10 McRib Facts

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
mental_floss Blog » The Quick 10: 10 McRib Facts

1. There’s more to a McRib than barbecue sauce-slathered pork on a bun with onions and pickles. The sandwich contains a staggering 70 different ingredients, the least innocuous of which are “pig bits like tripe, heart, and scalded stomach.” Add in some azodicarbonamide, ammonium sulfate, ethoxylated mono- and diglycerides and… well, you get the idea.

Mmmm.....scalded stomach......:yum:

CrashTest

I don't eat McRibs because of what's in them but I eat hot dogs. Probably just as scary. Go figure.

Wenchy

Hot Flash

Tripe is stomach. I'm going to treat you to this:

MENUDO
A traditional beef tripe and hominy soup. Served with cilantro, oregano, limas and warm tortillas.

I don't eat McRibs because of what's in them but I eat hot dogs. Probably just as scary. Go figure.

Hot dogs and the McRib thing are scary. It's not because of the organ meats but because of the preservatives...IMO. No part of an animal slaughtered for food should be wasted. Again, JMO.

Google how chicken McNuggets are made.

Protein is good. Fillers/preservatives are not.

ItalianScallion

Harley Rider
I tried it when it first came out in the 80's?? and it tasted like a hot dog with BBQ sauce on it. Since I don't normally eat hot dogs, I figured the ingredients were the same and I never had another one...:yuk:

Vince

MENUDO
A traditional beef tripe and hominy soup. Served with cilantro, oregano, limas and warm tortillas.

Hot dogs and the McRib thing are scary. It's not because of the organ meats but because of the preservatives...IMO. No part of an animal slaughtered for food should be wasted. Again, JMO.

Google how chicken McNuggets are made.

Protein is good. Fillers/preservatives are not.
Haven't had tripe in years. Mom used to make it in spagetti sauce with hot pepper. :yum:

I thought Menudo sounded familiar... boy band in the 80's.

Why did they name themselves after a soup made with stomach parts?

ew.

unixpirate

Pitty Party

MENUDO
A traditional beef tripe and hominy soup. Served with cilantro, oregano, limes and warm tortillas.

You did your research on wikipedia. Don't forget the green chili's and the tortillas are an option. Very good out here in the Southwest! :yum:

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Funny that she mentioned that. :dye:

Most of us know that you are the most clueless piece of scum on the planet..but in this instance, for us and all the rest, please explain. Nobody has the slightest clue what you meant.