Where does a man go to meet women

crabcake

But wait, there's more...
elaine said:
If you guys are staying home because you have kids, you're staying home for the wrong reason. There are just as many people out there who don't have a problem with kids as there are those that do. Drag the kids along once in a while if it'll get you out there.

Oh, wait. Has it become undignified to ask for a phone number while you have a kid in tow?

I don't think it's undignified to ask for a number while you have your kid out and about doing something. :shrug: I do, however, find myself strapped for energy though when I'm running the rat race in DC M-F, have cheerleading 2 nights/week and 1 day on the weekend, a house and yard to maintain, and the other general "crap" I gotta do (pay bills, grocery shop, cook meals, pack lunches, laundry, etc). :ohwell: But one of the perks of having your kid in sports is that THAT is an opportunity to meet people as well. Just as I'm not the only single mom out there getting her kid 'active' in sports, I know there are other single dads out there doing the same. :shrug:

BuddyLee

Football addict
elaine said:
I see classic cars on the road almost every weekend. I'd be finding out where they're meeting.
St. Mary's college does a show every now and again. There is a certain day in the week that the A&W root beer restaurant holds a car show featuring classics. I think Bertz diner still gets some on occassion. :yay:

Pete

Repete
elaine said:
If you guys are staying home because you have kids, you're staying home for the wrong reason. There are just as many people out there who don't have a problem with kids as there are those that do. Drag the kids along once in a while if it'll get you out there.

Oh, wait. Has it become undignified to ask for a phone number while you have a kid in tow?
It's not that you cannot meet people, it is so many of them are coo coo for coco puffs. Look at this place for example, for almost every sane woman is married, engaged or otherwise attached. This is a microcosm of society. SOMD is SOMD.COM just on a bigger scale. Nuts, freaks, drama momas, too young, too old, 4 kids by 4 different guys, chronically unemployed, welfare trogs, goobers and dopers. Every decent chic has a line 20 dudes deep waiting to spring a line, and gets snatched up quickly. If you are shy, reserved, cautious or not a perfect male specimin you are left in a cloud of dust.

I honestly have no problem, being a single dad takes up a great deal of my time. I am past the hound dog stage where I am hot on the trail of poon. Should I find some one I will be happy, if I don't I will still be happy.

mAlice

professional daydreamer
Pete said:
It's not that you cannot meet people, it is so many of them are coo coo for coco puffs. Look at this place for example, for almost every sane woman is married, engaged or otherwise attached. This is a microcosm of society. SOMD is SOMD.COM just on a bigger scale. Nuts, freaks, drama momas, too young, too old, 4 kids by 4 different guys, chronically unemployed, welfare trogs, goobers and dopers. Every decent chic has a line 20 dudes deep waiting to spring a line, and gets snatched up quickly. If you are shy, reserved, cautious or not a perfect male specimin you are left in a cloud of dust.

I honestly have no problem, being a single dad takes up a great deal of my time. I am past the hound dog stage where I am hot on the trail of poon. Should I find some one I will be happy, if I don't I will still be happy.

For every coco puff that's out there, there's also a perfectly normal person that's in the same boat as you. If you stay home, you won't meet that person.

crabcake

Pete said:
Nuts, freaks, drama momas, too young, too old, 4 kids by 4 different guys, chronically unemployed, welfare trogs, goobers and dopers.

:confused: Mr. Hand or the secretary from Ferris Buehler's Day Off.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
Pete said:
... Nuts, freaks, drama momas, too young, too old, 4 kids by 4 different guys, chronically unemployed, welfare trogs, goobers and dopers. ....
Makes me thankful I only run into the schitzos and chemically dependent.

H

HollowSoul

elaine said:
You mean like, you're a big chicken?
possibly...yes...and what would be wrong with that? you make it sound like it's just plain stupidity to not go out "anywhere" and go git some #'s. God forbid that i should have feelings and fears about going into a social setting where i don't know anyone well enough to carry out a 20-30minuite conversation let alone see if a chick wants to go out.
And here's another point that should be brought up......why cant the tables be turned? if a guy doesn't walk up to a and talk to her then she starts wondering what the he11 is wrong with her, why doesn't she have the confidence to talk to us? Dating/courtship should be a two way street

crabcake

HollowSoul said:
why doesn't she have the confidence to talk to us? Dating/courtship should be a two way street

I won't speak for other chics, but I have no problem walking up and talking to a guy if I wanna. :shrug:

mAlice

professional daydreamer
HollowSoul said:
possibly...yes...and what would be wrong with that? you make it sound like it's just plain stupidity to not go out "anywhere" and go git some #'s. God forbid that i should have feelings and fears about going into a social setting where i don't know anyone well enough to carry out a 20-30minuite conversation let alone see if a chick wants to go out.
And here's another point that should be brought up......why cant the tables be turned? if a guy doesn't walk up to a and talk to her then she starts wondering what the he11 is wrong with her, why doesn't she have the confidence to talk to us? Dating/courtship should be a two way street

Nobody said the tables couldn't be turned. Where did you read that? And I do think it's stupid to set home and feel sorry for yourself. Oh, poor me. I can't find a date.

So what!

If you just go to bars, then you'll keep meeting the same type of people. If you try new things, you'll meet different types of people. Even if you don't find a date, you've filled your day with something interesting and you'll have something to talk about when you do get a date.

FB's favorite saying is "If you keep doing what you're doing, you'll keep getting what you're getting". There's something to that.

mAlice

professional daydreamer
Oh yeah...HS? How is some chick supposed to ask you for your digits if you're at home? You think women go around knocking on doors to get phone numbers?

BuddyLee

Football addict
elaine said:
Nobody said the tables couldn't be turned. Where did you read that? And I do think it's stupid to set home and feel sorry for yourself. Oh, poor me. I can't find a date.

So what!

If you just go to bars, then you'll keep meeting the same type of people. If you try new things, you'll meet different types of people. Even if you don't find a date, you've filled your day with something interesting and you'll have something to talk about when you do get a date.

FB's favorite saying is "If you keep doing what you're doing, you'll keep getting what you're getting". There's something to that.
:yeahthat: There's a lot of truth to this. I think Elaine is hunting for karma. :lol:

Pete

Repete
elaine said:
For every coco puff that's out there, there's also a perfectly normal person that's in the same boat as you. If you stay home, you won't meet that person.

You must have missed the part in red. Sure there are decent ones out there but they are a hot commodity.
Pete said:

mAlice

professional daydreamer
Pete said:
You must have missed the part in red. Sure there are decent ones out there but they are a hot commodity.

Every decent chic has a line 20 dudes deep waiting to spring a line, and gets snatched up quickly. If you are shy, reserved, cautious or not a perfect male specimin you are left in a cloud of dust.

And how many of those men are 'coco puffs', that the woman wouldn't give the time of day? Sorry, that argument won't work, either. You guys just want to make it sound like it's anybody's fault but your own, that you don't have a date.

An excuse for everything.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
Pete said:
... Every decent chic has a line 20 dudes deep waiting to spring a line, and gets snatched up quickly. ....
The indecent ones are far more fun.

CMC122

Go Braves!
elaine said:
And how many of those men are 'coco puffs', that the woman wouldn't give the time of day? Sorry, that argument won't work, either. You guys just want to make it sound like it's anybody's fault but your own, that you don't have a date.

An excuse for everything.
:clap: