Why the Comey decision makes no sense

awpitt

Main Streeter
So it's completely impossible that Trump did try to notify Comey, and someone in his atmosphere leaked to the press first?

Or are you just believing what you want to believe?

While nothing is impossible, anything outside of the known facts is just speculation. I choose to believe the facts that have come to light so far. Comey was in LA. His bosses new that. The termination letter was sent to the Hoover Bldg. Those are the facts. If new information comes out, I will change my assessment accordingly.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
While nothing is impossible, anything outside of the known facts is just speculation. I choose to believe the facts that have come to light so far. Comey was in LA. His bosses new that. The termination letter was sent to the Hoover Bldg. Those are the facts. If new information comes out, I will change my assessment accordingly.

Who alerted the press? That would be a big fact that would indicate how it went down.

PsyOps

Pixelated
Incorrect.

I read the stupid memo saying that he wasn't "going to spend time on the decision or the way it was executed." Doesn't take an English major to figure that out.

That has to be the most ignorant interpretation of wording that I've ever seen. You're really saying that when a PLAN is executed, that it equates to the execution of someone? REALLY? Just.......... WOW! :crazy:

Interesting article. Especially from reading the whole thing. I'll bet Gen. Schwartz did not learn of his removal by watching the news on TV.

As a presidential appointee, he submitted (as is customary) a resignation letter to the Trump Transition Team. The resignation was accepted. Trump could've kept him as Obama did when Bush 43 left office. Nice try though.

No, he learned through a MEMO, rather than face-to-face that you demand Trump should have done with Comey. There was no "nice try". You just don't get that it is within Trump's right as POTUS to fire Comey for no reason at all; just as Comey stated. And there is no standard method for which the person being fired is notified. Comey was out of town... across the damn country. But, seeing how you do have superior experience in these things, perhaps I ought rethink things. :bigwhoop:

Here's the bottom line... you lefties hate Trump. Nothing he will do will be acceptable to you. If he had notified Comey in person, you'd find something else to criticize him for. You lefties want him out and will any reason, no matter how lame, to try to impeach the guy. And on that note, it doesn't appear any of you even understand what has to occur in order to impeach a president.

PsyOps

Pixelated
Tried try to inform Comey personally, by couriered letter?

They new darn well that Comey was in LA. Yet, they had the letter delivered to the Hoover Bldg in D.C.

I have an idea... Why don't you march on up to Capitol Hill and demand a law be passed dictating how a president announces someone's firing. Holy crap you pick the smallest nits don't you?

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
So it's completely impossible that Trump did try to notify Comey, and someone in his atmosphere leaked to the press first?

the fact there was a leak was mentioned is several articles I read, which is why the firing went down the way it did ....

The Firing was going to get published either way

SamSpade

And on that note, it doesn't appear any of you even understand what has to occur in order to impeach a president.

High crimes and misdemeanours - WHILE IN OFFICE.

And impeach does not mean removal from office - it just means to charge with a crime.
You don't charge someone with the crime of being someone you just don't like.

awpitt

Main Streeter
That has to be the most ignorant interpretation of wording that I've ever seen. You're really saying that when a PLAN is executed, that it equates to the execution of someone? REALLY? Just.......... WOW! :crazy:

No, yours is the most ignorant interpretation of wording ever. I never equated a plan being executed to the execution of someone. You inferred that on your own so that's on you.

No, he learned through a MEMO, rather than face-to-face that you demand Trump should have done with Comey.

Incorrect. Comey learned of his firing from the news on the T.V.s at the LA field office. He never got the MEMO until he returned to D.C.

stgislander

PREMO Member
Truthfully... deep down does anyone care that Comey was fired? Is there anyone on this forum that didn't think he needed to go?

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
No, yours is the most ignorant interpretation of wording ever. I never equated a plan being executed to the execution of someone. You inferred that on your own so that's on you.

Incorrect. Comey learned of his firing from the news on the T.V.s at the LA field office. He never got the MEMO until he returned to D.C.

How will the manner in which Comey was fired affect the future? Your obsession with that nit aside...how does it really matter?

PsyOps

Pixelated

Whatever you say. :rolleyes:

I'm talking about Obama's firing of Maj. Gen. Errol R. Schwartz’s. Do keep up.

Sapidus

Truthfully... deep down does anyone care that Comey was fired? Is there anyone on this forum that didn't think he needed to go?

Yes. For two reasons.

First Trump has changed his reasoning for why he fired him numerous times.

Second the timing is suspicious. why didn't he fire him once got into office if the reasoning was the was the Hilary kerfufle as he stated in his letter

awpitt

Main Streeter
Whatever you say. :rolleyes:

I'm talking about Obama's firing of Maj. Gen. Errol R. Schwartz’s. Do keep up.

Incorrect.

Obama did not fire Gen. Schwartz. As a presidential appointee, Gen. Schwartz submitted his resignation along with all the other presidential appointees to the Trump transition team. Trump then had the choice to reject the resignation (thus keeping Gen. Schwartz on) or to accept the resignation (thus replacing Gen. Schwartz). Trump accepted the resignation. Gen. Schwartz was appointed by Bush 43 and was kept on by Obama throughout Obama's eight years in office. Sorry to inject facts here but it is you who needs to keep up.

Sapidus

Ha ha ha ha haaa!!! Left wing parrot. Yep..we got you nailed, Newb.

So you believe he fired him because of his inappropriate announcement about an investigation involving Hilary Clinton ?

Or did he just decide to wait four months to take action?

It's one or the other.

If left wing talking points are correct of course that is what people are going to be talking about.