This is why I don't like doctors

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I had a 1:00 appt at Neibauer in Great Mills for an exam before a filling replacement. I get there at 10 til to fill out paperwork (I *was* a first time patient). Sat sat sat and they finally called me into the examination room.

Great looking place, all new and nicely decorated, spanking clean and the receptionists were very friendly. So far so good.

At 1:45, a dental assistant (not the dentist) came in to find out why I was there (even though I'd already told them when I made the appt, and also told the other assistant who took me back). I told her that I wasn't going to have time for the appt today, since I'd already been there for 45 minutes and had to get back to work.

Walked out, will not reschedule.

I find the arrogance of doctors and their lack of respect for their patients' time annoying. I realize they overbook because of cancellations, but that's not my problem, nor should it be. I don't set appts with my clients, then keep them cooling their heels for an hour, therefore I don't appreciate it when it's done to me.

</rant>

MMDad

Lem Putt
vraiblonde said:
I had a 1:00 appt at Neibauer in Great Mills for an exam before a filling replacement. I get there at 10 til to fill out paperwork (I *was* a first time patient). Sat sat sat and they finally called me into the examination room.
If you get to an appointment three hours early, you can hardly blame them for you having to wait. :poke:

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser
I used to work for an ophthalmologist who insisted we schedule exams every ten minutes. :ohwell: His associate would also only do an eyeglass exam, then insist her patients reschedule for a contact lens exam so that she could bill their insurance twice.

Nanny Pam

:clap: You did exactly what I have done and I applaud you! If more of us would do this maybe someone would get the message.

:yay:

mAlice

professional daydreamer
MMDad said:
If you get to an appointment three hours early, you can hardly blame them for you having to wait. :poke:

She didn't get there three hours early, she got there 10 minutes early. :rolleyes:

MMDad

Lem Putt
vraiblonde said:
Let me clarify:

I got there at 10 til 1, not 10:00. :smack:

That's what I figured, but that's no fun.

Unfortunately, what you experienced is now normal. Get used to it, it isn't going to get any better.

sanchezf

Little ol' Me
Not sure where you live but?

Try Dr. Morgan, he and his son are wonderful. I can honestly say I don't think I have ever waited more than 2 minutes to be seen.

Dr. Morgan 301-274-0044
Mechanicsville

vraiblonde said:

Great looking place, all new and nicely decorated, spanking clean and the receptionists were very friendly. So far so good.

At 1:45, a dental assistant (not the dentist) came in to find out why I was there (even though I'd already told them when I made the appt, and also told the other assistant who took me back). I told her that I wasn't going to have time for the appt today, since I'd already been there for 45 minutes and had to get back to work.

I find the arrogance of doctors and their lack of respect for their patients' time annoying. I realize they overbook because of cancellations, but that's not my problem, nor should it be. I don't set appts with my clients, then keep them cooling their heels for an hour, therefore I don't appreciate it when it's done to me.

</rant>
Go to Frank Long in Leonardtown. He is DAYUM GOOD at what he does and he is THE ONLY person that works on you. You are the ONLY person in his waiting room when it's your time slot. He only schedules one person at a time and spends the entire slotted time with them.

MMDad

Lem Putt
elaine said:
YOU make a retarded comment, and I'M captain obvious? :lmao:
Do you think I would have put the :poke: in there if I really thought she had gotten there three hours early? I realize that not everyone understands sarcasm, but you usually seem like one of the smarter ones.

cattitude said:
I understood it the first time. :lol:

Go to my dentist... He's in PF.
:yeahthat: We use the dentist in the back of the shopping center where the movie theatre is. Prince Frederick Dental Center I think is the name. Whatever the name is doesn't matter, what does matter is that I have never had to wait more than 5 minutes to be seen. They schedule evening and weekend appointments too. Always nice and friendly. No smelly dentists. Some cute DA's and a hot one or 2 as well.

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life
Dr. Blair Wood here in LP is wonderful! I've gone a few times and each time I was in the chair w/in 5-10 minutes. I wasn't even done filling out my "new patient" paperwork before they called me the first time. Great staff, too!

itsbob

I bowl overhand
vraiblonde said:

</rant>
Try Dr Gainer on GMR. not the poshest digs for an office, but him and his staff are GREAT! Have never waited for more than 5 or ten minutes for my appointments.. and usually if I arrive early I'm out back early getting the preliminary work done while waiting for Dr Gainer.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
And that message would be...

Nanny Pam said:
:clap: You did exactly what I have done and I applaud you! If more of us would do this maybe someone would get the message.

:yay:

"Wehrr mahdth as hell anth we're thnot going to thake itth any thmore!"

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
huntr1 said:
:yeahthat: We use the dentist in the back of the shopping center where the movie theatre is. Prince Frederick Dental Center I think is the name. Whatever the name is doesn't matter, what does matter is that I have never had to wait more than 5 minutes to be seen. They schedule evening and weekend appointments too. Always nice and friendly. No smelly dentists. Some cute DA's and a hot one or 2 as well.

Dr. Mash.(Masciantonio).... he used to be on 231. I go to Dr. T (long name) a woman..she's really nice. I like the Saturday and evening hours.