:
I have the same prob...me being 33 most of the people i associate with that are my age are allready married and don't go out to clubs/bars, (not that i enjoy those places anyway)
Others that i associate with that are younger....are much younger..(granted i look young for my age) but just the realization that when i go out with them, i emmediately feel like an old man and end up uncomfortable.

crabcake

But wait, there's more...
HollowSoul said:
Others that i associate with that are younger....are much younger..(granted i look young for my age) but just the realization that when i go out with them, i emmediately feel like an old man and end up uncomfortable.

leaving the walker at home next time might help. :yay:

j/k :razz:

mAlice

professional daydreamer
Pete said:
That doesn't help, but still it is not easy.

I know it's not that easy, and I wouldn't want to be in your shoes. The thought of doing the dating scene again seems very distasteful at this point in my life.

HOWEVER, if I did have to do it over again, I'd be OUT THERE. Anne Marie Gardens does a few things every year. Sotterly had a wine tasting this weekend. I would have been there (after a day of RF first). I see classic cars on the road almost every weekend. I'd be finding out where they're meeting.

There is always something going on. Go do it!

crabcake

I can kinda relate to Pete's dilemma ... it's not easy when you are a single parent -- especially when you are mom AND dad 95% of the time. :ohwell:

All joking aside, when my dad bought wife #2 out of the house, he joined that "Parents Without Partners" group where he lived and got lots of dates through there. They had outtings where you could take the kids and some for adults-only. The plus side is you are meeting other folks who "understand" ... they've "been to the puppet show and seen the strings."

Just an idea :shrug:

H

HollowSoul

elaine said:
I know it's not that easy, and I wouldn't want to be in your shoes. The thought of doing the dating scene again seems very distasteful at this point in my life.

HOWEVER, if I did have to do it over again, I'd be OUT THERE. Anne Marie Gardens does a few things every year. Sotterly had a wine tasting this weekend. I would have been there (after a day of RF first). I see classic cars on the road almost every weekend. I'd be finding out where they're meeting.

There is always something going on. Go do it!
maybe it's a confidence thing?

crabcake

maybe someone oughta host a "singles only" party ... invite your single friends, and have them bring another single (non-screwing) friend ... no couples. that way everyone's in the same boat and there's none of that "third wheel" feeling. :shrug:

mAlice

professional daydreamer
If you guys are staying home because you have kids, you're staying home for the wrong reason. There are just as many people out there who don't have a problem with kids as there are those that do. Drag the kids along once in a while if it'll get you out there.

Oh, wait. Has it become undignified to ask for a phone number while you have a kid in tow?