Where does a man go to meet women

H

HollowSoul

elaine said:
Oh yeah...HS? How is some chick supposed to ask you for your digits if you're at home? You think women go around knocking on doors to get phone numbers?
see i know what my problemb is...and i am to blame for my own actions, and yes it is "kinda" like a confidence issue.
The root of my problemb is that i have gone out and have done a variety of different tings in different social settings...and found that hardly any of yhem interested me, I'm into music mainly.."preforming" and there is where i'm most comfortable....but the crowd that usually frequents these places is the younger crowd..so now we are back on that page again....
I see it like this...I controll my own being, and have only the ability to "influence" others. I'f the attraction isn't thee initially.....then it's not worth it to push the issue....

BuddyLee

Football addict
elaine said:
And how many of those men are 'coco puffs', that the woman wouldn't give the time of day? Sorry, that argument won't work, either. You guys just want to make it sound like it's anybody's fault but your own, that you don't have a date.

An excuse for everything.
Elaine is right in every aspect of the argument. As she noted before, if you keep doing the same things over and over you will get practically the same thing you've been getting, (if that hasn't worked for you) nothing.

Try something new. Get out and enjoy yourself in the process.

crabcake

But wait, there's more...
I'm not blaming anyone for my status. I only get one opportunity to make an impression on my kid; I don't want her lasting memories to be that momma was out every other night in bars or shaggin' with a different stranger every week. If I meet someone, so be it; but personally, it's not my #1 priority right now. :shrug:

Pete

Repete
elaine said:
And how many of those men are 'coco puffs', that the woman wouldn't give the time of day? Sorry, that argument won't work, either. You guys just want to make it sound like it's anybody's fault but your own, that you don't have a date.

An excuse for everything.
I don't recall saying it was anyones fault, I am saying it is not as easy as going to Starbucks and picking one out.

If it was that easy RR or Chasey would be calling downstairs and telling me to come to bed. :killingme

Last edited:

mAlice

professional daydreamer
Pete said:
It just isn't :shrug:

Ya' go when it's crowded, stand in the middle of the room looking around for an empty seat. When you find a female, ask her she minds sharing her table. Take something with you so she has an opportunity to strike up a conversation. Pick up birthday/greeting cards and fill them out, allowing yourself to be distracted, of course.

Do you guys have no creativity at all? :lmao:

SmallTown

Football season!
crabcake said:
I'm not blaming anyone for my status. I only get one opportunity to make an impression on my kid; I don't want her lasting memories to be that momma was out every other night in bars or shaggin' with a different stranger every week. If I meet someone, so be it; but personally, it's not my #1 priority right now. :shrug:
But...but... You told me you loved me

Pete

Repete
elaine said:
Ya' go when it's crowded, stand in the middle of the room looking around for an empty seat. When you find a female, ask her she minds sharing her table. Take something with you so she has an opportunity to strike up a conversation. Pick up birthday/greeting cards and fill them out, allowing yourself to be distracted, of course.

Do you guys have no creativity at all? :lmao:
chics have it easy

mAlice

professional daydreamer
Pete said:
chics have it easy

Easy is a matter of perspective. You may have a hard time striking up a conversation, but we have the disadvantage if we end up with a nut case that wants to hurt us. That's why we have to get to know you on neutral territory.

crabcake

But wait, there's more...
elaine said:
Easy is a matter of perspective. You may have a hard time striking up a conversation, but we have the disadvantage if we end up with a nut case that wants to hurt us. That's why we have to get to know you on neutral territory.

:yeahthat: that's why I'm an advocate for internet meeting ... you have an opportunity to get to know someone before you meet them, exchange pics, etc. And if you like what you read/see, you can meet them in a non-meat-market environment for the first few "get acquainted" dates ... if they turn out to be a freak of nature, they don't have your phone number, address, etc. to hunt your down and pester you. :yay:

Pete

Repete
elaine said:
:rolleyes: It is as different as night and day. YOU could walk up to ANY guy and he would be grinning from ear to ear just to yakk with you. It does not work that way for us.

mAlice

professional daydreamer
Pete said:
:rolleyes: It is as different as night and day. YOU could walk up to ANY guy and he would be grinning from ear to ear just to yakk with you. It does not work that way for us.

If you guys could see beyond our boobs, that wouldn't be the case. :lmao: