Smoking? Chantix really works

:howdy: Well, it's been over two months and no smokes and very few mild urges.....I had tried everything in the book to break a fourty year habit and these little pills did the trick. This stuff works like magic. It even has a site for support www.chantix.com If anyone is interested, don't hesitate to try it. :starcat:

baileydog

I wanna be a SMIB
Congrats on the quitting. I made the 1 year mark on March 9th. Keep up the good work. I used the patch.

ChattyCat

ChattyCat
KAT20619 said:
:howdy: Well, it's been over two months and no smokes and very few mild urges.....I had tried everything in the book to break a fourty year habit and these little pills did the trick. This stuff works like magic. It even has a site for support www.chantix.com If anyone is interested, don't hesitate to try it. :starcat:

Hey Kat, Congratulations!!! :howdy: I just started them today. Did you have any side affects?

mizteresa1965

Congratulations! I got the prescription for it, took it to CVS, went to pick it up and low and behold, my stinkin insurance dosen't cover smoking deterants! (sp?) The cost for one week is $178. Needless to say, I didn't get it. You would think the the insurance companies would rather pay for smoking deterants that pay for the cancer treatments related to lung cancer!

I'm still smoking........but cut back considerably and hopefully will kick the habit soon!

mainman

Set Trippin
mizteresa1965 said:
Congratulations! I got the prescription for it, took it to CVS, went to pick it up and low and behold, my stinkin insurance dosen't cover smoking deterants! (sp?) The cost for one week is $178. Needless to say, I didn't get it. You would think the the insurance companies would rather pay for smoking deterants that pay for the cancer treatments related to lung cancer!

I'm still smoking........but cut back considerably and hopefully will kick the habit soon!
If you buy the meds you quit smoking through financial attrition...

Sparx

It worked for me too. Over 2 months now. I haven't put on any weight either. My insurance paid 100%. I do think there are some negative side effects but they're worth it.

bubble_gum_yum

KAT20619 said:

:yay: Congratulations. I think I'm going to suggest this to hubby. I really wish he would stop smoking :barf:

Yep, one side effect, I got turned off to smoking!!!!! There are some listed on the insert but I had none at all.

mingiz

Horse Poor
I got mine at Eckard for 103.00 Only side affects is a little nausea after taking the pill, that went away quickly and dry mouth... I don't think the cost of the meds are that bad when you consider how much a cartoon of smokes are for a week...

johnjrval424

Hubby and I started simultaneously. He's a 30+ year smoker, 2-packs a day, and I'm a considerably lighter smoker, 1-pack every 2 days.

Needless to say, the pills have had an effect on me after one week. For him, it's taking a little longer but that's to be expected.

He just upped his dosage today to the 1 mg pill after easing in on the .5 mg ones. I'm just hoping the side effects don't start. He'll give it up if he starts to feel queasy.

:keepingfingerscrossed:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
mizteresa1965 said:
That's crazy - I wonder why your insurance company doesn't cover smoking cessation, especially since it's not that expensive?

johnjrval424

vraiblonde said:
That's crazy - I wonder why your insurance company doesn't cover smoking cessation, especially since it's not that expensive?

I agree. It is in their best interest to cover it since it would probably cost them less in the long run.

We are lucky - my husband's insurance cover all but $25 for each box. So, it was $50 for him (because he got 2 months at a time) and $25 for me. Not so bad in the scheme of things since cigarettes are about $5 a pack now - that's only a week's worth of cigarettes.

Pandora

My husband and I are using this and our insurance did cover it. The starter pack was $25.00 each, so $50 for the both of us and the 2nd and 3rd month for both were a $100/$50 each.

It works pretty well. :shrug:

Today, a person walked by me and I noticed the smell of cigarettes on them and I thought, ewww. I was up to over 2 packs a day and got down to about ½ a pack per day before starting this medicine. There were evenings I’d knock off a pack with no thought what-so-ever. Just light one right after another, take a puff and leave it in the ash tray.

It isn’t easy. :ohwell: Day #5 But I've been keeping busy around the house, getting things done to keep my head busy so I guess that is a good thing.

Nanny Pam

Pandora said:
My husband and I are using this and our insurance did cover it. The starter pack was $25.00 each, so $50 for the both of us and the 2nd and 3rd month for both were a $100/$50 each.

It works pretty well. :shrug:

Today, a person walked by me and I noticed the smell of cigarettes on them and I thought, ewww. I was up to over 2 packs a day and got down to about ½ a pack per day before starting this medicine. There were evenings I’d knock off a pack with no thought what-so-ever. Just light one right after another, take a puff and leave it in the ash tray.

It isn’t easy. :ohwell: Day #5 But I've been keeping busy around the house, getting things done to keep my head busy so I guess that is a good thing.
:clap: way to go, pandora! You can do this...if I did it, anyone can.
It took me about 7 or 8 days till I was not punchy, but after that, it was smooth sailing. I will tell you that in my case, the cravings have not completely gone away. (Quit 7 years ago) Every once in a while, I say I could burn one, but then I am over it. Once you see how everyone smells that smokes, you'll see what I mean.

Pandora

Nanny Pam said:
:clap: way to go, pandora! You can do this...if I did it, anyone can.
It took me about 7 or 8 days till I was not punchy, but after that, it was smooth sailing. I will tell you that in my case, the cravings have not completely gone away. (Quit 7 years ago) Every once in a while, I say I could burn one, but then I am over it. Once you see how everyone smells that smokes, you'll see what I mean.

It is clear I’m nicotine deprived, I wrote all that out when I could have said $25.00 each a month. :lol: I’m doing pretty good and drinking lots of water. I don't hang with anyone who smokes so the temptation is very limited. That helps. :yay:

johnjrval424

Husband and I are on our second week. He's down to about 8 per day and I'm on my first day of only 2! I was about 1/2 a pack per day (or more, depending on stress) and he was 2 packs. He's been smoking for 35 years and I've smoked on and off for about 20, with long stretches of non-smoking.

It's more important for him to get smoke free because:

(1) quadruple bypass surgery in 1998
(2) aunt had masectomy due to breast cancer
(3) grandmother died of uterine cancer
(4) mother died of lung cancer

So obviously, the cancer gene is existent in his family. Fortunately, we've had none of that on my side.

Keep your fingers crossed for us!

dog19532

[hi QUOTE=Sparx;2005723]It worked for me too. Over 2 months now. I haven't put on any weight either. My insurance paid 100%. I do think there are some negative side effects but they're worth it.[/QUOTE]

dog19532

I have82 days.cravings are not as bad. I try to stay away from people that smoke i can,t keep away from everyone, but i can limit the time.One of the reasons I STOPPED was i had a heartattack 2yrs. ago and smoking was making no sense. It still took me up to 82 day ago to stop. The chantix makes this seem like i can do it this time. GOOD LUCK EVERYONE.